There are 179 users in the forums

Finally Time to Blame HARBAUGH !

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
I hate this team right now, still bitter about dropping a deuce the way we did against a team we should have beaten. If we get beaten by the Jets, then Im going to start panicking.

Wow you must have despised this team royally 2002-2010 if you hate them after a week 3 loss..... way to jump on the wagon when the going gets good.
One deficiency I see in Harbaugh. The insecurity he has with his gameplan.

In our first 2 drives, we were all over the Giants. Classic run setting up the pass. Even Fox put up a stat midway through the first quarter that we had close to 100 yards total offense compared to Giants 8.....thats right 8 !

So what happened ? Yes, Alex goofed. He threw a costly pick, and the Giants countered. But we were down 17-3 with plenty of time to go, and Harbaugh completely abandoned the gameplan. He put the game on Alex's shoulders (not his forte), and it cost us. This is the second time this season (MIN). When you have a potent running game, and the game is still not out of reach, why abandon your gameplan ?

There's no surprise that Alex has his limitations. Thats not a knock on him, but its obvious after 8 years that odds favor against him when he has to shoulder the load. All Harbaugh had to do was continue to attack on the ground, and let Alex play efficient on 3rd and short. Instead, he makes it a pass happy game combined with the wildcat option; it was quite disgusting to watch actually.

At least he has 2 games worth of film to review. I hope he realizes and acknowledges that when it comes to our offense, we have to rely heavily on Gore/Hunter, and leave it to Alex to fill in the blanks. Just doesnt work the other way around.
I agree with 100%. This is on JH and Roman. Why deviate from what works? The rest of the NFL is onto us, about running first to set up the pass. Both MIN and NYG used a similar plan against us, that is, take the lead, and then force us to pass, pass, and pass. We are not built to win that way. I would rather have lost 26-18 by kicking 5 more field goals and sticking with the plan. Then again, we can't rely on our ST anymore either.

What went wrong after the first two, beautiful drives? Why are you pulling the QB'S and getting cute when you don't have to? I can see a little "mixer" here and there, but it ain't cute against a real D is it?

For the love of Christ I hope Roman gets another gig after this year.

Fvcking idiot.
[ Edited by GoldandGarnet on Oct 14, 2012 at 8:16 PM ]
I'ld like to throw my red flag for review
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
I agree....STOP with the QB rotations. Don't need it!
Last years team would dominate this years. 80% because of coaching
Another thing I don't get is why Kyle Williams is our #1 option at KR and PR? He isn't better then Ginn. I get letting him have a few returns here and there, cuz you never know when he will have to spot for Ginn, but it is obvious that he is not a better returner then Ginn. If you aren't going to use Ginn as a returner (besides the Jet Sweep) why is he on the fvcking roster? Might as well let Jenkins get some reps at WR if Williams is your return guy. I don't get it.

Did you notice in the 4th Qtr Ginn was returning? Why in the 4th?
[ Edited by GoldandGarnet on Oct 14, 2012 at 8:26 PM ]
  • Apone
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoldandGarnet:
Another thing I don't get is why Kyle Williams is our #1 option at KR and PR? He isn't better then Ginn. I get letting him have a few returns here and there, cuz you never know when he will have to spot for Ginn, but it is obvious that he is not a better returner then Ginn. If you aren't going to use Ginn as a returner (besides the Jet Sweep) why is he on the fvcking roster? Might as well let Jenkins get some reps at WR if Williams is your return guy. I don't get it.

Did you notice in the 4th Qtr Ginn was returning? Why in the 4th?

A lot of things don't make sense. I agree Williams hasn't done s**t neither has Ginn, so why not see what James has. None of the drafts pick have been active this year. If you aren't going to use Jacobs, why not use that money to sign a special teams ace like Blake Constonza. Harbaough thought his s**t smelled better than everyone elses, reality check this isn't college let a lone the pack-12. And soon or later his over the top comments are going to run dry also, and his going to lose credibility and trust.
The In Completion challenge was comical
Originally posted by KEGster:
The In Completion challenge was comical

So bad.

Team loss...top to bottom. No one has no share in this.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Give. Frank. Gore. The. Ball.

He had no share in this loss.
Aside from preseason, never seen harbaugh coach a game with this much scatteror his teams appear this outmatched. Almost think he viewed the divisional matchup with SEA as more important and may have had the team work on that game instead. It is a more important game.
[ Edited by Joecool on Oct 14, 2012 at 11:28 PM ]
We needed to keep Gore fresh for Thursday. RBs take a pounding and stay sore for a few days. Don't think Gore would have lasted vs SEA if we loaded his plate today.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

This is what bad coaches tell talented players. "It's not any single persons fault it's the fault of all of us". I don't think Lombardi or Walsh would agree. Walsh would be tearing someones head off after a game like this. It might be a player or two or a coach. This loss is not on everyone. It's on only a few. And that's good because that means it can be fixed more easily.
Share 49ersWebzone