LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 256 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 6)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dugo:
Anything on Gore yet? Gore put the team on his back..and ppl say he's lost a step..

Bruised ribs/back, nothing 10 days won't help fix.
Originally posted by MrTruth:
Originally posted by DirtyP:
2. The passing game had no rythm to disrupt.
3. How does CK running with the ball disrupt the passing game?

AS march the offense to the red zone, inserting CK for that 1 snap stop the rhythm of the drive and mess with AS's head, furthermore CK took a huge hit as the backup and 1 yd loss and a waste of down since everyone has tape on his limited plays. CK is useless and a waste of time.

the excuses NEVER stop lmao
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Ginn just showed me in this game that we missed his speed on the return game. He has a few very good return for us in this game when he got some blocking in front of him. His speed is just unmatched. His running around wasting time before he decides to take a lane still pisses me off.

But very glad Teddy is back on the return

Glad you pointed that out. Didn't think he looked good since he's been back but it looked like he got his good returns tonight when he made a quick decision and stuck with it
Great hard-fought game tonight Niner fans. We'll get ya up north in December!!

AS march the offense to the red zone, inserting CK for that 1 snap stop the rhythm of the drive and mess with AS's head, furthermore CK took a huge hit as the backup and 1 yd loss and a waste of down since everyone has tape on his limited plays. CK is useless and a waste of time.

I'm starting to hate that sh*t. Because the play doesn't work. Hasn't worked in 3 games now -- the Bills, Giants, and Seattle. It's just a wasted down in the redzone.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 18, 2012 at 9:35 PM ]
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mug0mug:
People went crazy on the "Randy Moss was wide open," play where Alex threw the pick (even Gore was pointing!) after Mayock went so heavy on it, but every angle I've looked at he was under duress, had no window, and there was no easy pass to him. I'd have preferred he just throw it away, run, or take a sack, but he was trying to be aggressive rather than passive, a criticism people constantly pepper him with.

Don't know what happened to Mayock, have always thought he's a good analyst, for but whatever reason he was awful in this game. Maybe that's just my bias, but he's lost a lot of credibility with me.
CK was awesome if you consider getting your head knock off and disrupting the rhythm of the offense a food thing

1. No one mentioned CK

redzone 2nd and 7. bring him in, nearly gets decapitated by D that saw it coming a mile away. 3rd and long interception. No that didn't disrupt things at all.

WE GET IT.
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by dugo:
Anything on Gore yet? Gore put the team on his back..and ppl say he's lost a step..

Bruised ribs/back, nothing 10 days won't help fix.

Cool Thanks bro!!!
Originally posted by vaden:
People went crazy on the "Randy Moss was wide open," play where Alex threw the pick (even Gore was pointing!) after Mayock went so heavy on it, but every angle I've looked at he was under duress, had no window, and there was no easy pass to him. I'd have preferred he just throw it away, run, or take a sack, but he was trying to be aggressive rather than passive, a criticism people constantly pepper him with.

Don't know what happened to Mayock, have always thought he's a good analyst, for but whatever reason he was awful in this game. Maybe that's just my bias, but he's lost a lot of credibility with me.

He was like this during the Christmas eve game, total Seahawk-sucking, knew he was gonna bring his a-game tonight sucking them off.
Originally posted by pitseleh:
I agree with relying on Smith to pass has not produced, but Smith's first two games were great as we did not abandon the run game. We somehow forced ourselves to be one dimensional in the two losses. I say we forced ourselves because we came out passing, they took the lead, and then we had to rely on the passing game when we were behind. We play the best when we come out running and able to stay 2 dimensional. He doesnt need everything to be perfect but needs the D to stay honest to both parts of the offense

Rely on AS to pass makes the offense 1 dimensional and that's what the AS critics want. They want him to fail. Running the ball only balance the offense out and keep the defense honest and defending the run and the pass. Inserting CK does nothing now, cause every team has tape on him and it disruption AS and the offense.

accurate. fantastic fans!

I'm starting to hate that sh*t. Because the play doesn't work. Hasn't worked in 3 games now -- the Bills, Giants, and Seattle. It's just a wasted down in the redzone.

I was hoping I wasn't going to see him in the redzone today. He may be nice to throw in any other time. I think I remember him running twice into fg range and the pass to moss. But I dont think he's passed in the redzone and teams know hes going to hand it off or run it himself in the rz

Edit: Oh and say what you want but I believe CK in the redzone is not only a loss of downs but it does disrupt the rhythm
[ Edited by pitseleh on Oct 18, 2012 at 9:40 PM ]
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pliny:
Great hard-fought game tonight Niner fans. We'll get ya up north in December!!

Yeah it was...December it is..

I was hoping I wasn't going to see him in the redzone today. He may be nice to throw in any other time. I think I remember him running twice into fg range and the pass to moss. But I dont think he's passed in the redzone and teams know hes going to hand it off or run it himself in the rz

That's the way I see it too. Anywhere else but not in the all important redzone. Unless they can get him to throw a pass in the redzone and be a dual/triple threat, they need to stop calling it.
I agree with relying on Smith to pass has not produced, but Smith's first two games were great as we did not abandon the run game. We somehow forced ourselves to be one dimensional in the two losses. I say we forced ourselves because we came out passing, they took the lead, and then we had to rely on the passing game when we were behind. We play the best when we come out running and able to stay 2 dimensional. He doesnt need everything to be perfect but needs the D to stay honest to both parts of the offense

Rely on AS to pass makes the offense 1 dimensional and that's what the AS critics want. They want him to fail. Running the ball only balance the offense out and keep the defense honest and defending the run and the pass. Inserting CK does nothing now, cause every team has tape on him and it disruption AS and the offense.

I disagree. The Kaepernick package overall has been fairly successful, but more to the point, his package takes away probably a full meeting and at least a half a day of practice for opponents.

Opponents need to go over how to defend his package, even if we only use it 2 or 3 plays a game. Everything people call "cute," is another thing to cover during an opponent's few days of game-planning. Even if the plays aren't successful on gameday, they still work, in that they at least detract from the opponent's preparation.

I disagree. The Kaepernick package overall has been fairly successful, but more to the point, his package takes away probably a full meeting and at least a half a day of practice for opponents.

Opponents need to go over how to defend his package, even if we only use it 2 or 3 plays a game. Everything people call "cute," is another thing to cover during an opponent's few days of game-planning. Even if the plays aren't successful on gameday, they still work, in that they at least detract from the opponent's preparation.

dude I don't know what you've been watching but after initially being a huge success defenses are totally wise to it and snuff it out without fail. The trend is obvious!!!
Share 49ersWebzone