LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

Does Brandon Jacobs play this sunday vs. The Giants?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does Brandon Jacobs play this sunday vs. The Giants?

Only if Jacibs.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
he should indeed plat, only if gore

If Jacobs plats, does Gire sit?
Originally posted by THEB:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
What the hell is a plat?

A plat in the U.S. is a map, drawn to scale, showing the divisions of a piece of land.

Thanks
I don't know about you guys, but I hate when the game is obviously over and we have Hunter running the ball. I know he is the backup, but I think he is VERY important to our offense that I would rather him not be out there.

so my ideal situation is.....during the game Gore, Hunter and maybe Jacobs are doing what they have to do to win us the game....but when it is obviously over and we are trying to run out the clock, then I'd like to have Jacobs and Dixon rotating to putting the game away.

two Big Backs against defenses that are already ready to go home should equal less aggressive tackles...with our true starters healthy on the sidelines.
I would have liked Jacobs to run in the Bills game just to air out the cobwebs and get some life into those legs of his. He would have been primed for the Giants game instead of going in cold.

Unless he is part of a new dimension JH wants to reveal in the up coming game just to throw off the next opponents some more.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I don't know about you guys, but I hate when the game is obviously over and we have Hunter running the ball. I know he is the backup, but I think he is VERY important to our offense that I would rather him not be out there.

so my ideal situation is.....during the game Gore, Hunter and maybe Jacobs are doing what they have to do to win us the game....but when it is obviously over and we are trying to run out the clock, then I'd like to have Jacobs and Dixon rotating to putting the game away.

two Big Backs against defenses that are already ready to go home should equal less aggressive tackles...with our true starters healthy on the sidelines.

Seems reasonable, the two bigger backs with the least amount of long term value getting the lions share in those situations. Still think ya throw in some hunter to preserve the 3 headed monster attack.
He might play though. Seriously can't we edit post tiles for typos? I hate when this happens to me.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I'd like to see him play. We could really use him on 3rd &1 and goalline situations, which we struggle with sometimes. I can't tell if he's in JH's doghouse or not. I hope its not Braylon Edwards all over again. Hopefully they're just waiting for him to be completely healthy. No reason to rush him back when we have Gore/Hunter tearing through defenses anyways.

If Jacobs is activated, I think we should sit Celek. Our special teams has been a little leaky this season and I wouldn't want to sit Dixon. We have Dobbs who could function as the 3rd TE.

Agree. I'm sure Jacobs is highly motivated for this game as is Manningham and the rest of the 49ers.
Dont want him in this game. I'm afraid he'll be out to "prove something" and cough up the ball going for extra yards....
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Dont want him in this game. I'm afraid he'll be out to "prove something" and cough up the ball going for extra yards....

sure we can look at it that way ..or....he could have a beastly day on the ground and we rack up 250+ again.
[ Edited by ruthless49er on Oct 9, 2012 at 7:47 PM ]

Originally posted by ruthless49er:

sure we can look at it that way ..or....he could have a beastly day on the ground and we rack up 250+ again.

Not trying to be negative, but I think its a very real possiblility.

Rust + Over aggressive running = fumble.
Originally posted by ruthless49er:

Not trying to be negative, but I think its a very real possiblility.

Rust + Over aggressive running = fumble.

i know what you mean, still its football anything can happen. Id rather we look at how he can help our team. particularly 3rd and short. Bills stopped us first drive, dont see that happening with Jacobs. christ i hope we put up another 40-burger. this game and then the cards and seahawks i want to see us destroy on the field. more people to help the merrier
i hope he does. he's been out for a while now.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:

i think he would be a nice addition close to the goal line and maybe spell gore a bit. i am not afraid to play him for fear of him fumbling. anyone can do that at any time.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

i think he would be a nice addition close to the goal line and maybe spell gore a bit. i am not afraid to play him for fear of him fumbling. anyone can do that at any time.

Yeah, just ask Roger Craig
Share 49ersWebzone