There are 263 users in the forums

Where the hell are James and Jenkins

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm wondering if Baalke is waiting to see how this year goes..and if the offense is the weak link again...he is going to go for an offensive overhaul next season, personal wise. For Salary Cap reasons...and to use some of the younger guys.

Out goes certain Vets like Alex ($), Randy, Jacobs.... maybe Crabtree gets traded? (I'd like for him to stick around, as well as Randy)

Gore gets reduced role?

Starters are Kaepernick, Hunter, Crabtree?/Manningham/Jenkins/Williams/Ginn

but James gets playing time...

we'll still be a running/ball control team...but with more rollouts, playaction, misdirection plays.

I really liked what I saw from Jenkins during the preseason... he was able to make tough catches, was able to get passed the secondary, and was able to get open in the endzone on a broken play....we also used him like Ginn, with that high school play we like to do.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 28, 2012 at 10:49 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It astonishes me that people are this impatient and ill informed. It takes 3 - 4 years to know what you have. I personally don't like the LMJ pick. But I think Jenkins will do well. He has a lot of veterans ahead of him and he is a rookie. He's not going to play right now. But at the end of preseason at least he showed speed and good hands and good route running. I'm sure if he has 1 drop people will throw a hissy fit. They will over analyze every little thing he does because they have already labeled him a bust. So they will try to make it a self fullfilling prophesy.

this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It astonishes me that people are this impatient and ill informed. It takes 3 - 4 years to know what you have. I personally don't like the LMJ pick. But I think Jenkins will do well. He has a lot of veterans ahead of him and he is a rookie. He's not going to play right now. But at the end of preseason at least he showed speed and good hands and good route running. I'm sure if he has 1 drop people will throw a hissy fit. They will over analyze every little thing he does because they have already labeled him a bust. So they will try to make it a self fullfilling prophesy.

this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
agree. i do not mind jenkins though maybe hill would have been better,,, now the second round pick should have went to a linebacker or defensive end who can rush the passer. we waited to late to address this area of need
Youngstown Ohio
Man, Afrikan, I sure hope you are wrong....you got the heart of our team there...well, part of it anyway. I still say, AJ is not yet ready, and LiMic was drafted as a situational , Sproles or Reggie Bush type , 3rd down player....where he gets a lateral or pass on 3rd down and then the D has to tackle him...not an easy task, esp 1 on 1. I just think we need to be patient and we will see what the two chessplayers, Baalke and Coach , really have in mind. Know this: they didn't draft #1 and #2 on a lark. They have a very definite use for both. They are two guys who do NOT make blind azz picks. AJ needs more time to acclimate to the NFL like another WR we had from Mississippi Valley State, who also dropped a bunch of balls the first half of season one....and that didn't work out too bad....did it? As for LaMic he isn't ready either in that he fumbled a lot of punts in TC, something he didn't do in college. This IS the BIGS, after all. They both will work out just fine. We need more patience...all of us.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I'm wondering if Baalke is waiting to see how this year goes..and if the offense is the weak link again...he is going to go for an offensive overhaul next season, personal wise. For Salary Cap reasons...and to use some of the younger guys.

Out goes certain Vets like Alex ($), Randy, Jacobs.... maybe Crabtree gets traded? (I'd like for him to stick around, as well as Randy)

Gore gets reduced role?

we'll still be a running/ball control team...but with more rollouts, playaction, misdirection plays.

I really liked what I saw from Jenkins during the preseason... he was able to make tough catches, was able to get passed the secondary, and was able to get open in the endzone on a broken play....we also used him like Ginn, with that high school play we like to do.
not sure if serious.

why would you totally destroy the offense a year after the NFCC? as long as we are competitive in our division there is absolutely NO way we are cleaning out the team for money.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Man, Afrikan, I sure hope you are wrong....you got the heart of our team there...well, part of it anyway. I still say, AJ is not yet ready, and LiMic was drafted as a situational , Sproles or Reggie Bush type , 3rd down player....where he gets a lateral or pass on 3rd down and then the D has to tackle him...not an easy task, esp 1 on 1. I just think we need to be patient and we will see what the two chessplayers, Baalke and Coach , really have in mind. Know this: they didn't draft #1 and #2 on a lark. They have a very definite use for both. They are two guys who do NOT make blind azz picks. AJ needs more time to acclimate to the NFL like another WR we had from Mississippi Valley State, who also dropped a bunch of balls the first half of season one....and that didn't work out too bad....did it? As for LaMic he isn't ready either in that he fumbled a lot of punts in TC, something he didn't do in college. This IS the BIGS, after all. They both will work out just fine. We need more patience...all of us.

AJ isn't going to have to worry about dropping balls the first half of this season..... He won't see any playing time unless we loose 2 or 3 recievers due to injury...You know being so deep at that position and all....
Originally posted by jreff22:
He isn't a burner. 4.59 is not raw speed.

Brandon Lloyd ran in the 4.5 to 4.6's as well and he leads the league in 20 yard catches over the past 3 years.

I think Manningham and Lloyd are pretty comparable receivers.
Originally posted by denali22:
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Gore gets reduced role?

not sure if serious.

why would you totally destroy the offense a year after the NFCC? as long as we are competitive in our division there is absolutely NO way we are cleaning out the team for money.

Just made a horrible discovery. Afrikan is TDon!
We barely use our starting recievers, why would we expect AJ to get any playing time? As much as I love our diverse run game, I hate our passing attack.

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by jreff22:
He isn't a burner. 4.59 is not raw speed.

Brandon Lloyd ran in the 4.5 to 4.6's as well and he leads the league in 20 yard catches over the past 3 years.

I think Manningham and Lloyd are pretty comparable receivers.

I've said it over and over again....but YOU CAN BE A DEEP THREAT AND NOT BE A 4.3 40 RUNNER!

Bold and underlining should be sufficient to show it. Route running is more important then speed if you are a deep threat receiver. Secondly, any one can be a deep threat if the OL is half decent and provides the QB with enough time to let a route develop.
Originally posted by bigwads:
Baalke should have known these guys would not contribute. He should have traded our entire draft for higher picks next year. At least fleener would have made walker expendable next year. Now we have to draft a TE next year as well as draft new dlineman.

Oh no not that!! You mean we'll have to draft players like we do every year?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Baalke should have known these guys would not contribute. He should have traded our entire draft for higher picks next year. At least fleener would have made walker expendable next year. Now we have to draft a TE next year as well as draft new dlineman.

hahah!

Big, you do realize that there 3 better prospects then Fleener this year right and 2 of them are Stanford TEs, Ertz and Tiololo, plus Dion Sims from Michigan State.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by btthepunk:

hahah!

Big, you do realize that there 3 better prospects then Fleener this year right and 2 of them are Stanford TEs, Ertz and Tiololo, plus Dion Sims from Michigan State.

And Eifert, but he'll be gone way before we pick.
Both have been listed as inactive again, today.
Share 49ersWebzone