There are 98 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why All of the Drops with the Catchable Passes?

Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by bigwads:
I'm waiting for all the Smith haters to chyme in stating that they were all Smith's fault.

We still have those???

Just a trouble maker, pay no attention!
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 30,501
Smith's small hands cause a weird revolution ball spin which has a tendency to spin right out of the intended receivers hands.
[ Edited by Garcia on Sep 18, 2012 at 9:57 PM ]
May as well keep up with this every week on here...

SF is now tied for most drops ( 10 ) with 3 other teams.. (Houston, NYG, Denver)

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

Denver is 13th in most pass attempts
Houston is 21st in most pass attempts
NYG is 8th in most pass attempts

SF is 25th in most pass attempts

Game 1 = 2 clear drops... 1 debatable ( both from Walker )
Game 2 = 6 clear drops... ( Crabtree, Hunter, Gore, Miller, Walker, Manningham )
Game 3 = 2 clear drops... ( Moss, VD )
Originally posted by oldman9er:
May as well keep up with this every week on here...

SF is now tied for most drops ( 10 ) with 3 other teams.. (Houston, NYG, Denver)

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

Denver is 13th in most pass attempts
Houston is 21st in most pass attempts
NYG is 8th in most pass attempts

SF is 25th in most pass attempts

Game 1 = 2 clear drops... 1 debatable ( both from Walker )
Game 2 = 6 clear drops... ( Crabtree, Hunter, Gore, Miller, Walker, Manningham )
Game 3 = 2 clear drops... ( Moss, VD )

some drops i can handle like the ones for no gain or one or two yards, down field drop piss me off
Ted Ginn.
thru week 4

SF is now tied for 3rd most drops ( 12 ) with the NYG... Lions with 15... Saints with 13.

Saints are 1st in the league for most pass attempts with 191.
Lions are 2nd in the league for most pass attempt with 186.
Giants are 5th in the league for most pass attempts with 162.

Niners are 30th in the league for most pass attempts with 114.
___________________________________________________________________

Game 1 = 2 clear drops... 1 debatable ( both from Walker )
Game 2 = 6 clear drops... ( Crabtree, Hunter, Gore, Miller, Walker, Manningham )
Game 3 = 2 clear drops... ( Moss, VD )
Game 4 = 2 clear drops... 1 debatable ( Crabtree, Walker )
That says a hell of a lot. Check...
So since they have a stat for drops, does that mean they record uncatchable passes too?
Originally posted by Bootlegger:
So since they have a stat for drops, does that mean they record uncatchable passes too?

Yes how about over throws of wide open players ?
Originally posted by Bootlegger:
So since they have a stat for drops, does that mean they record uncatchable passes too?

where I'm from, we call this question a TRANSPARENT DEFLECTION.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
thru week 4

SF is now tied for 3rd most drops ( 12 ) with the NYG... Lions with 15... Saints with 13.

Saints are 1st in the league for most pass attempts with 191.
Lions are 2nd in the league for most pass attempt with 186.
Giants are 5th in the league for most pass attempts with 162.

Niners are 30th in the league for most pass attempts with 114.
___________________________________________________________________

Game 1 = 2 clear drops... 1 debatable ( both from Walker )
Game 2 = 6 clear drops... ( Crabtree, Hunter, Gore, Miller, Walker, Manningham )
Game 3 = 2 clear drops... ( Moss, VD )
Game 4 = 2 clear drops... 1 debatable ( Crabtree, Walker )

I was guessing at least 13...but WOW, do these stats put it into perspective or what?

When your WR's drop 10% of your throws, that's horrendous. When they drop 10% in OUR offense it's downright scary. And most of these drops have been big drops; drive killers and esp. on 3rd downs so for us, it's all quantity AND quality drops. Not good!
Bad throws so far this year... Using the number of passes dropped by our receivers this year (12) and subtracting the that from the number of incompletions we've had this year (113 attempts - 76 completions = 37 incompletions) we arrive at...


25 poorly thrown balls so far this year, or 22% of balls thrown are poorly thrown.
Originally posted by Bootlegger:
Bad throws so far this year... Using the number of passes dropped by our receivers this year (12) and subtracting the that from the number of incompletions we've had this year (113 attempts - 76 completions = 37 incompletions) we arrive at...


25 poorly thrown balls so far this year, or 22% of balls thrown are poorly thrown.

reaching here bud. Throw away's happen every game so go subtract that and come up with an accurate number.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Bootlegger:
Bad throws so far this year... Using the number of passes dropped by our receivers this year (12) and subtracting the that from the number of incompletions we've had this year (113 attempts - 76 completions = 37 incompletions) we arrive at...


25 poorly thrown balls so far this year, or 22% of balls thrown are poorly thrown.

reaching here bud. Throw away's happen every game so go subtract that and come up with an accurate number.

Good point Boot. We're only 4 games into the season, have ALL of the offensive drives up...including coaches film. Why don't you do an analysis for us; a running log to date. Seriously, that would be great. We can see if Alex is improving or if you notice any mechanical issues that tend to lead to these overthrows (e.g left leg locked).

(sounds of crickets)
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 2, 2012 at 1:58 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Bootlegger:
Bad throws so far this year... Using the number of passes dropped by our receivers this year (12) and subtracting the that from the number of incompletions we've had this year (113 attempts - 76 completions = 37 incompletions) we arrive at...


25 poorly thrown balls so far this year, or 22% of balls thrown are poorly thrown.

reaching here bud. Throw away's happen every game so go subtract that and come up with an accurate number.

Good point Boot. We're only 4 games into the season, have ALL of the offensive drives up...including coaches film. Why don't you do an analysis for us; a running log to date. Seriously, that would be great. We can see if Alex is improving or if you notice any mechanical issues that tend to lead to these overthrows (e.g left leg locked).

(sounds of crickets)

Agreed. I'd also like to see how this team's numbers compare to those of other teams, so would you please look into that also?

Oh! And please exclude any intentional throw aways.

Thanks!