There are 200 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 6)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
we missed manningham dearly. he's our best WR.

we dont get him the ball enough in my opinion
Originally posted by BillWalsh:
I dont even know if you can onside kick a safety punt.

Rule 6, Article 4c.

A player of the kicking team may legally touch, catch, or recover the ball if:

(i) it first touches a receiving team player; or

(ii) it reaches or crosses the receiving team's restraining line.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/9_2012_Free_Kicks.pdf

You can recover a free kick, Ive seen it, not often, but it does happen.
Originally posted by mug0mug:
Originally posted by pitseleh:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
People went crazy on the "Randy Moss was wide open," play where Alex threw the pick (even Gore was pointing!) after Mayock went so heavy on it, but every angle I've looked at he was under duress, had no window, and there was no easy pass to him. I'd have preferred he just throw it away, run, or take a sack, but he was trying to be aggressive rather than passive, a criticism people constantly pepper him with.

Alex probably thought when he was pointing to Moss that he was calling for the ball. Probably an excuse but really a guy with his arms up 99,999/100,000 is calling the ball.

Who knows, maybe Gore's pointing lead the defender to cut off the pass?

Yea, possibly. It was the guy covering Gore that broke off for the pick. I don't want to blame Gore or anything, but pointing to another receiver will likely encourage the defender to break off covering you (maybe a new trick signal to call for the ball! ).

That would be hilarious to see a team do that and work!
I agree with relying on Smith to pass has not produced, but Smith's first two games were great as we did not abandon the run game. We somehow forced ourselves to be one dimensional in the two losses. I say we forced ourselves because we came out passing, they took the lead, and then we had to rely on the passing game when we were behind. We play the best when we come out running and able to stay 2 dimensional. He doesnt need everything to be perfect but needs the D to stay honest to both parts of the offense

Rely on AS to pass makes the offense 1 dimensional and that's what the AS critics want. They want him to fail. Running the ball only balance the offense out and keep the defense honest and defending the run and the pass. Inserting CK does nothing now, cause every team has tape on him and it disruption AS and the offense.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
Originally posted by Wrathman:
People went crazy on the "Randy Moss was wide open," play where Alex threw the pick (even Gore was pointing!) after Mayock went so heavy on it, but every angle I've looked at he was under duress, had no window, and there was no easy pass to him. I'd have preferred he just throw it away, run, or take a sack, but he was trying to be aggressive rather than passive, a criticism people constantly pepper him with.

Alex probably thought when he was pointing to Moss that he was calling for the ball. Probably an excuse but really a guy with his arms up 99,999/100,000 is calling the ball.

Who knows, maybe Gore's pointing lead the defender to cut off the pass?

Alexcuses!

That's old and played...come up with something new or stfu please.

Wrath, emotional response or not, now you are pushing the envelope. GB, don't get dragged into anything.

Folks, I can sum up Alex's performance, as I already did in the Alex thread, as such, "meh." Meh hurts him more than it helps him. But a win is a win.
Originally posted by fropwns:
Posters have a right to their opinions, but stuff like this
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Smith is inept just admit it, it's ok

doesn't cut it and is designed to provoke a response. If you dislike the dude, make a compelling argument and not a short response. You may not see it as a problem, but it creates them for other posters who will feel the need to respond.

thank you sir, well said.
Not sure if Moss and/or Ginn will be gone next year but I definitely want another WR in the draft next year. Not having Manningham hurt but I think we need another good tall big red zone threat. That or let Walker go and get a gronk type of TE. Also, I think the pass rush OLB or DE needs to be addressed. We definitely have a lot to improve on.

They have Jenkins, but they need to put him in and see what he's got.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by diablo:

this fkn offense is schitzo. One week, they're spreading the ball like the pats. The next, only 2 WR's will touch the ball. And where the f**k has VD been??? How does he go from being our main weapon to not even getting any looks? I'm sure teams have been gameplanning against him for years. Why the sudden drop off when we have more talent around him? don't make a no sense.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Soapbox : Take it from an x-gambler, if you have a team and follow them closely you'll know one day they can't win or cover the spread. On that day you bet against "your team" and probably win. From that time onward your favorite team becomes George Washington, Abraham Lincoln and the Benjamin's. Before you start shouting, I'm talking about the guy that bets all the time, not the office pool or the Super Bowl yearly bettor.

I absolutely would've bet the under at 7.5 or 8 if I were determined to make a bet, but I had faith we'd win the game. I fully expected it to be a tense, low scoring, defensive battle.

As it was, I found a smaller bet for a no odds winner and made my few bucks.
Ginn just showed me in this game that we missed his speed on the return game. He has a few very good return for us in this game when he got some blocking in front of him. His speed is just unmatched. His running around wasting time before he decides to take a lane still pisses me off.

But very glad Teddy is back on the return

• dugo
  • Veteran
Anything on Gore yet? Gore put the team on his back..and ppl say he's lost a step..
Originally posted by DirtyP:
2. The passing game had no rythm to disrupt.
3. How does CK running with the ball disrupt the passing game?

AS march the offense to the red zone, inserting CK for that 1 snap stop the rhythm of the drive and mess with AS's head, furthermore CK took a huge hit as the backup and 1 yd loss and a waste of down since everyone has tape on his limited plays. CK is useless and a waste of time.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Soapbox : Take it from an x-gambler, if you have a team and follow them closely you'll know one day they can't win or cover the spread. On that day you bet against "your team" and probably win. From that time onward your favorite team becomes George Washington, Abraham Lincoln and the Benjamin's. Before you start shouting, I'm talking about the guy that bets all the time, not the office pool or the Super Bowl yearly bettor.

I absolutely would've bet the under at 7.5 or 8 if I were determined to make a bet, but I had faith we'd win the game. I fully expected it to be a tense, low scoring, defensive battle.

As it was, I found a smaller bet for a no odds winner and made my few bucks.

It also doesnt help that the game was on a Thursday, if it was on a Sunday i would take the niners at 8
Originally posted by diablo:

this fkn offense is schitzo. One week, they're spreading the ball like the pats. The next, only 2 WR's will touch the ball. And where the f**k has VD been??? How does he go from being our main weapon to not even getting any looks? I'm sure teams have been gameplanning against him for years. Why the sudden drop off when we have more talent around him? don't make a no sense.

I agree. I hate the carousel at WR. Get the ball to Mario in space and to VD. Use Crabtree as we have been. He is becoming an excellent possession Wr.

Also, if Jacobs wasnt going to even sniff the field, why didnt we just dress AJ Jenkins?
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
Not good enough ANY way you look at it? We won the game, that's how I look at it.

Ok. We won the game with terrible QB play. Hats off to the defense, offensive line and RBs. Alex better step his game up because he doesn't look much better than R Wilson right now

WE GET IT!!!
Share 49ersWebzone