There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who was your favorite 9er who never panned out?

Sanjay Beach, just for the name!
Josh Morgan
lloyd --- had the skillset (and hands) to be a decent WR --- just happened to be stuck on some bad 49ers teams.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

Great name! Not sure he should have been a football player though...volleyball? Golf?
How does a favorite 49er not pan out?

Wouldn't he be your favorite since he panned out?
Crabtree

I really thought this guy was going to light up the league and give us that threat we haven't had since T.O. He's a decent player, but he's not the superstar I envisioned when we took him at #10
Back in the day, Amp Lee . . . I loved him at Florida State and thought he'd be a very good NFL player.
jt o'sulllivan tim rattay cody pickett
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for Nuns.
Taylor Mays: With that kind of physical talent I thought good coaching would result in a great football player. Didn't even hang around to play special teams.
Originally posted by Nuns:
Taylor Mays: With that kind of physical talent I thought good coaching would result in a great football player. Didn't even hang around to play special teams.

i thought we stole him in the 2nd round...turns out singletary was a retard lol
Reggie McGrew ....We needed this guy to fill the void after BY and Stubby retired , and to think we wasted a first round pick on this guy

Jim Druckenmiller ....when you spend a first round pick on a QB , he better be good ...nobody listened to Walsh , who wanted Jake Plummer
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

Great name! Not sure he should have been a football player though...volleyball? Golf?

I heard his first name meant "sunny" in Hindi!

Not really a favorite of mine, but was there a bigger 1st round bust than Rashaun Woods? Honorable mention to Mike Rumph.
Lawrence Phillips
Eric Davis - Wanted him to stay
Taylor Mays
John Engleburger/ Jim Drunkenmiller
RW McQuarters
Originally posted by Noirwar:
Lawrence Phillips
Eric Davis - Wanted him to stay
Taylor Mays
John Engleburger/ Jim Drunkenmiller
RW McQuarters

Eric Davis did pan out. He was a good player.