LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 6)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If the Hawks come out in 3 WR and Lynch in the backfield, this will really cause much stress to our D. We can play Nickel and stop the run okay against SOME backs in the league... but not this Thursday.

.. and if we play 3-4 vs a normal set, we still have the run vs pass issues that can keep our rushers from pinning ears back.

I don't know... I just don't know anymore. It isn't like me to lose so much confidence in my team in such a short time... but it is happening, I can't lie.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
If the Hawks come out in 3 WR and Lynch in the backfield, this will really cause much stress to our D. We can play Nickel and stop the run okay against SOME backs in the league... but not this Thursday.

.. and if we play 3-4 vs a normal set, we still have the run vs pass issues that can keep our rushers from pinning ears back.

I don't know... I just don't know anymore. It isn't like me to lose so much confidence in my team in such a short time... but it is happening, I can't lie.

we're still 4-2

Same here. We got dominated in every phase yesterday. It really seemed like the Giants knew our gameplan better than we did. A loss like that can kill confidence.

Their QB has a very nice deep ball and isn't afraid to let it go. The Giants showed how important attempting the deep pass can be vs a defense that is solid against the more probable plays. The deep ball is more of a chance play but is always a higher percentage for the offense more than it is for the defense if the coverage is man.

We better get ready.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
They will try to run a lot
Originally posted by Joecool:
Their QB has a very nice deep ball and isn't afraid to let it go. The Giants showed how important attempting the deep pass can be vs a defense that is solid against the more probable plays. The deep ball is more of a chance play but is always a higher percentage for the offense more than it is for the defense if the coverage is man.

We better get ready.

with those WRs and not getting touched by a pass rush, I can see why Eli isn't afraid to let routes develop and then pitch it up...

We better get ready.

with those WRs and not getting touched by a pass rush, I can see why Eli isn't afraid to let routes develop and then pitch it up...

I'm not talking about Alex Smith. I'm talking about the weakness of our D. Just to note, Eli did it with Mario in past years also. He did it with other WR's who are no longer good enough to be in the NFL.

But let's get away from all that. Should have posted this comment in this thread.

Am I the only one who isn't bothered by this loss? So what, Alex had a bad game. Our coaches came in with what looked like the exact same game plan as last year's regular season game vs the Giants. What does that tell me? They are more worried about beating SEA than they are beating the Giants. I truly believe some of last week was to prepare for SEA along with keeping Gore from being too sore and keeping him fresh for SEA.Our division is tough. If we had a 3 game lead, then I think the importance of the SEA and NYG games would be flipped. But we MUST have division wins first priority.
[ Edited by Joecool on Oct 15, 2012 at 9:20 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Our DB's better be ready cuz Wilson is not afraid to let it rip.

We better get ready.

I'm not talking about Alex Smith. I'm talking about the weakness of our D. Just to note, Eli did it with Mario in past years also. He did it with other WR's who are no longer good enough to be in the NFL.

But let's get away from all that. Should have posted this comment in this thread.

Am I the only one who isn't bothered by this loss? So what, Alex had a bad game. Our coaches came in with what looked like the exact same game plan as last year's regular season game vs the Giants. What does that tell me? They are more worried about beating SEA than they are beating the Giants. I truly believe some of last week was to prepare for SEA along with keeping Gore from being too sore and keeping him fresh for SEA.Our division is tough. If we had a 3 game lead, then I think the importance of the SEA and NYG games would be flipped. But we MUST have division wins first priority.

I don't think we overlooked the NYG, no.

... and to the bolded, which receivers would u be referring to? Only one that comes to mind is Plaxico.. who was very good but got old, shot himself, went to prison, etc.

We better get ready.

I don't think we overlooked the NYG, no.

... and to the bolded, which receivers would u be referring to? Only one that comes to mind is Plaxico.. who was very good but got old, shot himself, went to prison, etc.

Tyre. There's been more but who knows their names. Manningham with the NYG. 2010, he had 944 on only 60 catches: 15.7 average. Year before, he had 822 off of 57 catches. He is a legit threat. It's about letting that ball go and placing it right more than anything.

I don't think we overlooked NYG, but I do think we may have prepared for SEA. The gameplan we used vs NYG was VERY similar to what we did last year in regular season vs them. If I were coaching and know Gore may be sore up to Wednesday and he will be playing on Thursday along with the fact that the West is strong and winning the division won't be easy...I would be worrying about beating SEA much more than beating NYG. We can beat the NYG when we get to the playoffs but we need to get there first.

Tyre. There's been more but who knows their names. Manningham with the NYG. 2010, he had 944 on only 60 catches: 15.7 average. Year before, he had 822 off of 57 catches. He is a legit threat. It's about letting that ball go and placing it right more than anything.

I don't think we overlooked NYG, but I do think we may have prepared for SEA. The gameplan we used vs NYG was VERY similar to what we did last year in regular season vs them. If I were coaching and know Gore may be sore up to Wednesday and he will be playing on Thursday along with the fact that the West is strong and winning the division won't be easy...I would be worrying about beating SEA much more than beating NYG. We can beat the NYG when we get to the playoffs but we need to get there first.

Dude, c'mon... David Tyree is on the wrong side of 30 and was never anything more than a light role player. Says right here he never had more than 19 receptions in a season.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TyreDa00.htm

He just happened to make that outrageous catch off the top of his helmet. Who else ya got?

Anyway... to the reason I even stopped in here..

Just watched all of Boone's LT snaps, and I feel he is more than capable of handling the spot. Stepped right in and handled the NYG well. I worry a bit about Clemons' quickness getting past him.. but I'd worry about Staley there too.
[ Edited by Mr.Mcgibblets on Oct 15, 2012 at 10:29 AM ]
beating them soundly will make this pain i have in my stomach go away a lot quicker

damn, overreact much?

if there is any confidence being lost it should be in alex, not in our defense lol
SEA, Gore is fresh!!! I think we run them into the ground.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Expect Seattle and Arizona the following week to treat this game like their super bowl.
Share 49ersWebzone