There are 98 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFC West....Should we be worried?

ARI and SEA must have some really good QB's. They are leading their teams to wins.
Originally posted by Knowledge:
hmmmmm do we even have the best defense in the NFC W??? Cards and Hawks look strong

Not so sure anymore. Both teams have strong, young defenses.
Originally posted by 49erLegacy:
Originally posted by Knowledge:
hmmmmm do we even have the best defense in the NFC W??? Cards and Hawks look strong

Not so sure anymore. Both teams have strong, young defenses.

We have the personnel... have to get more outta Fangio though.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

We have the personnel? Staley has to go or be demoted to just run plays, Brown is just average, Rogers isn't consistent, and A.Smith after 17 seasons is not the answer.All this jumbo package Lineman as fullbacks,Linebackers playing TE is just nonsense. Like I said we are a couple of personnel changes away from the Lombardi. Just sayin.
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:

We have the personnel? Staley has to go or be demoted to just run plays, Brown is just average, Rogers isn't consistent, and A.Smith after 17 seasons is not the answer.All this jumbo package Lineman as fullbacks,Linebackers playing TE is just nonsense. Like I said we are a couple of personnel changes away from the Lombardi. Just sayin.

specifically talking DEFENSE at this time.. Brown is better than average when not playing 10 yds off of every WR route... Rogers IS inconsistent but can look a lot more consistent if we gameplan better to diffuse opponent strengths. I actually see 0 spots on our defense that are below average... but they can be made to look average or less when their coaches have their heads up their arses.
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
Arizona is looking really solid. Right now, they're playing the best defense any team has played in at least a few seasons. If they can get just decent play from Kolb, they'll probably win the division unless we can turn things around in a big way. In a lot of ways, they're very similar to us last season, but I think their defense is probably better than ours was by a fair margin. I think our defense is more talented, but Ray Horton is much better schematically than Fangio. They find ways to get pressure on the QB on almost every play. It seems like a lot of times this seasons (and last season too) that QBs we've faced have gotten a ton of time to wait for someone to get open.

lol way better than ours based on one s**tty loss to minnesota where the whole team sucked lol. calm down dude, we'll be fine. were one game behind them as of right now, they will not go undefeated, theyre playing good team football right now like we played the first two weeks and all of last year with. theyve also had their fair share of luck this year with these s**tty refs were weve been tortured by them so far. itll all balance out soon
Worried?

Are you kidding... 49ers are the BEST in the WEST!

Cards still have to play all NFC north teams and the falcons.
Seahawks should be 1-2 but was ruled a touchdown when it should have been an game ending INT
Rams are the Rams.
specifically talking DEFENSE at this time.. Brown is better than average when not playing 10 yds off of every WR route... Rogers IS inconsistent but can look a lot more consistent if we gameplan better to diffuse opponent strengths. I actually see 0 spots on our defense that are below average... but they can be made to look average or less when their coaches have their heads up their arses.

Brown IMO is NOT better than average. Rogers is better than average but not great. Cromartie is better than average,Porter and Ike taylor are better than average but I think Brown gets too much credit. I like Culliver's instincts and coverage skills above Brown's and Cox has great athletic abilities and skills but they are just showing seniority respect to Brown until he fully blows his chance. The Niners secondary as a whole is just average and in this pass happy league you have to be better than average up until you get to your third CB. Just sayin.
Originally posted by JimsSweatshirt:
Worried?

Are you kidding... 49ers are the BEST in the WEST!

Cards still have to play all NFC north teams and the falcons.
Seahawks should be 1-2 but was ruled a touchdown when it should have been an game ending INT
Rams are the Rams.

This.

49ers are the best. But the Cardinals will give us very tough competition in the division. They look pretty good, and we have struggled against them in the recent past more than any other team in the division. Let's say we split it 1-1 against them. They have the easier schedule. So I am a bit worried. It's a long season though and we are only 3 games in. I believe the cream will rise to the top.
Worried? A little. I still think Niners win division with 10+ wins, but it'll be a close second between Cardinals and Seahawks who may get a wildcard spot.
I'll tell you one thing, Zona and Seattle have legit D's. Not going to be a cake walk this season.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
Arizona is looking really solid. Right now, they're playing the best defense any team has played in at least a few seasons. If they can get just decent play from Kolb, they'll probably win the division unless we can turn things around in a big way. In a lot of ways, they're very similar to us last season, but I think their defense is probably better than ours was by a fair margin. I think our defense is more talented, but Ray Horton is much better schematically than Fangio. They find ways to get pressure on the QB on almost every play. It seems like a lot of times this seasons (and last season too) that QBs we've faced have gotten a ton of time to wait for someone to get open.

lol way better than ours based on one s**tty loss to minnesota where the whole team sucked lol. calm down dude, we'll be fine. were one game behind them as of right now, they will not go undefeated, theyre playing good team football right now like we played the first two weeks and all of last year with. theyve also had their fair share of luck this year with these s**tty refs were weve been tortured by them so far. itll all balance out soon

Game-planning on both offense and defense scare me. Last night I saw good game plans for Seattle's defense and then good adjustments on offense for GB. Essentially, after 8 sacks, GB started playing OUR game. Jumbo, max protection, power running, timely passing and clock-management...and it worked. So that said, we are BUILT to beat the Seahawks. The Cards, not so much...

We struggle against great 3-4 defenses that can disguise blitzes well and THAT is what the Cards are. They dictate offenses. They are MUCH more advanced than Fangio and I don't see Roman adjusting well in-game and at half times, generally. As to Seattle, they played exactly how I'd like our defense to play...but don't. They play VERY physical, tight up at the LOS and do not let a single WR/TE have a clean release. And b/c of the refs, they continue to be physical well beyond the 5 yards too (and get away with it). Us, we give ENORMOUS cushions and nothing but clean releases. We let a guy like Ponder deliver time and time again and gain confidence and make plays esp. on 3rd downs when we are playing off 10-15 yards with our CB's and 25 yards deep with our S's.

Fangio and Roman are hit and miss to me and I'm not seeing much, if any, in-game adjustments to adopt to the culture of the game like I do with smarter teams/coaching.

I watch every game multiple times, objectively and I'm wondering, is that just me?

We still have the most talent, top-to-bottom; just not sure if we're playing to our strengths or are making the proper adjustments.
Jed York once said "THE NFC WEST IS SCARED OF US!" ....this year, not so much.

somebody .
We still have the best coaching staff, offense, and defense in the division. This division will come down to who has the better offense and that's us. Cards and Hawks won't be able to run on us and will have to depend on Wilson and Kolb/Skelton to beat us which isn't going to happen.
I'm worried. This won't be a walk in the park.

If we play our game I think we can beat anybody; but ....