LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

NFC West....Should we be worried?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by natrone06:
Cardinals sure remind me a lot of the 49ers last year.

They have all pros at every level of the defense. Qb is playing smart not losing games and coming through in clutch moments. The biggest difference is their lack of running game. Those will be some tough division games.

One big problem with everyone saying the Cardinals remind them of us, they don't run the ball nearly as effectively as we do. Because of this, they will have 3 and outs and they will have more turnovers in their passing game. You don't necessarily sustain the type of play we have unless you can tote the pill. Teams will catch on the the Cards quickly enough

If any of you are watching the rams/cards game, here is what I notice:

Arizona Defense - Their edge rushers are quick but their are mediocre against the run. The rams are running the ball effectively on them. The niners have a 3-headed monster in the running game. No way they will defend that. The Rams did okay throw the air, if Amendola hadn't gotten hurt they probably would have gotten more productivity in the passing game.

Arizona Offense - Their OLine don't look great. The Ram D hurried and got to Kolb often. AZ has no running game. If you can rush Kolb and get in his face he's not as accurate. They are basically one dimensional. His go to guy of course is Fitz but we all knew that. OH and the Cards got some flags that favored them in my opinion that gave them first downs.

I feel like Seattle's D is better than AZ's with the Niners ahead of everyone else. Call this a bad game for AZ if you want, but they are definitely not division winners in my book.
[ Edited by Baldie on Oct 4, 2012 at 7:54 PM ]
You guys still worried?? lol
No longer worried. Cardinals OL is a pathetic joke, they're getting crushed by a 3 man rush. Additionally they can't run the ball, both their RB's are pretty mediocre and fumble and injury prone. Defensively they love to attack the quarterback but if you run right at them you'll rack up a lot of yards as they play over-aggressively and create huge holes when blitzing. 49ers would need to keep the ball on the ground as much as possible, just keep smashing into them, their DL isn't anything impressive, basically they're a one-trick pony, they can rack up sacks through blitzing but they're weak in other area's and their CB opposite Peterson is basically useless.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

This whole division is going to be tough

All defense no offense
Originally posted by gold49digger:

I was just about to post this lol. LMAO at everyone that was scared at the Hawks and Cards.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Run Jackson Run.....LMAO!!!
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
You know what though....its still close.....LoL. These are the games AZ has won. I hope not this game!!!!!!!!!!

NEVERMIND!!!!! LOL
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

All defense no offense

I think we have more offense than the other 3 teams though
None of the these teams can win on the road lol.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Baldie:

All defense no offense

Hard to say this but Alex is more efficient than Wilson, Kolb, and Bradford. That is one advantage that the niners have.

• Baldie
  • Veteran
Dang....will both AZ's RB's be on IR??!?!? Big hit.
[ Edited by Baldie on Oct 4, 2012 at 8:05 PM ]

All defense no offense

Hard to say this but Alex is more efficient than Wilson, Kolb, and Bradford. That is one advantage that the niners have.

I don't care about percentages and QBRs

You aren't going to win with 100 yards and no run game
Dang....will both AZ's RB's be on IR??!?!? Big hit.

No1curr... hurr at least
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Dayam.....Az still has a chance to win this game.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AUniner:
No1curr... hurr at least

What?!?!
Share 49ersWebzone