There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Where the hell are James and Jenkins

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Both have been listed as inactive again, today.

we barely use the wr's that are already active

so i understand jenkins

our 3rd barely gets in the game

so I understand james
AJ has been beefing up while inactive.

[ Edited by paperplanemedia on Oct 4, 2012 at 1:45 PM ]
http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/Play-time-issues-for-Moss-Jacobs-and-top?blockID=783787&feedID=2800

WR A.J. Jenkins: When the 49ers selected Jenkins with the No. 30 overall selection, it was apparent he was joining a position group that was not a short-term need for the 49ers. So consider this a redshirt season for Jenkins.

The 49ers selected the player they had rated as the best-available at that spot in the draft. If the 49ers remain healthy at wide receiver, he probably will not step on the field at all as a rookie.Does that make this a bad draft pick? No. There's not a player the 49ers could've chosen late in the first round that would be a significant contributor as a rookie. Sure, another player chosen at another position could've gotten on the field from time to time. But the 49ers believed Jenkins was the best long-term player available.

We shall see But we're probably not going to see anything from Jenkins for at least another year.

RB LaMichael James: Joining a position group that already included Gore, Hunter and Jacobs, it is difficult to figure out a way for LaMichael James to make an immediate impact, too.Hunter is built more like an every-down back. James has "change of pace" written all over him. Ultimately, he might be able to make an impact in the return game. But he's not there, yet.

Neither James nor Jenkins contributes on the coverage units on special teams, so there's no way the 49ers can fit them onto the 46-man game day roster.

In the meantime, James and Jenkins have a role at practices during the week. They help prepare the 49ers' defense for what they're going to face against the upcoming opponent. Jenkins mimics the opposition's top receiver, while James this week will line up as Bills running back C.J. Spillman Spiller.

This is what Harbaugh said Wednesday in reference to James and Jenkins:

"Getting ready, learning, being there when they're called upon. I felt that it's been good. All those young guys, again, I know they want to play, and I think they're demonstrating that on the field that they want that. Nobody's hiding. Nobody's trying not to be seen out there on the practice field. They're jumping in there and they're working extremely hard. And that's good. That's what you want. Just try to emphasize it, you'd rather be prepared and not be called upon than be called upon and not be prepared."
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:

When was this taken? because yes for the angles he does look a bit bigger but I thought he hadn't seen the field at all so this would have to be from pregame for the 1 game he dressed
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:

When was this taken? because yes for the angles he does look a bit bigger but I thought he hadn't seen the field at all so this would have to be from pregame for the 1 game he dressed

http://losthatsportsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/braylon-edwards-49ers.jpg
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wodwo:
http://losthatsportsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/braylon-edwards-49ers.jpg

LOL! I was going to say it looked a tiny Braylon! I fell for it.
They gotta be hungry as fuuuuuuuk... Can't wait till harbs unleashes these two, its gonna be fn to watch.
Originally posted by b9er37:
They gotta be hungry as fuuuuuuuk... Can't wait till harbs unleashes these two, its gonna be fn to watch.

Wont be surprised to see LMJ next to CK in the wildcat at some point.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

?

The wildcat doesn't use a QB
Originally posted by jreff22:

?

Thank you. Been saying this for a while. Kaepernick doesnt run the wildcat. He's a quarterback.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Wodwo:

LOL! I was going to say it looked a tiny Braylon! I fell for it.

Not sure if srs. That's clearly Dominique Zeigler.
I'm thinking we are 3 - 1 and just won 34 - 0 on the road. So I don't care where they are... Jenkins is not going to play much in this crowded WR corps.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by jreff22:

?

Thank you. Been saying this for a while. Kaepernick doesnt run the wildcat. He's a quarterback.
With Kap or Alex in it becomes a read option...more so with Kap but Alex can and has run it.
[ Edited by jreff22 on Oct 5, 2012 at 11:30 AM ]
I love this discussion -- WE ARE RED-SHIRTING JAMES AND JENKINS! We are so stacked at WR and RB that there is no justifiable argument for them to play...

I mean, I * could* argue to put Jenkins in for Ginn with the way KR is returning punts and kicks, but that's about it. And even with that, is he going to get any snaps? no, not really...you're better off keeping Ginn active for gadget plays and return duties should KW get hurt.

James and Jenkins will be hitting the weights and bulking up this season, that's the plan -- its a known problem for Jenkins and is part of the reason why he was a late-1st/early 2nd round pick -- the dude has an under-developed upper body (partly because he had some hand injuries that prevented him from lifting in the summer of '11).

In 2013, I assume that Jacobs, Moss, and Ginn are all playing somewhere else. Jenkins and James move up.
Worst draft picks evar.

Even Kentwan Balmer was dressed for games.