There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

For anyone coming to NY for the Jets game...

I'm going to the game and will definitely look into it, thanks a lot. As far as the fans at MetLife, and formerly Giants Stadium go, I've been to 2 Giants/49ers ('07, '08) games and 1 Jets/49ers game ('04). Never had a problem, although for the Jets game I had pretty good seats and was still just a sophomore in high school. But overall I've never had any trouble.
I'm heading up from Philly, me and my pops. I'll look into the Joe tailgate guy thing..... but I'm trying to chill with some Niner fan before the game. Not friendly Jets fans, not trying to be mean or anything but if theres a good amount of Niner fans doing this tailgate Joe, I'm D
I'll drop by this tailgate, so there will be at least one other Niner fan
[ Edited by paulk205 on Sep 19, 2012 at 10:18 AM ]
by the way if youre going to the game tell jed york he said he may get you on the field passes
Originally posted by tailgatejoe:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
This makes me happy.

Tailgatejoe, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

I just wish the 49ers site forum was as welcoming. For some reason they won't allow me to even access that damn site!
Dude, 49er fans can't even get on that site. It's a joke.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
by the way if youre going to the game tell jed york he said he may get you on the field passes

Really? Where do I write him? Perhaps he'll be interested in the nutter who comes from the other side of the world every year to watch his team
I'll be coming from Texas to go to this game, and am also curious about how the Jets fans respond to the other team's fans. As far as the tailgate goes, I am going to check out your website and likely will sign up. So that's 3 49ers fans that will be there at the least (my parents would count as 4 & 5 except they are going for the Jets since one of their coaches is a good family friend of ours).
Originally posted by paulk205:
Really? Where do I write him? Perhaps he'll be interested in the nutter who comes from the other side of the world every year to watch his team

twitter
I am making the trip from Boston to go to the game with a friend of mine. We are big time Niners fans and we were hoping to crash a tailgate. This sounds fun. I am going to sign up.
Originally posted by RollinDownRodeo:
I'm heading up from Philly, me and my pops. I'll look into the Joe tailgate guy thing..... but I'm trying to chill with some Niner fan before the game. Not friendly Jets fans, not trying to be mean or anything but if theres a good amount of Niner fans doing this tailgate Joe, I'm D

Don't have numbers yet, but we definitely have some 49ers fans coming. Hey, I just wanted to toss the invite out there for those interested, its all good.
For those wondering about how Jets fans treat visiting fans, I think you will be fine. I travel to lots of stadiums as a visiting fan, I was in Pitt last weekend and down in Miami for the game this weekend, and I find much worse in some other places than I do at MetLife. You guys are also not division or conference, so you are low on the list of disliked teams. I find that as long as you are not the guy who goes to another team's house, stands up and turns back towards the fans behind him to taunt, you will be ok. Really, I find people that do that to just be jerks anyway., the game is on the field, not behind you.

I really would not be worried about traveling to MetLife for a game.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Originally posted by JayDAche:
Originally posted by tailgatejoe:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
This makes me happy.

Tailgatejoe, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

I just wish the 49ers site forum was as welcoming. For some reason they won't allow me to even access that damn site!
Dude, 49er fans can't even get on that site. It's a joke.

I have no idea what they do over there anymore. I used to post there all the time... almost a decade ago.
I think I'll sign up, me and a friend flying out to NY from Phoenix.
Some of us at the .com are having a pretty cool tailgate. So far there are 32 confirmed, another dozen or 2 may straggle in during the week. We'll see.

We're parking in Yellow, not sure if we're doing "M", "J", or "D"...J is winning so far.

If anybody wants details, let me know. I was part of the Carolina and DC tailgates, and we had some great crowds with great fans from around the country; and even acoss the pond.

Here's a shot (thank you Nick HybridAWD) for the shots last year in DC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWPQtqH18Dk
I'll be at the game, bouncing around and visiting fellow 49ers fans. Have a good feeling there are going to be A LOT of Niners fans there.

#Faithful