There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 3)

lol@everybody over reacting to a loss where we fell flat in an early game and they wanted it bad in their stadium. Not to mention they needed terrible reffing to beat us. Chill people, gosh.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Doesn't it seem like Alex and Harbaugh are content with keeping the game close in the first three quarters with a lack of big play chances. It could be just me

I was blown away at the lack of urgency in the fourth quarter.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
It's hard to score when you don't have the ball. The Vikings are the first team to really figure out how to play against Fangio's defensive schemes. That, and Willis and Bowman had a a"bad day at the office." It happens.

The 49ers also looked flat. Harbaugh will have them ready to play the J-E-T-S, Jets-Jets-Jets, next week

18 tackles isn't too shabby for a bad day at the office.

But in all seriousness I think Fangio may have underestimated Ponder if anything.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Doesn't it seem like Alex and Harbaugh are content with keeping the game close in the first three quarters with a lack of big play chances. It could be just me

I was blown away at the lack of urgency in the fourth quarter.

Well yeah, I was definitely like, "WTF is going on here" today
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
It's hard to score when you don't have the ball. The Vikings are the first team to really figure out how to play against Fangio's defensive schemes. That, and Willis and Bowman had a a"bad day at the office." It happens.

The 49ers also looked flat. Harbaugh will have them ready to play the J-E-T-S, Jets-Jets-Jets, next week

18 tackles isn't too shabby for a bad day at the office.

But in all seriousness I think Fangio may have underestimated Ponder if anything.

We definitely were not prepared for MIN to come out and do exactly what we have done to everyone else to us. we took our own medicine today and we were not the better for it. Now we can see what we come up with after this weeklong minicamp vs the Jets
I honestly think all the media hype got to the players heads and inspired the Vikings to hit them in the mouth because Sing told them to!
Originally posted by verb1der:
I honestly think all the media hype got to the players heads and inspired the Vikings to hit them in the mouth because Sing told them to!

The Vikes seemed as physical as the niners always are and it seemed to surprise our team. Singletary got some revenge on the team that let him go! Oh well, as long as it doesn't happen in the playoffs with either the Vikes or Falcons (Nolan) I'll be OK.

Freddy P seemed to be a factor indeed
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
We definitely were not prepared for MIN to come out and do exactly what we have done to everyone else to us. we took our own medicine today and we were not the better for it. Now we can see what we come up with after this weeklong minicamp vs the Jets

Agreed. The Jets offense(Mark Sanchez will dink and dunk like the Vikes offense did to sustain drives) is a perfect test to see what kind of adjustments Fangio and the defense will make.

Agreed. The Jets offense(Mark Sanchez will dink and dunk like the Vikes offense did to sustain drives) is a perfect test to see what kind of adjustments Fangio and the defense will make.

He can start by not allowing clean releases of TE's, RB's & WR's ALLLLLL DAMN day and not playing 40 yards off on 3rd and 10 for SIMPLE pitch-catches. I'm so freaking sick and tired of seeing this. He FINALLY played physical against the Lions and then he goes right back to this crap. Have some faith in your players to play physical. It's what they do best!

Agreed. I said the exact same thing. It gets buried fast in this thread though but I totally agree.
Originally posted by NCommand:
He can start by not allowing clean releases of TE's, RB's & WR's ALLLLLL DAMN day and not playing 40 yards off on 3rd and 10 for SIMPLE pitch-catches. I'm so freaking sick and tired of seeing this. He FINALLY played physical against the Lions and then he goes right back to this crap. Have some faith in your players to play physical. It's what they do best!
I agree.
Originally posted by NCommand:
I agree.

tarrell brown played bump and run on one of the last drives and got beat on a slant for a first down. nothing was working for us all day
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
The Vikes seemed as physical as the niners always are and it seemed to surprise our team. Singletary got some revenge on the team that let him go! Oh well, as long as it doesn't happen in the playoffs with either the Vikes or Falcons (Nolan) I'll be OK.

Freddy P seemed to be a factor indeed

Originally posted by BayArea:
Agreed. I said the exact same thing. It gets buried fast in this thread though but I totally agree.

Good thing about this loss is that it takes the pedestal away from the 49ers, I dont ever think these players have ever been glorified the way that they have in the past few weeks, it was ridiculous!

To me it seems that this team plays way better with a chip on their shoulder rather than a target on their backs.
just shocked that we were out physicalled

esp. against the vikes