There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Week 5: Thoughts after rewatching the game (twice) ;-)

Originally posted by rturnbow49ers:
Anyone know where I can get a video of the game? My friends & I were on TV but can't seem to find the clip anywhere. Thanks!
Entire game 1st and 2nd half

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mODc24JhNZk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zww8ZAXlEf8
Originally posted by CityKing415:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Not going there. The last team that did that was the Falcons with their "State of California" trophy that they put on the sideline at Candlestick. They proceeded to get routed like 40-3 or something that day.

Bad mojo.

that dre bly fumble.. dumbest thing ive seen on a football field.. suprised he wasnt cut after the game..

Singletary did cut someone after that game...Allen Rossum! I sure don't miss those days.
7) Crabtree: Really starting to play well. In another offense he is a much more productive WR. He's getting open and he is making plays. Can't ask for more than that.

I never believed in the diva tag that was pasted on him from day one by many in the press and by 49er fans. He always seemed very uncomfortable in front of the camera to be a diva. His attitude is far from any thing like T.O or Chad Johnson or Moss and those who act very diva like. He is growing and will be a very good player for the 49ers . He is coming along and will prove so many people wrong if he has not already.
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
7) Crabtree: Really starting to play well. In another offense he is a much more productive WR. He's getting open and he is making plays. Can't ask for more than that.

I never believed in the diva tag that was pasted on him from day one by many in the press and by 49er fans. He always seemed very uncomfortable in front of the camera to be a diva. His attitude is far from any thing like T.O or Chad Johnson or Moss and those who act very diva like. He is growing and will be a very good player for the 49ers . He is coming along and will prove so many people wrong if he has not already.

Yeah, I think the fans had way too high of expectations. Most were treating him like he should be the second coming of Jerry Rice. Also, the holdout really hurt his image. Other than that the injuries were a big problem and missing pre-season. I liked how some thought he was faking his injury to skip pre-season last year. Yeah, that's why the team doctors put a boot on it and the players signed it. All a cover-up. I don't think he is a diva either. He's been misunderstood and I think deep down he's a shy guy in front of the camera. He seems like a bit of a loner. His reputation and name to me kind of overshadows him.

We have this year and 2 more after that but his last year is voidable although he will only make 3.5 million (might be more with a bonus?). I don't think his deal was as crazy as thought at the time. I think it's 6 years 32 million with 17 guaranteed. Was a lot more back then but 5.3 mil for our team's #1 WR isn't that much today. It's pretty low actually. If he gets voided that last year it could be 5 years 28.5 mil or so. Not saying he has fully earned it but the deal looks a lot better than it did back then. P.S. Also, one thing that isn't fair to WRs here... We just don't put up big passing yards. Not bringing Alex into the argument but 1) we run the ball and control the clock... high flying offenses get more possessions and more time... we like to eat clock, shorten the game 2) we win as a team... we don't have that 1 guy getting 150 yards receiving and the next closest guy being 45. We really spread it around, it was always spread around between vernon, morgan, ginn, gore out of the backfield catching, delanie, etc. Crabtree just won't put up big yardage really... vernon is our #1 and he averages like 50-60 a game. Nothing wrong with a 800-900 yard year here though 3) I don't think we ever had enough weapons before. Before Hunter not sure we had a good enough bace, morgan, walker, gore catching out of the backfield, etc. Gukup. Also, minus VD there was nobody to take the pressure and focus off Crabtree. Morgan was nice for a 6th round pick but he was pretty much average. Ginn shouldn't even be a WR and it should have never came down to Swain, Matthews, etc either. Like last year as good as we were a lot of games it was Crabtree and Ginn starting. Well, forget ginn.. focus on Crabtree at WR and VD.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 10, 2012 at 1:32 AM ]
I just hope we didn't blow our load against the Bills and have nothing left for th G-Men
[ Edited by ApatheticIAm on Oct 10, 2012 at 1:17 AM ]
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
I just hope we didn't blow our load against the Bills and have nothing left for th G-Men

We've been saying that since we unleashed:

passes to O-lineman
fake field goal passes (and punts, damn penalties)
jet sweeps
wham blocks
wildkaep
vernon wheel route
vernon post
kaep lingering uncovered near the sideline like he was subbing back out (shhhh!!!)

We'll always have something up our sleeves with this coaching staff!
P
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Yeah, I think the fans had way too high of expectations. Most were treating him like he should be the second coming of Jerry Rice. Also, the holdout really hurt his image. Other than that the injuries were a big problem and missing pre-season. I liked how some thought he was faking his injury to skip pre-seasonally last year. Yeah, that's why the team doctors put a boot on it and the players signed it. All a cover-up. I don't think he is a diva either. He's been misunderstood and I think deep down he's a shy guy in front of the camera. He seems like a bit of a loner.
Quote:


Well said. I too believe the hold out and high expectations (along with the blind following the national enquirer type media) led to the whole diva label that Crabtree still carries. But thats my opinion .
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
I just hope we didn't blow our load against the Bills and have nothing left for th G-Men

True......... Especially since this is a short week; 9ers host the Seachickens Thursday night.
One thing that concerns me that no one is talking about is all the penalties, they killed us in the 1st half, in the 3rd quarter it wasn't much better the offense just overcame it, the score should have been much higher tho, I don't think it'll fly against the Giants