LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 6)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mug0mug:
Originally posted by MrTruth:
Originally posted by pitseleh:
I agree with relying on Smith to pass has not produced, but Smith's first two games were great as we did not abandon the run game. We somehow forced ourselves to be one dimensional in the two losses. I say we forced ourselves because we came out passing, they took the lead, and then we had to rely on the passing game when we were behind. We play the best when we come out running and able to stay 2 dimensional. He doesnt need everything to be perfect but needs the D to stay honest to both parts of the offense

Rely on AS to pass makes the offense 1 dimensional and that's what the AS critics want. They want him to fail. Running the ball only balance the offense out and keep the defense honest and defending the run and the pass. Inserting CK does nothing now, cause every team has tape on him and it disruption AS and the offense.

I disagree. The Kaepernick package overall has been fairly successful, but more to the point, his package takes away probably a full meeting and at least a half a day of practice for opponents.

Opponents need to go over how to defend his package, even if we only use it 2 or 3 plays a game. Everything people call "cute," is another thing to cover during an opponent's few days of game-planning. Even if the plays aren't successful on gameday, they still work, in that they at least detract from the opponent's preparation.

I understand. But not in the redzone. Especially when it's not working for 3 games straight. Try it somewhere else.
Frank Gore:

With the 131 today and the 8095 coming in that equals 8226 total and just passed Herschal Walker for 36th all time

36 more yards to get into 35th place

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rush_yds_career.htm
Originally posted by davide49:
I agree with relying on Smith to pass has not produced, but Smith's first two games were great as we did not abandon the run game. We somehow forced ourselves to be one dimensional in the two losses. I say we forced ourselves because we came out passing, they took the lead, and then we had to rely on the passing game when we were behind. We play the best when we come out running and able to stay 2 dimensional. He doesnt need everything to be perfect but needs the D to stay honest to both parts of the offense

Rely on AS to pass makes the offense 1 dimensional and that's what the AS critics want. They want him to fail. Running the ball only balance the offense out and keep the defense honest and defending the run and the pass. Inserting CK does nothing now, cause every team has tape on him and it disruption AS and the offense.

I disagree. The Kaepernick package overall has been fairly successful, but more to the point, his package takes away probably a full meeting and at least a half a day of practice for opponents.

Opponents need to go over how to defend his package, even if we only use it 2 or 3 plays a game. Everything people call "cute," is another thing to cover during an opponent's few days of game-planning. Even if the plays aren't successful on gameday, they still work, in that they at least detract from the opponent's preparation.

dude I don't know what you've been watching but after initially being a huge success defenses are totally wise to it and snuff it out without fail. The trend is obvious!!!

I count 3 drives now that we marched down the field, played Kaep in the the rz for little or no production, and ended up on fourth down. iirc, those were the last 3 times we played Kaep in the rz
  • dugo
  • Veteran

It might be good as far as keeping opponents guessing..but as for our team, it can be disrupting...we tried that with Young and Bono.back in the early 90's.. didn't work then.
Originally posted by davide49:

dude I don't know what you've been watching but after initially being a huge success defenses are totally wise to it and snuff it out without fail. The trend is obvious!!!

Well, I'd like to see an overall rate of success for the package, I'm pretty sure it's been successful overall, but we seem to be running it less and less. We ran it one time tonight, just enough to make it another thing the next opponent has to spend time on.
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
People went crazy on the "Randy Moss was wide open," play where Alex threw the pick (even Gore was pointing!) after Mayock went so heavy on it, but every angle I've looked at he was under duress, had no window, and there was no easy pass to him. I'd have preferred he just throw it away, run, or take a sack, but he was trying to be aggressive rather than passive, a criticism people constantly pepper him with.

Alex probably thought when he was pointing to Moss that he was calling for the ball. Probably an excuse but really a guy with his arms up 99,999/100,000 is calling the ball.

Who knows, maybe Gore's pointing lead the defender to cut off the pass?

Alexcuses!

That's old and played...come up with something new or stfu please.
You STFU and stop riding Alex's sack! Grow a pair and tell it like it is! AS is weak sauce! You can only baby him for so long, 7 YEARS is enough!!
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Frank Gore:

With the 131 today and the 8095 coming in that equals 8226 total and just passed Herschal Walker for 36th all time

WOW..thats awesome..good post
How about we stop wrecking the game day thread and you guys take it in the alex smith thread.
Originally posted by dugo:
WOW..thats awesome..good post

Glad someone saw it in the normal b.s. that's going on.
Frank Gore:

that's awesome. Frank is such a humble guy too. Considering he blew out his knees in college, he has been nothing short of fantastic his entire stay with the Niners
[ Edited by zeppfan1 on Oct 18, 2012 at 9:53 PM ]

• dugo
  • Veteran
How about we stop wrecking the game day thread and you guys take it in the alex smith thread.

THIS
People went crazy on the "Randy Moss was wide open," play where Alex threw the pick (even Gore was pointing!) after Mayock went so heavy on it, but every angle I've looked at he was under duress, had no window, and there was no easy pass to him. I'd have preferred he just throw it away, run, or take a sack, but he was trying to be aggressive rather than passive, a criticism people constantly pepper him with.

Alex probably thought when he was pointing to Moss that he was calling for the ball. Probably an excuse but really a guy with his arms up 99,999/100,000 is calling the ball.

Alexcuses!

You STFU and stop riding Alex's sack! Grow a pair and tell it like it is! AS is weak sauce! You can only baby him for so long, 7 YEARS is enough!!

For some reason I find this totally freak'n funny. I don't know why. Smith can do this to people. LOL!

Alexcuses!

Bye bye

Alexcuses!

The QB of the top team in the top division. He led the team to our best offensive output in franchise history a couple of weeks ago and is a top 10 QB by stats this season. He may not be Joe Montana, but he's a winner.

You don't know when to quit and I hope you're ned.
Hard to get in a word around here but i will try.

Like I said earlier (before the game) the 49ers are good at taking what teams give us. They started taking the check-downs, they just kept taking 4 yards a carry and it eventually led to some big runs.

We knew it was going to be physical, we over came dumb penalties and suspect officiating.

I think Alex Smith played poorly. He didn't find Vernon Davis, I don't know if the Seahawks just decided to take him out (if so then that is fine). My only real concern was that INT by Alex Smith, I don't get it...

STOP TAKING SMITH OUT FOR KAP... PERIOD
Share 49ersWebzone