There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

After the first 4 games...

Originally posted by oldman9er:
Biggest is zone blocking with the OL. Protect your gaps above all.. help your OL buddy only if they are in bad trouble and you are free to do so...

Don't assume Staley can pass block on an island. Have backs chip block to help.. more block and releases for the backs.

OL play through the whistle.

Extra JUGS practice for our WRs.

Have our CBs practice press coverage (and even a bit of holding down the field) vs our WRs. Lots of deep routes for Alex and WRs to get in sync.

Teach all of our guys (particularly backs) to learn to cut block more efficiently.

Practice the f**k out of defending screens and reverse short flat passes vs quick RBs and WRs. I worry about Spiller and Jackson hurting us with this on Sunday.

Give Bowman some reps on the JUGS machine also.

Teach Tuku better on not false starting, and teach Miller to better locate someone to block as he leads the way.

Teach Alex to throw the ball out of bounds instead of taking a nasty shot when there is no target open. And let's get a bit more pump-fakes involved, Alex.

Show Goodwin the plays where he gets lazy and half-assed on his blocks... tell him he is not immune to being replaced.

Wow, I don't know if you missed a single thing! Nice work...really!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Biggest is zone blocking with the OL. Protect your gaps above all.. help your OL buddy only if they are in bad trouble and you are free to do so...

Don't assume Staley can pass block on an island. Have backs chip block to help.. more block and releases for the backs.

OL play through the whistle.

Extra JUGS practice for our WRs.

Have our CBs practice press coverage (and even a bit of holding down the field) vs our WRs. Lots of deep routes for Alex and WRs to get in sync.

Teach all of our guys (particularly backs) to learn to cut block more efficiently.

Practice the f**k out of defending screens and reverse short flat passes vs quick RBs and WRs. I worry about Spiller and Jackson hurting us with this on Sunday.

Give Bowman some reps on the JUGS machine also.

Teach Tuku better on not false starting, and teach Miller to better locate someone to block as he leads the way.

Teach Alex to throw the ball out of bounds instead of taking a nasty shot when there is no target open. And let's get a bit more pump-fakes involved, Alex.

Show Goodwin the plays where he gets lazy and half-assed on his blocks... tell him he is not immune to being replaced.

Wow, I don't know if you missed a single thing! Nice work...really!

Hey, when it comes to our Niners, I haz an obsessed.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Biggest is zone blocking with the OL. Protect your gaps above all.. help your OL buddy only if they are in bad trouble and you are free to do so...

Don't assume Staley can pass block on an island. Have backs chip block to help.. more block and releases for the backs.

OL play through the whistle.

Extra JUGS practice for our WRs.

Have our CBs practice press coverage (and even a bit of holding down the field) vs our WRs. Lots of deep routes for Alex and WRs to get in sync.

Teach all of our guys (particularly backs) to learn to cut block more efficiently.

Practice the f**k out of defending screens and reverse short flat passes vs quick RBs and WRs. I worry about Spiller and Jackson hurting us with this on Sunday.

Give Bowman some reps on the JUGS machine also.

Teach Tuku better on not false starting, and teach Miller to better locate someone to block as he leads the way.

Teach Alex to throw the ball out of bounds instead of taking a nasty shot when there is no target open. And let's get a bit more pump-fakes involved, Alex.

Show Goodwin the plays where he gets lazy and half-assed on his blocks... tell him he is not immune to being replaced.

Sounds like you should be running the team instead of some idiot head coach that went to the NFCCG his rookie year with a 13-3 record. At least send him an email so he doesn't make a fool of himself...
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Bring back Sing as a red zone O coach because we were really good in the red zone with Sing

It was Raye.
Last Sunday was NOT a big win. We were supposed to win. 3rd down efficiency SUX....again. This is why we couldn't get past the giants in the biggest game in over a decade!. Our RZ is also in need of work. We cannot run over all the teams with 200+ yards. Get real JH. Ball control, yes but with more efficient passing. It was nice to see Cap in, but I am not a believer just yet. Can he pass accurately for over 30 yards? Yes, he can run. No kidding? But can he pass with accuracy? We don't know yet. Smith is what he is, but for now he is all we have (unfortunately). I expected huge improvements from this kid this year, and I have not seen it. I am done making excuses for this kid. A. Smith is an average QB, at best and was exposed at the vikings game and again at the jets. Yes we won, but not on A.Smith's QB abilities. Our Beloved team is on the brink of another repeat, but not with Alex, and the window closes quickly. We cannot afford to keep the entire team together next season, and certainly not even close the year after. We need to win NOW, and we must have a QB better than A. Smith if we are to expect to get there.
  • COD4
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1
I believe we are not getting the same pass rush with 4 lineman as we got last year....im part i think justin is a year older, and aldon is playing all downs and maybe is more fatigued when it comes to 3rd down. Ive noticed Fangio blitzing more in order to get pressure so far...
The main thing is continuing to develop report with the wide outs. I really liked what we saw from Manningham and Smith last week. They connected on much more than we have seen yet and nearly connected on a few others. If we keep playing smart hopefully we'll get some explosion from the down field game when it counts. I bet we keep it conservative vs. Buffalo and break out some bigger stuff for New York.

I would really love to see some more of the running game we had going vs. the Jets though. I loved the myriad of ways we were running the ball to get yards. If we can continue to keep teams off balance with our lord knows where the run is coming from approach it will help the passing game and it will help keep Eli off the field in a couple of weeks and slow down the Seahawks and Cardinals pass rushes after that.

So bottom line. I'd like to see some measured and incremental improvement in the passing game but the run is going to be our best friend during the 4 game grind we are about to start after Buffalo. Hopefully fitzpatrick is generous to us and hopefully Jay Cutler will bring a box of football shaped chocolate for our defense on either side of things.
I thought they would have more than 1 TD to the wr's after four weeks with all the additions they made during the off season. More red zone work for sure.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Oct 3, 2012 at 7:58 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ers_4ever:
Last Sunday was NOT a big win. We were supposed to win. 3rd down efficiency SUX....again. This is why we couldn't get past the giants in the biggest game in over a decade!. Our RZ is also in need of work. We cannot run over all the teams with 200+ yards. Get real JH. Ball control, yes but with more efficient passing. It was nice to see Cap in, but I am not a believer just yet. Can he pass accurately for over 30 yards? Yes, he can run. No kidding? But can he pass with accuracy? We don't know yet. Smith is what he is, but for now he is all we have (unfortunately). I expected huge improvements from this kid this year, and I have not seen it. I am done making excuses for this kid. A. Smith is an average QB, at best and was exposed at the vikings game and again at the jets. Yes we won, but not on A.Smith's QB abilities. Our Beloved team is on the brink of another repeat, but not with Alex, and the window closes quickly. We cannot afford to keep the entire team together next season, and certainly not even close the year after. We need to win NOW, and we must have a QB better than A. Smith if we are to expect to get there.

Nvm thats your opinion and your entitled to it.
[ Edited by LoneWolf on Oct 3, 2012 at 8:03 PM ]
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
I thought they would have more than 1 TD to the wr's after four weeks with all the additions they made during the off season. More red zone work for sure.

Its still better then the way its been in the past, where almost all td passes are to Gore.



I dont get it first people wanted more tds through the air, they get that request now they want em to specific players?
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
I thought they would have more than 1 TD to the wr's after four weeks with all the additions they made during the off season. More red zone work for sure.

Yeah, that's been a little disappointing. I can't think of a good reason for not having more. The problem has been a little of everything. Smith, conservative play calling when we got close, drops, penalties. I think I want to blame Akers for being so good. And if they keep calling Kaep's number down there and he makes good -- I want to blame the Kaeper too
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 3, 2012 at 8:05 PM ]
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Nvm thats your opinion and your entitled to it.

Good move I created this thread to get opinions without contradiction or even getting flamed. Thanks
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Good move I created this thread to get opinions without contradiction or even getting flamed. Thanks

Yeah but you know this forum, alot of fans arent very big on singling out players. But no problem,
[ Edited by LoneWolf on Oct 3, 2012 at 8:13 PM ]
Would like to see more wr hit 'in-stride' to allow more yards after catch. Also throwing the ball past the sticks on third down.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Biggest is zone blocking with the OL. Protect your gaps above all.. help your OL buddy only if they are in bad trouble and you are free to do so...

Don't assume Staley can pass block on an island. Have backs chip block to help.. more block and releases for the backs.

OL play through the whistle.

Extra JUGS practice for our WRs.

Have our CBs practice press coverage (and even a bit of holding down the field) vs our WRs. Lots of deep routes for Alex and WRs to get in sync.

Teach all of our guys (particularly backs) to learn to cut block more efficiently.

Practice the f**k out of defending screens and reverse short flat passes vs quick RBs and WRs. I worry about Spiller and Jackson hurting us with this on Sunday.

Give Bowman some reps on the JUGS machine also.

Teach Tuku better on not false starting, and teach Miller to better locate someone to block as he leads the way.

Teach Alex to throw the ball out of bounds instead of taking a nasty shot when there is no target open. And let's get a bit more pump-fakes involved, Alex.

Show Goodwin the plays where he gets lazy and half-assed on his blocks... tell him he is not immune to being replaced.

Wow, I don't know if you missed a single thing! Nice work...really!

Hey, when it comes to our Niners, I haz an obsessed.

Sounds like we need another training camp
...