There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Turning Point | 49ers vs Lions Week 2

Awesome video...a few games too late but whatever. I wonder, for us, when did YOU see the turning point?
I came.

I'd marry a Turning Point.

Can I has a link to that please norcal? Thanks bruh.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Sep 20, 2012 at 3:59 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Awesome video...a few games too late but whatever. I wonder, for us, when did YOU see the turning point?

Philly last year. The many failed comeback attempts. Philly kicking Alex's ass 2 times prior. When all hope seemed somewhat lost at halftime and for us to comeback and win that game, ON THE ROAD, was a thing of beauty.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Philly last year. The many failed comeback attempts. Philly kicking Alex's ass 2 times prior. When all hope seemed somewhat lost at halftime and for us to comeback and win that game, ON THE ROAD, was a thing of beauty.

My thoughts exactly...and it was such a TEAM win too. Alex contributed big time to that win and played smart, didn't panic and just finished. That was it for me too!
  • Ether
  • Veteran

While this was no doubt one of Alex's biggest games, I honestly think the turning point for Alex was getting boo'ed at home and having 70,000 chant "We Want Carr." I saw a fire within Alex when he was arguing with Sing to put him back in and he's been the Alex we've been seeing since then.
Originally posted by Ether:

While this was no doubt one of Alex's biggest games, I honestly think the turning point for Alex was getting boo'ed at home and having 70,000 chant "We Want Carr." I saw a fire within Alex when he was arguing with Sing to put him back in and he's been the Alex we've been seeing since then.

Can't really argue on that one neither. Kind of crazy how from that game on he's been playing quite well.

This team still felt like the same ole Niners though until we finally won the Eagles game. After that game it was like "holly Cow, we just actually might make the play-offs!?"
Originally posted by Ether:

Awesome! THAT may just have been "it." I remember those years with Steve Young; the pressure to be himself and overcome the monkey on his back known as the GOAT...him getting beat to hell and crawling off the field (BTW: what is UP with our offensive lines) against Detroit (?). Eventually, a man has had enough and the world becomes just...if just for a moment. "And nobody, NOBODY can ever take it away!"
i like that weird little motion smith does with his arms when he throws that last TD haha
LOL at the very end...how Davis was "cradling" the ball on the TD run.
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran

Agreed!
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
To be honest, I sort of saw a change in Alex when he almost brought us back in that Houston game (2009?).... those throws he made to VD over the middle were lasers. I've always been a Smith supporter but that game stood out for me and I knew it was only a matter of time....
I fap'd
Originally posted by TexasNiner915:
i like that weird little motion smith does with his arms when he throws that last TD haha

ya alex needs to learn how to celebrate, his celebrations are pretty funny but hes not tryin to be funny lol
Originally posted by SaksV:
To be honest, I sort of saw a change in Alex when he almost brought us back in that Houston game (2009?).... those throws he made to VD over the middle were lasers. I've always been a Smith supporter but that game stood out for me and I knew it was only a matter of time....

The 2006 year he showed signs under Norv, especially that SEA game on MNF with the bootleg

Afterward, Gire said that the 49ers were for real and would "wreck shop" in the NFC West

Too bad Nowin, Dingleberry, Jimmy "can I get a Nodoz", Dadgum yahoo Raye, Mike "I had a QB competition, only to be won by my boy JTO Fartz, shoulder injuries, more Nowin, more Dingleberry, derailed the progress