There are 192 users in the forums

NFC West....Should we be worried?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Overreaction in here for sure. It's week 3 and they have played 2 home games which they should win. Combined with an upset against the Patriots who still don't have a run game. We got upset today I dont think that necessarily says anything on minnesota. They won a game at home.

This is still the 49ers division to lose and I think they will still be a top 2 seed in the NFC.
I'm worried. The division is much improved.
Damn well better respect every team or you'll get your ass handed to you.
Yep, Cards are better than us right now. We really need to step it up to have a chance.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Yep, Cards are better than us right now. We really need to step it up to have a chance.

There will be two NFC West teams in the playoffs this year.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

There will be two NFC West teams in the playoffs this year.

If there are I hope we aren't the wildcard team, that is if we are one of the two ..
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Of course we should be worried, our team looked like s**t today and the other teams in the division are all playing improved. Is the sky falling, not yet.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Happens all the time don't forget the defending superbowl champs lost to the Seahawks and got swept by the Redskins last year and barely beat some bottom feeders. Too early.

But with the Giants you had a Pro Bowl QB who you could count on each week. I support Alex, but not sure you can consistently count on him each week. Maybe he still has alot to get comfortable with his deep throws, who knows.

Out of the 3 losses we had last year:
Dallas - We went on the road the following week and barely beat the Bengals 13-8
@ Baltimore - Went home the next week and dominated the Rams 26-0
@ Arizona - Went home the next week and dominated the Steelers 20-3

We've never encountered a loss on the road and going out again on the road the very next week. We always had the home crowd to lift the team up the next week. So the Niners will definitely be tested against the Jets.
[ Edited by Baldie on Sep 23, 2012 at 5:09 PM ]
Originally posted by SFrush:

Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

+1. Seattle and Arizona certainly have improved their defenses. We got a visit today from that imaginary over-confidence troll that Harbaugh was warning our 9er players of last year. Ugly loss, but, hopefully, we'll learn our lesson(s) from today. Poor Jets are gonna get an angry / embarrassed 49ers team next week...
Originally posted by Shanghai69er:

+1. Seattle and Arizona certainly have improved their defenses. We got a visit today from that imaginary over-confidence troll that Harbaugh was warning our 9er players of last year. Ugly loss, but, hopefully, we'll learn our lesson(s) from today. Poor Jets are gonna get an angry / embarrassed 49ers team next week...

And they won't have Revis.

Two things: our division is much better than last year and we are not as good as many think, especially the offense (what else is new?). This will not be a cakewalk.
Originally posted by Shanghai69er:

I agree but damn you think they would already have learned that lesson after losing to the Giants in the NFC championship. Looks like the only one who carried some fire from that game to week 3 is Kyle Williams. Unfortunately he can't do it on his own.
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
All I have to say is this, for everyone who wished the NFC West was better so it could get some respect, you got your wish. We have to learn from this loss and step it up.

Lol. Screw the division.
I agree, screw the division; however, it obviously improved and we can't take any game for granted. Any given Sunday.
By the looks of it we're gonna finish in third place.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Arizona is for real

Almost reminds you of last years niners.......good defense, not so good offense but just enough for each game and flying under the radar.

They're passing game is ahead of where we were last year but our running game was better.
Share 49ersWebzone