2) Frank/Kendall: He just looks more healthy than he has in several years. He is of course not the exact same guy he was 5 years ago, but there the thing to me that has always made Frank so good is his vision and patience. He still has those in abundance and just looks like he has more life in those legs than he has in years. Kendall is really getting better. He used to just run into his blockers when it wasn't there but he is starting to see those cutback lanes.
3) Kaep: Another week, another good performance. Gotta hold that ball, but he is really becoming a threat. I love the creativity. Love that teams have to figure it out. Love that he is averaging over 10 yards a carry.
4) Front 7: Best in the NFL. No question. Every one of those guys is dominating the guy in front of him. They played NICKEL in a number of plays yesterday and DARED the Bills to run at them they they STILL couldn't muster a run game. They did the same thing against Green Bay, but Green Bay doesn't have Fred Jackson or CJ Spiller.
5) Kyle Williams: There is a segment of the poulation of the 'zone that will simply never forgive him. I on the other hand largely felt bad for him. He didn't make those mistakes in the NFCCG because he is a bad player. He made those mistakes because he was trying to make a play and be the hero. He will never erase the NFCCG, but he is playing well right now and it was nice to see him make a play on his TD. Keep it up Kyle.
6) Special Teams (return yards): Not worried. They'll be fine. It's gonna happen from time to time.
7) Crabtree: Really starting to play well. In another offense he is a much more productive WR. He's getting open and he is making plays. Can't ask for more than that.
8) Manningham: He is playing SOOO much better than I thought he would. He is a much better player than I thought he was. That move on the DB for the TD was scary good. DB didn't have a clue. If he can beat 1 on 1 coverage on a consistant basis, he's gonna be HUGE this year and into the playoffs.
9) O-Line: WOW. I mean...WOW. SCARY good. I guess thats what you get when you drop 3 first rounders on the line, sign a quality center, and take a chance on a goliath of a man with a bit of a troubled past. Boone turning his life around is HUGE for this line right now. Yes, Anthony Davis is having his best year, but having Boone beside him has been HUGE to the development of the line. I was a doubter before the season. I thought he was just too tall to play guard. I was WRONG in a big way. He is a MONSTER in there. SO happy for the guy.
10) Just some perspective: Last 2 weeks - Since the debacle in Minn, the 49ers have outscored their opponents 79-3. Moreover, they have outgained their opponents 1000 yards to 350. That's almost a 3 to 1 ratio. That's almost historic in proportions. That's not just a huge offense. That's not just a good defense. That is a complete domination on both sides of the ball that I haven't seen in a very long time. Now, they have a shot to complete the total domination of New York teams. This is the one you KNOW they have had circled on their calendars since the schedule came out. I for one can't wait.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Oct 8, 2012 at 10:01 AM ]