There are 153 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFC West....Should we be worried?

This game just confirmed that no team in the NFC West is a threat to us. We are better than every team in this division in every aspect of the game.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
This game just confirmed that no team in the NFC West is a threat to us. We are better than every team in this division in every aspect of the game.

Yup, pretty much.

Rams fg kicker and Peterson at returner might have a say in things but I agree that we are better as far as total units on offense defense and special teams and we have the coaching edge and franchise legacy to boot. Life is good at the top
Damn, the Rams look like contenders to win the division now. Yea, their offense looked suspect, but they were going up arguably the best defense in the league. If the Rams could annihilate the Cards like that, what are they going to do to us?
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
Damn, the Rams look like contenders to win the division now. Yea, their offense looked suspect, but they were going up arguably the best defense in the league. If the Rams could annihilate the Cards like that, what are they going to do to us?

i hope you aren't serious
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

This.
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame

annihilate? that was Kevin "Hot Garbage" Kolb.

Brian Hartline 549 in 16 games in 2011. Brian Hartline 253 yards in 1 game against the 2012 Cardinals.

First off, "what are they going to do to us?" sounds like you are putting the Cardinals on a pedestal. Don't lose sight of the fact that our defense is a Super Bowl Caliber defense and proved it in all of the last 22 games. The Cardinals defense has been consistently inconsistent.

Second, I don't think our coaching staff is dumb enough to call 50+ pass plays with two tackles that couldn't block Sarah Jessica Parker for 4 quarters.

I give the Rams credit, but unless the Rams 26th ranked (prior to this game) rush defense can stop our 3rd ranked rush O, this is the Niners' game to lose.
[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on Oct 4, 2012 at 10:13 PM ]

Stop trolling.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Honestly, I wish I wasn't, but I guess I'm not ready to just write off the other teams in our division. The teams in this division all have legitimate reasons to believe that they're the best team in the West (well, maybe not the Seahawks lol, but they're not bad either.) And our main reason that we believe we'll win it is based mostly on the fact that we did last year and not really on how we've played this year. Right now, the only teams beating NFC West teams are other NFC West teams and we haven't played any NFC West teams. Until we do, I wouldn't assume that we're going to win the division. We could easily go 3-3 or even 2-4 in this division.

And nobody should be shocked if the Rams end up winning the division. They're really good.

Also, to the people criticizing the Cards defense, keep in mind that they're missing Darnell Dockett right now. He's arguably their best defensive player and I think it has hurt them tremendously these last few games.
[ Edited by TinyHandsBigHeart on Oct 4, 2012 at 10:12 PM ]

This guy has already outed himself as a troll. It's just a matter of everyone else catching on.

Can't be serious

Honestly, I wish I wasn't, but I guess I'm not ready to just write off the other teams in our division. The teams in this division all have legitimate reasons to believe that they're the best team in the West (well, maybe not the Seahawks lol, but they're not bad either.) And our main reason that we believe we'll win it is based mostly on the fact that we did last year and not really on how we've played this year. Right now, the only teams beating NFC West teams are other NFC West teams and we haven't played any NFC West teams. Until we do, I wouldn't assume that we're going to win the division. We could easily go 3-3 or even 2-4 in this division.

And nobody should be shocked if the Rams end up winning the division. They're really good.

Bradford completed 7 passes...not worried

The Cards defense was never close to being tops in the league. Waaaay overhyped. They were ranked 17th coming into tonight. They are solid against the run, but not exceptional, not like our run defense. Just last week they gave up 400+ yards passing to Tannehill and 250+ receiving yards to Brian Hartline. Tonight the offense got exposed in a big way. Worst offensive line in football and no running game to speak of. Said it all along and I'll say it again, pretenders.

As for the Rams, that was a heck of performance by their front 7. Granted, it was against the worst offensive line that I've ever seen, but still impressive nonetheless. Bradford still looks lost at times. 11 straight incompletions at one point, and threw a horrific INT in the endzone. Passing game is in it's infancy stage and it's going to take them some time. Not going to threaten for the division title this year but definitely an up and coming team. Not to mention they have a ridiculous amount of draft choices the next 2 years.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Oct 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM ]
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I was loving the Card/Ram game. Kolb was getting butchered out there. I have never seen such poor OL blocking, and that is saying a lot as a 49er fan that suffered through the early OL/Alex Smith years.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home