There are 178 users in the forums

Can the 49ers run the No-Huddle?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
save the no huddle for when we need it. Pound that rock in and shred the defense with quick passes
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
no need to go to the pistol. what we have is working very very well. teams like us and the ravens go against the curve and i am sure it drives many so called experts not to mention fantasy football fans nuts when we are successfull. we run the west coast offense and the pistol has nothing to do with the west coast offense. we use the pistol on certain occasions. when you are protecting a lead you do not want any quick three and outs.
Are we capable? Absolutely!

Will we? Tough call but in the end we have a coaching staff that is very smart so you can't rule it out.

The no-huddle is another weapon. Like all weapons - they don't work all the time.

I think Alex would do just fine in it.
this team can be very good running a no huddle. AS is a coach out there and he knows the gameplan and what the bigger picture is. That said i echo the comments that its goes against the general philosophy of time control.

wouldn't put anything past this coaching staff however, and would expect to see it to throw the other team off. No huddle doesn't mean that we have to pass.

Keeping their nickel or dime on the field when we have a run advantage in personnel wouldn't surprise me.
Originally posted by Sinsation:
this team can be very good running a no huddle. AS is a coach out there and he knows the gameplan and what the bigger picture is. That said i echo the comments that its goes against the general philosophy of time control.

wouldn't put anything past this coaching staff however, and would expect to see it to throw the other team off. No huddle doesn't mean that we have to pass.

Keeping their nickel or dime on the field when we have a run advantage in personnel wouldn't surprise me.

Agree generally, but the no-huddle can be used to run time off the clock. Manning did this with the Colts...watched the play clock as he stood behind the line and then ran the play at the last second. The no-huddle was developed for speed of play execution but has evolved over time.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/167529-49ers-evolution-to-the-no-huddle/

Lmfao, that was only started yesterday too.

I personally only want the 9ers using the no huddle when they need to. Our offense soaks up clock, but if we're down or it's in the 2 minute warning then go for it imo.
Share 49ersWebzone