There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFL Playbook : 49ers vs Lions

Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Even Cowher picked against us because the Lions have too many weapons...yawn.

I doubt Cowher has even seen a lot of 49ers games within the past 2 years, he's an ignorant mid-west dips**t caveman.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

I doubt Cowher has even seen a lot of 49ers games within the past 2 years, he's an ignorant mid-west dips**t caveman.

and we don't have even more weapons?
just like I said last week, can they stop us? we have a defense and a special teams that have shown they will get the job done and slow down any unit, but can DET stop our brute force and varied personnel groupings and formations?
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
and we don't have even more weapons?

I think Megatron counts as 2 weapons though
THey probably told him he had to pick detroit because it's the Sunday night marque matchup
whats wrong with Sharpe, did he lose the beat and had to go against the 9ers, haha.

They had too many weapons for St. Louis . . . barely. I think we have too many good DB's and all-world LB's.
Honestly, no joke:

The only teams I have a healthy respect for are those that have a serious D coupled with a balanced O & decent QB.

Right now that list includes:

Baltimore, Houston, probably New England.

Chicago I thought was in the running until a few days ago.

The Giants will always be on the list, but this year I think they've slipped a bit (and that's before last week too). Dallas remains to be seen.

Pittsburgh is always in the mix. Denver might be in it too.

Seriously, these teams that just bring offense with so/so defense are not as terrifying as once thought with our D. Teams like Green Bay & Detroit are probably going to have to line up Megatron, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Julio Jones, Rob Gronkowski with Arian Foster in the backfield for them to inspire "fear".
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Sep 15, 2012 at 7:23 PM ]
lol

sharpe is retarded
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
just like I said last week, can they stop us? we have a defense and a special teams that have shown they will get the job done and slow down any unit, but can DET stop our brute force and varied personnel groupings and formations?

Thats just a great phrase. What a perfect description for our running O. Brute force.....FTW
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Honestly, no joke:

The only teams I have a healthy respect for are those that have a serious D coupled with a balanced O & decent QB.

Right now that list includes:

Baltimore, Houston, probably New England.

Chicago I thought was in the running until a few days ago.

The Giants will always be on the list, but this year I think they've slipped a bit (and that's before last week too). Dallas remains to be seen.

Pittsburgh is always in the mix. Denver might be in it too.

Seriously, these teams that just bring offense with so/so defense are not as terrifying as once thought with our D. Teams like Green Bay & Detroit are probably going to have to line up Megatron, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Julio Jones, Rob Gronkowski with Arian Foster in the backfield for them to inspire "fear".

Atlanta's retooled offense is not to be taken lightly. Julio & Roddy could cause trouble, but then again Michael Turner scares no one anymore (and we don't play them this season anyway).
Sharpe... the Lions LB's are AWFUL.

The kicker? You kidding me?
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Sharpe... the Lions LB's are AWFUL.

The kicker? You kidding me?

but the kicker was there for 21 years!! dont forget that
I know it's not on the same show, but on NFL Matchup both Jaws and Hodges seemed pretty sure we were the better team. Jaws showed how last year we had Calvin covered with a CB and a Safety over top. And how we put Patrick on Pettigrew and that limited them. Then Hodges said we had the BEST offense in the NFL. And when elaborating he meant with passing, rushing, protection we had it all. Jaws disagreed and still said we had one of the best but not the very best.
Rofl, Sterling Sharpe just reminded me of Brick from the movie Anchorman. He's just looking at stuff and saying "I like lamp. I like table. I like Pettigrew."

And wtf? How can you like Pettigrew dropping a TD pass? In what world is he? Wtf lol
[ Edited by ElDannMann on Sep 16, 2012 at 3:38 AM ]