LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 291 users in the forums

49ers evolution to the No-Huddle

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Peyton Manning and Joe Flacco last weekend executed the no-huddle to perfection. Even with multiple formations and substitutions they were able to get their offense into the right play versus the defensive set.

The 49ers offense seems to be moving in a similar direction. Multiple formations and substitutions with the QB running a lot of "kill" plays - where 2 plays are called in the huddle. Although obviously more run heavy.

BUT, if Alex is truly become "savant like" in his understanding of the offensive system, and is such a great "risk manager" -- it might not be long before the 49ers are running more no-huddle as well to ensure each offensive play can be adjusted to the defense presented.

Maybe by the end of the season? Or at least some of it next season.
Before I always thought Alex greatest ability was to run no huddle of course this was way before harbaugh javent really ran it much since then

But I do remember scoring a lot of tds in no huddle I hope we incorperate more of it
  • sfout
  • Veteran
We ran the no-huddle read option with Kaepernick and James so even though I know they both have history in the offense it still meant that the rest of our players had to be prepared for it. That tells me that we are practicing a no-huddle of our traditional offense with the 1s and 2s - hopefully we will see something of it soon.
I envision heavy doses of no-huddle, in the Kaepernick era.
Once the passing game gets really hot I think we're going to see a lot of no-huddles.
they ran that last year too. kill or let it roll!!!
Originally posted by verb1der:

Whichever team he is playing for at the time.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

lol
Called 2 minute offense

Kaepernick era.......whoa!!!! that sounds scary good.....

The 7x Superbowl champion 49ers
should the team get behind on the road late in the year (e.g., new england) or run into a team with good defense in the playoffs, i could see a no huddle be unleashed to grab the lead or throw the opponent off balance sufficiently to get a 2-possession lead....then it back to grind-it-out, ball-control, clock-chewing offense (like late in the green bay game)

of course if its a back-and-forth scoring fest like the last 5 minutes of the saints playoff game last year, the coaching must entrust Alex and the D enough to decide the right time to go to no-huddle

With Kaep I could see us running some more read-option and adding some no huddle in there throughout the game. On the other hand, I think that one of Alex's main strengths is his football I.Q, ability to read defenses and get us into the right play at the line (I.E: let it roll, let it roll and kill, kill).

To do this effectively he needs to take his time at the L.O.S. and get a good read on the D. So the no huddle would be counter intuitive to that. Although in the 2 min drill i could def see us running the no huddle with Alex calling the plays, witch he has been successful with in the past.

Either way I like the direction this offense is going in. Go Niners!
Originally posted by KegBert:

With Kaep I could see us running some more read-option and adding some no huddle in there throughout the game. On the other hand, I think that one of Alex's main strengths is his football I.Q, ability to read defenses and get us into the right play at the line (I.E: let it roll, let it roll and kill, kill).

To do this effectively he needs to take his time at the L.O.S. and get a good read on the D. So the no huddle would be counter intuitive to that. Although in the 2 min drill i could def see us running the no huddle with Alex calling the plays, witch he has been successful with in the past.

Either way I like the direction this offense is going in. Go Niners!

Really like the way the offense is headed. To only think they should only get better as the season goes and the team progresses.
Share 49ersWebzone