There are 328 users in the forums

NFC West....Should we be worried?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Currently:

Arizona: 4-0
SF: 3-1
St. Louis 2-2
Seattle: 2-2

You could argue that at this point, the NFCW is the best division in football .

Very interesting Thursday Night game, Cardinals @ St. Louis. I'd put my $$ on the Rams, which would put 3 teams above .500.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Currently:

Arizona: 4-0
SF: 3-1
St. Louis 2-2
Seattle: 2-2

You could argue that at this point, the NFCW is the best division in football .

Very interesting Thursday Night game, Cardinals @ St. Louis. I'd put my $$ on the Rams, which would put 3 teams above .500.
To stay with AZ, every game is a must-win for SF I think. I won't feel relaxed unless we are 2-3 games ahead in the division.
Once Arizona gets a loss the trend will continue. They are hanging on by a thread at this point and getting lucky. Soon there will be QB controversy's in Arizona and Seattle.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Ultimately I am not worried because our defense and special teams (specifically our MVP punter Lee) will also help keep games close for us.

Lee really is the MVP of this team...the great unsung hero, he's continually flips the field for us, pins the opposing offense deep in their territory, and pads the margin of error for our D.

The offense...continues to hold us back, but is improved from last year, and I think has even more room to grow as the season progresses. We have better talent on offense...now we just need better strategy and tactics on how to use it. Despite the anemic passing attack today, there were some interesting ideas tried out today. They're clearly experimenting and thinking out of the box a bit.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,500 for jcashen87.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Once Arizona gets a loss the trend will continue. They are hanging on by a thread at this point and getting lucky. Soon there will be QB controversy's in Arizona and Seattle.

I whole heartedly agree, i think AZ will come crashing down to earth, the level of competition they put up against the Phins speaks for itself, and they ahve been lucky, its better to be lucky late in the season, they will fizzle like the 2011 Bills.
Originally posted by jcashen87:

I whole heartedly agree, i think AZ will come crashing down to earth, the level of competition they put up against the Phins speaks for itself, and they ahve been lucky, its better to be lucky late in the season, they will fizzle like the 2011 Bills.

You guys may be right, but you are also discounting their 4-0 start. At this point, they only have to play .500 ball to have a very good chance at the playoffs. I project an 8-8 season, see below. They would have to win two more games.

Cardinals Remaining Games:

@ St. Louis - L
vs. Buffalo - W
@ Minn. - L
vs. S.F. - L
@ G.B. - L
@ Atlanta - L
@ NYJ - W
@ Seattle - L
vs. Detroit - W
vs. Chicago - W
@ S.F. - L

That would equate to an 8-8 season. They actually have a pretty tough schedule.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by jcashen87:

You guys may be right, but you are also discounting their 4-0 start. At this point, they only have to play .500 ball to have a very good chance at the playoffs. I project an 8-8 season, see below. They would have to win two more games.

Cardinals Remaining Games:

@ St. Louis - L
vs. Buffalo - W
@ Minn. - L
vs. S.F. - L
@ G.B. - L
@ Atlanta - L
@ NYJ - W
@ Seattle - L
vs. Detroit - W
vs. Chicago - W
@ S.F. - L

That would equate to an 8-8 season. They actually have a pretty tough schedule.

They beat 2 rookie QB's.....barely beat
cards = fluke
I'm starting to get really concerned about the Cardinals. That defense is for real. But their schedule is tougher down the stretch.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I'm starting to get really concerned about the Cardinals. That defense is for real. But their schedule is tougher down the stretch.

Umm, what defense today?

Oh that defense that made Tannehill look like a pro bowler and made an average WR in Hartline look like Jerry Rice. Yes you are right. That defense is for real...
Yeah, watched that game today and was not impressed with their D. 400+ yrds to a rookie QB, and Bush was gashing them.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Still not worried, lol
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Yeah, watched that game today and was not impressed with their D. 400+ yrds to a rookie QB, and Bush was gashing them.

What sucks is that they played a bad game and still won
Originally posted by socalfan21:

Oh that defense that made Tannehill look like a pro bowler and made an average WR in Hartline look like Jerry Rice. Yes you are right. That defense is for real...

They were very real in a lot of their games. You can't look at 1 game. Look at us in Minnesota. Are we just 1 game? Or more than that?
Share 49ersWebzone