LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 325 users in the forums

Who was your favorite RB out of these former 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who was your favorite RB out of these former 49ers

Its funny to see how over time people don't really know because they weren't there.

Hearst was a heck of a running back.

Craig was a nightmare.

Ask Madden, Walsh wasn't the only one who talked about it.
Roger Craig - hands down. Most complete back ever. Runs through you, around you, catches passes, blocks. Awesome.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Hearst, despite the lack of rings, has a special place in my heart. Love that guy.

Opening day 1998, vs. the Jets at the Stick. first play of OT...96 yd run. He went on to have the best season by any 49er RB in that season.
[ Edited by kray28 on Oct 3, 2012 at 11:21 AM ]
Garrison Hearst for me. Too young to watch Roger do his thing and Hearst was always one of my fav players to watch as a kid.
Originally posted by loxdoggie:
Roger Craig - hands down. Most complete back ever. Runs through you, around you, catches passes, blocks. Awesome.
I've seen Craig, Waters and Hearst play and it's got to be Craig all the way. He will probably never get the HOF but he was an amazing player.
You forgot a few old school Niners in Delvin Williams, Paul Hofer, and Bill Ring........

Roger Craig still my favorite. Complete back and a gamer.
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Oct 3, 2012 at 3:52 PM ]
Roger.

You didn't even need another name in this poll. I liked Hearst as well, but he doesn't begin to compare to the intangibles that Roger brought to the table. A dual threat out of the backfield... a team leader and Joe Montana's go to guy. I grew up watching Roger Craig and he will always hold a special place in my heart!
hearst was my favorite growing up but ricky was the man as well
how could you not go with roger craig he was the glue that held the historic Bill Walsh offense together
Craig. Had a lot of good memories when that guy was around (if you can forget the fumble). Hearst at close second; I loved watching that guy play. Waters and Floyd both took the money and ran (even after we kept Floyd for a whole season while he rehabbed). Loved them both when they were here, but they died to me when they split.

• Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Originally posted by loxdoggie:
I've seen Craig, Waters and Hearst play and it's got to be Craig all the way. He will probably never get the HOF but he was an amazing player.

Roger is my favorite 49er of all time, with Joe a close 2nd. Best memories of my 49er memories came from Roger, Joe, Jerry & Ronnie
  • Chico
  • Veteran
and please take Barlow off of that list! He deserves to be on that list as much as Dexter Carter, Glen Coffee & Terrence Flaglar!!!
[ Edited by Chico on Oct 3, 2012 at 12:19 PM ]
For me it was a tie between Craig and Hearst, one can only imagine what Hearst' career would look like had he never been hurt.
high knee step
Hearst. Dude was a baller when healthy...if only he didn't injure his ankle. :-/
Share 49ersWebzone