There are 56 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anthony Davis (Photo on ESPN Power Ranking)

Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I think we would be just as likely to see Staley become a cap causualty and have Davis and Boone man the edge while Looney takes the middle....

Doubt the 49ers would cut a pro bowl left tackle in his prime this shortly after signing him to an extension. This is most likely the exact line we will all be watching for at least the next 2 seasons

I hope so, I'm just saying we'll have to make tough decisions. Nobody wants to let high quality players go, but if you have depth and quality to replace talent, then it needs to be considered. Besides, I'm not saying it happens this year or next, but isn't Staley signed through 2017? By the way, didn't we extend him like 3 or so years ago, its not that "short" of a time frame.

Edit: if he really is only 2.4mm or 3.5 against the cap like the previous poster said, then I really doubt it happens.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 21, 2012 at 11:15 AM ]
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
I could see that happening.

Not anytime soon. Staley's only making 2.8 and 3.4 mil the next two seasons.

Oh really? That isn't bad at all.

I don't have anything against Staley, I just don't see him as a strong link in the line. I don't think he is the weakest link either (maybe Goodwin) Those that pay closer attention than I do know a lot better, though.
Oldman and NC are watching the oline pretty close this season. It will be interesting to see how they all grow together.
I could see that happening.

Not anytime soon. Staley's only making 2.8 and 3.4 mil the next two seasons.

Oh really? That isn't bad at all.

I don't have anything against Staley, I just don't see him as a strong link in the line. I don't think he is the weakest link either (maybe Goodwin) Those that pay closer attention than I do know a lot better, though.
Oldman and NC are watching the oline pretty close this season. It will be interesting to see how they all grow together.

Agreed. Staley is making chump change relatively speaking. Kind of like they did with Willis, they paid him a ton up front, which is good because if Davis continues his improvement we're going to have to pay him as early as next off-season.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/joe-staley/
He plays very aggressive he gets overlooked but the dude is dominating the line.
Originally posted by susweel:
he gonna be better than Staley

He's always been much more physically gifted than Staley. Glad to hear that maybe he is finally living up to that potential.
AD has been solid. He also hasn't been the one facing Clay Matthews and Vanden Bosch. I think both of our tackles deserve a ton of credit this season.
He's made significant progress.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
He's made significant progress.

he doesnt have snyder or rachal next to him. that in itself is an improvement
Originally posted by modninerfan:
these posts tick me off lol. The picture on ESPN's power poll of bla blah blah blah blah...

Link? Picture? lol I cant find anything, I have no idea what your talking about.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1340902-san-francisco-49ers-being-the-best-team-in-nfl-through-two-weeks-means-little

Here for the internet challenged.
You guys know that he's still only 22 years old right? How f**king crazy is that?
Nice balanced article.

However, he never once mentions all the dropped passes over the last two games!!

Stop dropping balls, get Jacobs back for short yardage. I'm not worried!
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
AD has been solid. He also hasn't been the one facing Clay Matthews and Vanden Bosch. I think both of our tackles deserve a ton of credit this season.

I agree, Staley has had a bad run at elite pass rushers, but it doesn't get easier...

Week 1: Clay Matthews
Week 2: Vanden Bosh
Week 3: Jared Allen
Week 5: Mario Williams
Week 6: Jason Pierre-Paul
Week 8: Calais Campbell
Week 11: Julius Peppers
Week 14: Cameron Wake
Week 17: Calais Cambell

Those are some of the best pass-rushers in the game (minus Demarcus Ware, Von Miller, and Aldon Smith )
It's safe to say some still jumped the gun on him saying he needed to move to guard last season. He was(he's still not) no where near his ceiling as a tackle his first two seasons in the league.

The lockout wiping out the entire offseason before Anthony's second season kind of slowed down his development more than some people will admit. This past offseason was really his first first full offseason in the Niners strength and conditioning program followed by OTA's and Mini camp and you can see improvement because of it.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

I wouldn't be shocked to see them flop positions at some point . . . not this year or maybe even next. But sometime in the future.

true dat

yah and this is the first year that he had a complete off season.

Staley has played outstanding when healthy. He's great this year and last. Plus he is faster and more athletic than Davis. They will probably stay on the sides they are on. Staley can handle speed. Davis is a bruiser. RT is perfect for him. Glad to see they are both doing well.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

I wouldn't be shocked to see them flop positions at some point . . . not this year or maybe even next. But sometime in the future.

Isn't Staley naturally a RT and Davis a LT? Or am I just living in an imaginary world?
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

I agree, Staley has had a bad run at elite pass rushers, but it doesn't get easier...

Week 1: Clay Matthews
Week 2: Vanden Bosh
Week 3: Jared Allen
Week 5: Mario Williams
Week 6: Jason Pierre-Paul
Week 8: Calais Campbell
Week 11: Julius Peppers
Week 14: Cameron Wake
Week 17: Calais Cambell

Those are some of the best pass-rushers in the game (minus Demarcus Ware, Von Miller, and Aldon Smith )

Good point. I think JH and Roman will help design schemes that minimize these pass rushers effectiveness but the team may also be an injury away from trouble. Hope the reserves are OK when needed. Kilgore coming in for Goodwin? L Davis for Boone? Lots of questions with the back ups. With fingers crossed