There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 3)

Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Once tape comes out on Smith, teams will have a great game plan on stopping him.

Nobody on this webzone can tell me that it is not easy to have a great game plan to stop Alex Smith from beating you. it is as easy as apple pie to stop Alex Smith.

And many will say, "its one game, chill." of course it is, but is Alex a 'step on your throat qb'? hell no, he's not and he will never be. He is SOOOO LIMITED ITS NOTEVEN FUNNY.

Just as a side note: after we lost, I'm scanning the channels, turn to the Texans game, just in time to see Matt Fnn Shaub wind up and throw a freaking bomb to some receiver who nobody even knows for a td down the middle of the field.f**k man, we couldn't even beat Minnesotas safeties, FML

There is no tape. Our passing game is mostly off of playaction run plays. Almost all of the good plays are off the fake. The other passing plays are contingent up on receivers, pass protection and read progression when we go spread. And on those, Smith is susceptible to pass rush and good coverage to move the ball as an offense like any other qb. It's up to our guys on offense and Smith to step up and make the plays. There's really no magic to our offense, if they execute it's good, when they don't, it's bad. Same with the other team's defense. If they can disrupt, take away guys that Smith is comfortable with, force him to find someone else in limited time in the pocket, they will be good for the most part.

It's still early so the offense right now as a whole can't respond to those area that the defense is forcing them to do quick enough or well enough. Just has to go through the process of getting better.

I respectfully disagree. There is way to stop Alex and thats to pressure up the gut to get him out of the pocket; cut the field in half. Then roll the linebacker in the soft zone to cover the intermediate. Expect Crabs to carry his 6 yd completions in the passing game with a few shot plays to Vernon.

Another poster mentioned spot on that we'll struggle with our running game lacking. No wonder we got six running backs on the roster.

You guys have to see our lack of passing game, you have to see it, please, you guys are killing me. C'mon fellas.

So what is the issue then? Bad play design, or our QB is inept at passing the ball, or WRs unable to get open or make the play? Not enough pass plays? Not trying to down play what you said but tell me what is lacking. The term "passing game" has a million different aspects to it.

It's sadly a blame on the pass protect to compile on the lack of vision, lack of anticipation, lack of trusting in our receivers to make a tough catch, lack of poise to hang in the pocket a second longer(he's getting better at that honestly) from our qb.

The play calling is conservative, but it's also insanely productive if executed. Think about designed rollouts--they work. Remember the early recept to Manningham on a broken playto Alex's LEFT? He needs to keep his eyes downfield because the playmakers are out there. They're getting separation. Alex needs to do more, plain and simple. He is not going to have great protection every play, but he should very minimum produce more than 220 yds a game, with our balanced scheme, and our better than avg. oline

My biggest gripe with Alex is that he seems to only go with one read and if that is no good then the play is f**ked or doesn't get enough yards.. etc.. He also telegraphs the s**t out of his intended target to the defense. If I know where he is going to throw before he does it then the defense is all over it.

Eli Manning is not the best QB but I have watched him play a lot. (cousin from NY staying with me for awhile) One thing he does is make quick choices and good reads fast. Easy to overlook with a guy like that but he goes through three reads quick and then handles the ball well if he has nowhere to go.

Not trying to rip Alex though hope it doesn't come across like that.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by taney71:
I figured people would have chilled by now. Guess not. We are 2-1 and play the Jets next week. Let's go niners!!!!!!!!!

What people don't get is that even the f**king Giants didn't get the type of opening schedule we got, and they won the f**king Superbowl. Who the f**k gives a west coast team a season-opening away game in GB, evening home game, and then two consecutive morning games across the country in the first four weeks? We should be lucky we're so good that we're not f**king 1-2 right now.

We got f**ked in the scheduling dept. raw.

Is there more than one way to type "f**k" and have it show up different? Because I only do "f**k" like this.
It aint but 1 other team left on our schedule that can play our game and that is Seattle and we see them twice. As for the others, they dont have a Lynch AP Wilson or Ponder that can run and make plays on the run. Things should get back to normal from here on out
Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by taney71:
I figured people would have chilled by now. Guess not. We are 2-1 and play the Jets next week. Let's go niners!!!!!!!!!

What people don't get is that even the f**king Giants didn't get the type of opening schedule we got, and they won the f**king Superbowl. Who the f**k gives a west coast team a season-opening away game in GB, evening home game, and then two consecutive morning games across the country in the first four weeks? We should be lucky we're so good that we're not f**king 1-2 right now.

We got f**ked in the scheduling dept. raw.

Is there more than one way to type "f**k" and have it show up different? Because I only do "f**k" like this.

f u c k shows up as f**k but with all the letters and some spaces
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by susweel:
Sucks that we lost but maybe it was needed because their heads were getting a little big.

Freddy P sneaks up on you. I must admit that I am still not too comfortable with all the media attention that we have been receiving ever since we defeated the Giants last regular season. They have not been here when we were losing but man are they here now whispering sweet nothings in our earlobes

Our team is good not great, they need to play their absolute best win games especially on the road. We are gonna get everyones A games every week. Actually don't be surprised if we lose to some more less talented teams. The upcoming game against the jets is gonna be very hard I wouldn't be shocked if we lose.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I just dont get how eveyone thinks the D was the biggest problem when the offense could only muster 13 points.

The defense allowed too many sustained drives.

It's hard to score when you don't have the ball. The Vikings are the first team to really figure out how to play against Fangio's defensive schemes. That, and Willis and Bowman had a a"bad day at the office." It happens.

The 49ers also looked flat. Harbaugh will have them ready to play the J-E-T-S, Jets-Jets-Jets, next week
Sucks that we lost but maybe it was needed because their heads were getting a little big.

Freddy P sneaks up on you. I must admit that I am still not too comfortable with all the media attention that we have been receiving ever since we defeated the Giants last regular season. They have not been here when we were losing but man are they here now whispering sweet nothings in our earlobes

Our team is good not great, they need to play their absolute best win games especially on the road. We are gonna get everyones A games every week. Actually don't be surprised if we lose to some more less talented teams. The upcoming game against the jets is gonna be very hard I wouldn't be shocked if we lose.

I wouldn't mind if they played average through the year turned it on at the end and ran to the superbowl like the Giants or the 2010 Packers. Too bad our division might get in the way of that (surprise wtf?).
Took me a few hours but I'm over the loss now, let's move on to week 2.

The Jets are not very disciplined in general. There is not a threat like AP or Harvin on offense and Sanchez is erratic. They are however at home and their crowd will be ready. I expect for us to rebound rather nicely barring the injury report. No one can claim greatness except for the defending champs, but we are very good and knocking on the door, the Jets however are not. We just got beat by a team that was equipped and prepared to beat us at our own game. Something that our team has not faced a lot at all. What we did last season was inspirational for a lot of teams and now they are quickly adapting to our style of play. When u have an athletic QB that can make good decisions like Ponder did and you have a rushing attack spearheaded by APand a playmaker like Harvin, you can mimic our attack because you then have your Alex, Gore and VD
Originally posted by billbird2111:
It's hard to score when you don't have the ball. The Vikings are the first team to really figure out how to play against Fangio's defensive schemes. That, and Willis and Bowman had a a"bad day at the office." It happens.

The 49ers also looked flat. Harbaugh will have them ready to play the J-E-T-S, Jets-Jets-Jets, next week

DET tried to but they did not have MIN personnel to pull it off. I thought Linehan called a very good game but they lacked personnel
Once tape comes out on Smith, teams will have a great game plan on stopping him.

Nobody on this webzone can tell me that it is not easy to have a great game plan to stop Alex Smith from beating you. it is as easy as apple pie to stop Alex Smith.

And many will say, "its one game, chill." of course it is, but is Alex a 'step on your throat qb'? hell no, he's not and he will never be. He is SOOOO LIMITED ITS NOTEVEN FUNNY.

Just as a side note: after we lost, I'm scanning the channels, turn to the Texans game, just in time to see Matt Fnn Shaub wind up and throw a freaking bomb to some receiver who nobody even knows for a td down the middle of the field.f**k man, we couldn't even beat Minnesotas safeties, FML

There is no tape. Our passing game is mostly off of playaction run plays. Almost all of the good plays are off the fake. The other passing plays are contingent up on receivers, pass protection and read progression when we go spread. And on those, Smith is susceptible to pass rush and good coverage to move the ball as an offense like any other qb. It's up to our guys on offense and Smith to step up and make the plays. There's really no magic to our offense, if they execute it's good, when they don't, it's bad. Same with the other team's defense. If they can disrupt, take away guys that Smith is comfortable with, force him to find someone else in limited time in the pocket, they will be good for the most part.

It's still early so the offense right now as a whole can't respond to those area that the defense is forcing them to do quick enough or well enough. Just has to go through the process of getting better.

I respectfully disagree. There is way to stop Alex and thats to pressure up the gut to get him out of the pocket; cut the field in half. Then roll the linebacker in the soft zone to cover the intermediate. Expect Crabs to carry his 6 yd completions in the passing game with a few shot plays to Vernon.

Another poster mentioned spot on that we'll struggle with our running game lacking. No wonder we got six running backs on the roster.

You guys have to see our lack of passing game, you have to see it, please, you guys are killing me. C'mon fellas.

So what is the issue then? Bad play design, or our QB is inept at passing the ball, or WRs unable to get open or make the play? Not enough pass plays? Not trying to down play what you said but tell me what is lacking. The term "passing game" has a million different aspects to it.

It's sadly a blame on the pass protect to compile on the lack of vision, lack of anticipation, lack of trusting in our receivers to make a tough catch, lack of poise to hang in the pocket a second longer(he's getting better at that honestly) from our qb.

The play calling is conservative, but it's also insanely productive if executed. Think about designed rollouts--they work. Remember the early recept to Manningham on a broken playto Alex's LEFT? He needs to keep his eyes downfield because the playmakers are out there. They're getting separation. Alex needs to do more, plain and simple. He is not going to have great protection every play, but he should very minimum produce more than 220 yds a game, with our balanced scheme, and our better than avg. oline

My biggest gripe with Alex is that he seems to only go with one read and if that is no good then the play is f**ked or doesn't get enough yards.. etc.. He also telegraphs the s**t out of his intended target to the defense. If I know where he is going to throw before he does it then the defense is all over it.

Eli Manning is not the best QB but I have watched him play a lot. (cousin from NY staying with me for awhile) One thing he does is make quick choices and good reads fast. Easy to overlook with a guy like that but he goes through three reads quick and then handles the ball well if he has nowhere to go.

Not trying to rip Alex though hope it doesn't come across like that.

It's legitimate. I agree he is slow at progression. I think most think we have already have our ceiling in Smith. It just pains me so bad because I feel we leave so many plays out on the field, week in and week out. We could've scored 40 on the Lions. Too many drives end with, pick one: a throw away, a high throw incomplete, a short pass to outlet because a non-throw to 1st or 2nd read, a sack, a qb run out of a pass rush.

Alex needs to put the ball in his receivers hands. He needs to stand tall and deliver more than sideline outs and 5 yard curls. I know our receivers are running open because we see it
I just dont get how eveyone thinks the D was the biggest problem when the offense could only muster 13 points.

Actually only ten points because three was from the KW kick return.

So you guys are giving the defense that gave up 24 pts a pass. And who is this 'everyone' .... it was a team loss we got out played by the Vikes.

It wasn't a good day for this defense, but 24 points? Come on, bro! Its 24 stinking points, not exactly a blow out. This offense should be able over come that.
It's legitimate. I agree he is slow at progression. I think most think we have already have our ceiling in Smith. It just pains me so bad because I feel we leave so many plays out on the field, week in and week out. We could've scored 40 on the Lions. Too many drives end with, pick one: a throw away, a high throw incomplete, a short pass to outlet because a non-throw to 1st or 2nd read, a sack, a qb run out of a pass rush.

Alex needs to put the ball in his receivers hands. He needs to stand tall and deliver more than sideline outs and 5 yard curls. I know our receivers are running open because we see it

If this is the case then our coaches have to show this to Alex on film then demand that he makes those plays if that is what it takes to win. Personally I don't care much about how much we score, I just want us to win. If not Alex then someone please. Today defensively and offensively we did not give ourselves an opportunity to win this road game

Actually only ten points because three was from the KW kick return.

So you guys are giving the defense that gave up 24 pts a pass. And who is this 'everyone' .... it was a team loss we got out played by the Vikes.

It wasn't a good day for this defense, but 24 points? Come on, bro! Its 24 stinking points, not exactly a blow out. This offense should be able over come that.

24 points on very long drives lots of third and short conversions and almost 35 minutes time of possession. MIN had a very nice day offensively vs our defense. It is what we have done to every one else and they did it to us today. It was picture perfect scenario for them
Doesn't it seem like Alex and Harbaugh are content with keeping the game close in the first three quarters with a lack of big play chances. It could be just me