LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 6)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Alright situation resolved.
Impossible to enjoy a win on a niner fan website cause everyone is obsessed with one person, lol...
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
Hard to get in a word around here but i will try.

Like I said earlier (before the game) the 49ers are good at taking what teams give us. They started taking the check-downs, they just kept taking 4 yards a carry and it eventually led to some big runs.

We knew it was going to be physical, we over came dumb penalties and suspect officiating.

I think Alex Smith played poorly. He didn't find Vernon Davis, I don't know if the Seahawks just decided to take him out (if so then that is fine). My only real concern was that INT by Alex Smith, I don't get it...

STOP TAKING SMITH OUT FOR KAP... PERIOD

I don't get that either, he had a very similar play from last year where he was scrambling to the same side an threw late into the endzone and got picked off. Very similar. Remembered the play but not the game. He even said he didn't put enough zip into the throw after the game. I would think he learned from that.
@sacniner: particularly, when that one person throws the ball, and the person who catches it makes a good run after the catch, with a great wide receiver block.
ill say it again LEADING the division enjoy the win that was a good team

Like I said earlier (before the game) the 49ers are good at taking what teams give us. They started taking the check-downs, they just kept taking 4 yards a carry and it eventually led to some big runs.

We knew it was going to be physical, we over came dumb penalties and suspect officiating.

I think Alex Smith played poorly. He didn't find Vernon Davis, I don't know if the Seahawks just decided to take him out (if so then that is fine). My only real concern was that INT by Alex Smith, I don't get it...

Agree on all points.

Halftime Adjustments seemed to be great. Offense adjusted and defense started... playing .
Officiating was very questionable. I get officials miss calls on both side of the ball, but it seemed one side was allowed to be... more physical than the other?
Teams are starting to take out Davis as Smith and him have amazing chemistry and has been the biggest threat to D's through the air this season.
In the rz, agree

Yeah I think you've hit it on the head. Alex didn't really do anything wrong other than the INT... that was ugly. It should have never happened coz we should have continued beaten the asses with the run game. If ever there is a time for Jacobs to come in that was it. But IMO Alex did what the coaches wanted him to do. Looked after the ball and took time off the clock.

Officiating was horrible. How can they get away with that kind of contact down the field? And that facemask, MY GOD!
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

I don't get that either, he had a very similar play from last year where he was scrambling to the same side an threw late into the endzone and got picked off. Very similar. Remembered the play but not the game. He even said he didn't put enough zip into the throw after the game. I would think he learned from that.

I was just trying to remember what game that was! I'd rather have smith take a quick read/throw it away in the rz than to try and scramble and force a play at this point
How did Willis do?
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Thank god for defense and running game.

QB is a giant hole.

X2; ditto: copy and paste. Let us pray

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Rely on Alex Smith passing= 2 losses
Run the ball with Gore and company=wins
Alex needs everything to go right to function.

the Pats relied on Brady to pass last week and lost against Sea

Brady didn't lose . He put them ahead by Passing! Then watched on the sideline as Wilson won it for Seatle
by (you guessed it) PASSING!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by barako:
How did Willis do?

7 tackles, big pass defense on Edwards to force an incompletion on what would've been a TD. Combined with Bowman on some QB pressures.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by barako:
How did Willis do?

7 tackles, big pass defense on Edwards to force an incompletion on what would've been a TD. Combined with Bowman on some QB pressures.

Yup and a tipped pass to force a key 4th down at the end of the game.

Willis and Gore played their hearts out tonight. I'm proud they are niners. They represent the gold and red well.
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
that's awesome. Frank is such a humble guy too. Considering he blew out his knees in college, he has been nothing short of fantastic his entire stay with the Niners

Yeah, the way he ran as a rookie most would have thought he would have been out after a few years. Guys that run like he did, Marion Barber, etc don't last long due to the punishment they take by lowering their shoulder every run. Frank has been able to stay in the league and perform at a high level because he stopped running like that (at times) and learned to be patient and set up behind his blocks. He also cuts a lot better as he is some what smaller than he was back then. He can still run tough but he does a better job of protecting his body now.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Yup and a tipped pass to force a key 4th down at the end of the game.

Willis and Gore played their hearts out tonight. I'm proud they are niners. They represent the gold and red well.

Bowman had a sack, can't remember when... will see when I go back and watch it again. Aldon also came up big with that one at the end. The pass rush was a little better this game. I still think we need to draft a pass rushing DE and/or OLB to give these guys some rest. Only gave up 2 sacks which is good for us. Run blocking was excellent. We had some really good play calls and alex did a nice job of audibling and putting us in good position. We were gashing them left and right. Many of those plays gore didn't even get touched until the 2nd level.

stats say 9 tackles for justin, 8 willis, 7 bowman

Also, they had some dropped balls which affected the stats but still wilson was 9/24 for 122 and an int

our pass d has went from like 16th to 1st and our run d has went from 1st to like 9th... still 1st in defense with total yards i believe after this game

We were 2nd in pts/game on defense at 14.3 compared to chicago's 14.2 but we should take over the top spot after only giving up 6.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 18, 2012 at 10:36 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone