There are 138 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who is More Consistent: Frank Gore or Kendall Hunter?

Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by Janitor:
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."- Mark Twain

Are you saying these numbers are a lie?
I think you are out thinking yourself on this one
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
I think you are out thinking yourself on this one

No. I'm not.

I'm dispelling the myth that Hunter is a all or nothing home-run threat. He's not. He's more consistent than gore!
Originally posted by nickbradley:
No. I'm not.

I'm dispelling the myth that Hunter is a all or nothing home-run threat. He's not. He's more consistent than gore!

You need to look up the word consistency
Originally posted by DirtyP:
You need to look up the word consistency

I defined it up front. Critical reading skills are important in life:

'Consistent' here is defined as more runs clustered near their mean. In other words, a running back with two rushes for six yards each is more consistent than a running back with two carries - one for zero yards and one for 12 yards.

-- do you disagree with that?
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by DirtyP:
You need to look up the word consistency

I defined it up front. Critical reading skills are important in life:

'Consistent' here is defined as more runs clustered near their mean. In other words, a running back with two rushes for six yards each is more consistent than a running back with two carries - one for zero yards and one for 12 yards.

-- do you disagree with that?

You have to account for blocking, why was that carry zero yards? Did somebody miss a block, did the RB trip over the QBs foot? So many things to take into account. Gore and Hunter are both good backs.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,876
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
This is still flawed however.

The jumbo package is brought in occasions other than when the offense is inside the five. For example, the 49er may go jumbo on 3rd and 1.

To be a fair comparison, you have to wipe out all rushing yardage when yards were gained from the jumbo package for both players.

Yes, of course. But I got most of them.

I would have to watch film and game chart to see the package.

You Singletary?
if he can not figure out the headsets, you have your answer
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
You have to account for blocking, why was that carry zero yards? Did somebody miss a block, did the RB trip over the QBs foot? So many things to take into account. Gore and Hunter are both good backs.

They're playing with the same o-line
Originally posted by nickbradley:
I defined it up front. Critical reading skills are important in life:

'Consistent' here is defined as more runs clustered near their mean. In other words, a running back with two rushes for six yards each is more consistent than a running back with two carries - one for zero yards and one for 12 yards.

-- do you disagree with that?

Your definition for consistency is so incomplete its not even worth addressing

Watch what I can do with stats

Frank Gore is leading the NFL in 10+ yard runs and YPC for qualifying rushers.

Frank Gore has 4 games over 5 YPC

Kendal Hunter has only 2 games with more than 5 YPC

Now who is more consistent?
Is there a point to all of this or did you go through all of this mental masturbation just to stave off boredom?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,876
they are both very good. i really see no point to this post
Gore.
Originally posted by cciowa:
they are both very good. i really see no point to this post



My point is to advocate for more hunter carries?
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Your definition for consistency is so incomplete its not even worth addressing

Watch what I can do with stats

Frank Gore is leading the NFL in 10+ yard runs and YPC for qualifying rushers.

Frank Gore has 4 games over 5 YPC

Kendal Hunter has only 2 games with more than 5 YPC

Now who is more consistent?

3 Carries for zero yards followed by a 20 yard run equals 5 ypc.

so I looked deeper. And applied methods. And I find that the coefficient of variation for Hunter is lower than Gores.

And you look at averages of averages. That's stupid
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Is there a point to all of this or did you go through all of this mental masturbation just to stave off boredom?

you didn't read. More Carries for hunter. Fresh Gore in January. 2013, and 2014.

You prefer to run him into the ground
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,876
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by cciowa:
they are both very good. i really see no point to this post



My point is to advocate for more hunter carries?
i do love hunter very much and i do understand the need to try to keep frank ok for the playoffs. Its just hard to make a case to take carries away from frank when he is at such a high level. plus you would have to spend alot of time and hire two people just to hide his helmet from him so he does not run out there.i was kind of hoping jacobs would come back and lessen franks carries in the redzone but not sure when that will happen. i am sorry if gave you the idea i was knocking you, That was not my intent and i am sorry if i came off that way. I just love both guys and love the current rotation we have but i do understand your case you are making