LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 326 users in the forums

Penalties

Shop Find 49ers gear online
look at this. We are the 8th most penalized team in the NFL.

7 today, 8 jets, 6 vikings, 5 lions, 8 packers... you have to remember you got ones in there like the cj spillman block in the back that was impossible in week 1... dashon goldson 15 yard penalty that was b.s., the rogers hands to the face was b.s., a bunch of personal fouls but some where just being the retaliating player, etc
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 7, 2012 at 10:26 PM ]
Just another area to improve on. The bills aren't worthy of being on the boot side of a perfect game. It's just another opportunity to get better.
They need to get a consult in with Mariucci on avoiding these dumb penalties. His teams were excellent at that.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by lordfangio:
we lost around 60+ yards at least on called back plays....we cannot do that against top talent and win

Are you serious? I don't care if we had 600+ yards called back because of penalties we had over 300 passing yards not called back because of penalties, we had over 300 rushing yards not called back because of penalties. And you're disappointed that it wasn't 400/400. Our defense allowed 3 points. Find me a more complete game. Go. Seriously. Go do it.

If you dont get the point I'm not going to explain it to you. Penalties kill drives and cost points. When this stuff happens against great teams like Baltimore last year it can cost you big.

He doesn't understand
The Niners would have gone over 700 yds of offense if the penalties didn't occur. I could care less. They made a "good enough" statement with 600 + yds.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
we lost around 60 yards at least on called back plays....we cannot do that against top talent and win

Are you serious? I don't care if we had 600 yards called back because of penalties we had over 300 passing yards not called back because of penalties, we had over 300 rushing yards not called back because of penalties. And you're disappointed that it wasn't 400/400. Our defense allowed 3 points. Find me a more complete game. Go. Seriously. Go do it.

If you dont get the point I'm not going to explain it to you. Penalties kill drives and cost points. When this stuff happens against great teams like Baltimore last year it can cost you big.

He doesn't understand

This is the NFL, bro. If you want a thorough domination each and every week, you're watching the wrong thing. Go coach a little league team and play against kids half their age or something if you want constant blowouts. As it is we have blown out our last 2 opponents and there's still b***hing. Unreal. Until/unless you can find a more complete game by any team in any year, you can't call it not a complete game. So go find a more complete game. Why haven't you yet? It's GOOFY how complete our game today was and STILL people complain about lack of completeness. If we scored 100-0 but a penalty brought back a touchdown that could have made it 107-0, you'd 100% complain about it and that pisses me right off. And I hate hearing the 'great teams don't lose to teams they're supposed to beat' crap that was spewed after the Minnesota game. Were the '94 Niners not great because we lost to the Eagles? Were the Ravens not great last year since they lost to Jacksonville? Were the Giants not great last year because they lost not once, but twice to the lowly Redskins? Again, unreal.
we lost around 60 yards at least on called back plays....we cannot do that against top talent and win

Are you serious? I don't care if we had 600 yards called back because of penalties we had over 300 passing yards not called back because of penalties, we had over 300 rushing yards not called back because of penalties. And you're disappointed that it wasn't 400/400. Our defense allowed 3 points. Find me a more complete game. Go. Seriously. Go do it.

He doesn't understand

This is the NFL, bro. If you want a thorough domination each and every week, you're watching the wrong thing. Go coach a little league team and play against kids half their age or something if you want constant blowouts. As it is we have blown out our last 2 opponents and there's still b***hing. Unreal. Until/unless you can find a more complete game by any team in any year, you can't call it not a complete game. So go find a more complete game. Why haven't you yet? It's GOOFY how complete our game today was and STILL people complain about lack of completeness. If we scored 100-0 but a penalty brought back a touchdown that could have made it 107-0, you'd 100% complain about it and that pisses me right off. And I hate hearing the 'great teams don't lose to teams they're supposed to beat' crap that was spewed after the Minnesota game. Were the '94 Niners not great because we lost to the Eagles? Were the Ravens not great last year since they lost to Jacksonville? Were the Giants not great last year because they lost not once, but twice to the lowly Redskins? Again, unreal.

Thats a lie. The 49ers dominated just about everyone, every week for nearly 20 years. It can be done. It will happen again. Forty-f**king-Niners, dammit.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I don't think we have been doing that bad in penalties. Today more than usual. I don't get why people get mad about you bringing it up. I think Staley brought it up in a post game interview. If the players and coaches can talk about what they can fix in a 45-3 win so can we. It's not complaining. You're right... if Willis doesn't get that strip it could have been a different ball game and those penalties killed us early on. There is always room for improvement... one of the 1st things whitner said in his interview was there were some coverages we have to fix. That's their mindset, the coaches mindset and the GMs mindset. Always room for improvement.

Staley SHOULD bring it up. He is a PLAYER for our team. We don't want them all happy and giddy about this because that's the whole Freddy P soft deal. But we're FANS. As much as you might wanna fantasize that you play or coach for the Niners, you don't. You're a fan. And guess what, it's A-OK for fans to be happy and giddy after a game like this. I wouldn't want players/coaches to be like that. If we won 100-0 and left a TD on the table, THEY actually SHOULD talk about that and talk about the very very very little they could have technically done better. We're fans and as fans, we should NOT nitpick after a game like this which was, in every way possible, the single most complete game in the history of the National Football League.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Thats a lie. The 49ers dominated just about everyone, every week for nearly 20 years. It can be done. It will happen again. Forty-f**king-Niners, dammit.

Lol, I feel you. Sometimes I just have to try and dish some insight into people that come across as very uneducated.
[ Edited by lordfangio on Oct 7, 2012 at 10:53 PM ]

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
The Niners would have gone over 700 yds of offense if the penalties didn't occur. I could care less. They made a "good enough" statement with 600 + yds.

THIS. I couldn't care less how many yards we left on the table when we left 300/300 NOT on the table.
Penalties are fine with me if we score 6 touchdowns and hold the other team to 3
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Penalties are fine with me if we score 6 touchdowns and hold the other team to 3 turnovers

Fixed
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
looked like the raiders in the first quarter. stupid penalties wiping out big plays.

He doesn't understand

Take a break.

Jreff raises a fair point.
Share 49ersWebzone