There are 162 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS BUFFALO BILLS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 5)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/10/trick-or-treat-roman-avoids-talking-about-a-certain-play.html

yeah, those guys put up the link and put what roman said. hopefully we save it for a time when we really need it. And if the D catches it smith can audible to run, if not then go for it. If they have to burn a timeout because of it than it's good too.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 4, 2012 at 4:07 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Since the Jets post game one is closed I figured I would post this here. It was brought up on the 9ers.com board but did anyone notice this during the game? I re-watched the game and still missed it. Go to 46:00... watch them break the huddle, watch the bottom of the screen and watch alex take a peak to his left a few times... see if you notice what he was looking at? Then once you figure it out watch kyle williams reaction on the sidelines.

I didnt see this during the game but while re-watching it I was freaking out like F**K!!!!!!!!!! imagine if they had gotten that play off!
Originally posted by sfout:
I didnt see this during the game but while re-watching it I was freaking out like F**K!!!!!!!!!! imagine if they had gotten that play off!

Could have given Kap 2 rushing tds (if he doesn't slide) and a receiving td... would have blew up the servers and ended the webzone as we know it

and I would have been interested to see if alex and kap could connect. not an easy throw and catch... those wide open ones some times are the hardest
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 4, 2012 at 4:12 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:

Could have given Kap 2 rushing tds (if he doesn't kneel) and a receiving td... would have blew up the servers and ended the webzone as we know it

and I would have been interested to see if alex and kap could connect. not an easy throw and catch... those wide open ones some times are the hardest

Yep and in an even more perfect world imagine if Moss had caught CK's pass. The webzone would've gone nuclear.
posted this on the other board but... Makes me think when they do it again they could be sneaky about it... ok so kap is in at qb... alex is on the sidelines...after a kap play alex comes back in as say a wr comes back out...(otherwise would be 12 guys - 11 + alex) kap slowly heads to the sidelines while alex huddles quickly... line the guys up and see if the team notices kap has still not trotted off the field. no wrs to the left to not draw any attention to kap on that side.. the wr who was suppose to be on the left would have come out as alex came on . I think that would be legal, you don't need 11 men in the huddle If it works go for it, if they see it and put someone on him alex audibles to run... if they have to burn a timeout than that's good too
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 4, 2012 at 4:18 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
posted this on the other board but... Makes me think when they do it again they could be sneaky about it... ok so kap is in at qb... alex is on the sidelines...after a kap play alex comes back in as say a wr comes back out...(otherwise would be 12 guys - 11 + alex) kap slowly heads to the sidelines while alex huddles quickly... line the guys up and see if the jets just let kap go thinking he is headed off the field. I think that would be legal, you don't need 11 men in the huddle If it works go for it, if they see it and put someone on him alex audibles to run... if they have to burn a timeout than that's good too

we'll try it again. its a 2 play process every time.

The sleeper FG against the rams last year the play was ran to the opposite side of the field from Crabtree and he just stood there through the whole play and when they sent the ST team out the rams were too focused on blocking the kick to look across the field.

Same as the Jets game, Kaepernick ran an option play towards the opposite sideline and the second the ball left his hand he just watch to make sure Gore got tackled and didnt fumble. Once Gore hit the ground he just walked toward the sideline and waited. We'll probably try it again in a few games.
also, the other thing I wonder... alex looked to the right after the snap/timeout on purpose i think... kap took off running but was that a decoy. I think the best bet would have been for him to stay where he was at and have alex lob it out there and have kap use his speed for a td. Why risk a long bomb? Might be a greater chance of scoring but it's much riskier connecting... throw is tougher, kap has to adjust to ball and catch over the shoulder...
  • sfout
  • Veteran
also, the other thing I wonder... alex looked to the right after the snap/timeout on purpose i think... kap took off running but was that a decoy. I think the best bet would have been for him to stay where he was at and have alex lob it out there and have kap use his speed for a td. Why risk a long bomb? Might be a greater chance of scoring but it's much riskier connecting... throw is tougher, kap has to adjust to ball and catch over the shoulder...

Think it would've been a quick slant. Kaep jogged in a similar angle to a slant after the timeout. probably have been a 1 step throw kind of play.
same thing they did against the Rams in week 17, crabtree jogged out wide and looked like he was going to leave the field.
yeah smith messed that up. did you notice in the game however, i dont know if its in this video but on one of his infamous roll outs he actually stops and looks at the opposite side of the field and although doesnt throw it, i thought it was cool, probably thanks to harbaugh.. ps gotta love the variety in the first half

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
he'll be in there for a handful of plays but hes not starting. u dont pull a winning qb

Correct, you don't pull a winning QB, but you do insert a QB like Kaep within the 10 yardline especially if he makes it look so easy. I want to see Kaep and Jacobs within the 5 yardline redzone.
Originally posted by 49amane:
yeah smith messed that up. did you notice in the game however, i dont know if its in this video but on one of his infamous roll outs he actually stops and looks at the opposite side of the field and although doesnt throw it, i thought it was cool, probably thanks to harbaugh.. ps gotta love the variety in the first half

You may be talking about a play last week? If so, it was a designed rollout screen to the other side of the field.

2nd quarter...

Timeout #2 by NYJ at 03:45.
2nd and 11 at SF 22 (Shotgun) A.Smith pass short right to M.Crabtree to SF 25 for 3 yards (B.Scott).
designed rollout right... Alex wanted Walker far left side on a screen, but Walker didn't make himself a target quickly enough and was well covered by WOLB anyway.. so Alex looks back right and quickly fires pass with Gore losing the battle vs SOLB rushing in..
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I think it will be closer than people think. 27-21 is my guess
Originally posted by oldman9er:
You may be talking about a play last week? If so, it was a designed rollout screen to the other side of the field.

2nd quarter...

Timeout #2 by NYJ at 03:45.
2nd and 11 at SF 22 (Shotgun) A.Smith pass short right to M.Crabtree to SF 25 for 3 yards (B.Scott).
designed rollout right... Alex wanted Walker far left side on a screen, but Walker didn't make himself a target quickly enough and was well covered by WOLB anyway.. so Alex looks back right and quickly fires pass with Gore losing the battle vs SOLB rushing in..

I remember saying before the game we should be running more of those with VD. Get everybody to the right and have VD fake block and then sneak to the other side of the field. It usually gets him pretty open. In this case it was Walker but you could tell they had it covered. Keeps the defense thinking at least. I like those plays.
I expect our defense to return home with a very prideful effort and a strong showing at the stick. We should keep the Bills under three scores if we can stay on the field offensively
Share 49ersWebzone