LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 362 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 3)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I just dont get how eveyone thinks the D was the biggest problem when the offense could only muster 13 points.

The creativity that we showed in the first two games wasn't there today. And that falls on Roman. I'm not sold on him as a good to great OC. He becomes very predictable and all too often goes full retard (like the series that Kyle set us up inside the 15). We should have gotten Gore going earlier. Besides the fumble, he was having a beast of a game. He was averaging over 5 yards a pop, but they only gave him 12 carries. That's not our game. Even with all our new toys on offense, he is STILL our bell cow. We are a run heavy team, even if we are more balanced this year. What I saw today was not balanced.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Alex is too quick to keep it conservative himself. With the game under control, Alex is a methodical, sloooow tempo play caller who wants everything in the play to work likes well oiled machine with no breakdowns. It's tough to succeed in that mentality--think 2011 NFCCG.

Although sometimes we see glimpses of a 'backed up to a corner' gamer who can put the ball where it needs to be, but we need to see more of that. And with others other than Davis. It shouldn't take three years for a trust to be developed with his receivers and that's what we're seeing from him.

So you are saying Alex Smith is the AntiChrist?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by susweel:
I just dont get how eveyone thinks the D was the biggest problem when the offense could only muster 13 points.

Actually only ten points because three was from the KW kick return.

So you guys are giving the defense that gave up 24 pts a pass. And who is this 'everyone' .... it was a team loss we got out played by the Vikes.

Yes because they always bail out the offense but sometimes the offense needs to return the favor.

So you guys are giving the defense that gave up 24 pts a pass. And who is this 'everyone' .... it was a team loss we got out played by the Vikes.

Yes because they always bail out the offense but sometimes the offense needs to return the favor.

I agree with you.

No not always...only in the playoffs. The offense needs to get their sh*t together I agree. They have good players this year to do so. People need to realized it's only the 3rd game of the season. And the offense actually did their job somewhat in the first 2 games.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 23, 2012 at 5:29 PM ]
Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Alex is too quick to keep it conservative himself. With the game under control, Alex is a methodical, sloooow tempo play caller who wants everything in the play to work likes well oiled machine with no breakdowns. It's tough to succeed in that mentality--think 2011 NFCCG.

Although sometimes we see glimpses of a 'backed up to a corner' gamer who can put the ball where it needs to be, but we need to see more of that. And with others other than Davis. It shouldn't take three years for a trust to be developed with his receivers and that's what we're seeing from him.

So you are saying Alex Smith is the AntiChrist?

I don't get it
Originally posted by Vikinghere4today:
MY VIKES REALLY SERVED UP SOME HUMBLE PIE!!!!!! I went back about 250 pages just to the sweet cockiness! SKOL VIKINGS@@@

Also, you guys can chill now. The responses to this game are very angry...

It is a long season bud. Stick around, and just like we will try to do, win your division. Don't let this be your Super Bowl
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
No not always...only in the playoffs.

Still got five turnovers, lol
Originally posted by taney71:
I figured people would have chilled by now. Guess not. We are 2-1 and play the Jets next week. Let's go niners!!!!!!!!!

What people don't get is that even the f**king Giants didn't get the type of opening schedule we got, and they won the f**king Superbowl. Who the f**k gives a west coast team a season-opening away game in GB, evening home game, and then two consecutive morning games across the country in the first four weeks? We should be lucky we're so good that we're not f**king 1-2 right now.

We got f**ked in the scheduling dept. raw.

The defense allowed too many sustained drives.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Sucks that we lost but maybe it was needed because their heads were getting a little big.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by taney71:
I figured people would have chilled by now. Guess not. We are 2-1 and play the Jets next week. Let's go niners!!!!!!!!!

What people don't get is that even the f**king Giants didn't get the type of opening schedule we got, and they won the f**king Superbowl. Who the f**k gives a west coast team a season-opening away game in GB, evening home game, and then two consecutive morning games across the country in the first four weeks? We should be lucky we're so good that we're not f**king 1-2 right now.

We got f**ked in the scheduling dept. raw.

There were aplenty saying that we would be 0-2 before this contest. We have performed admirably considering. We lost to a team that was prepared to play our game and they pulled it off
No not always...only in the playoffs.

Still got five turnovers, lol

The offense needs to get their sh*t together I agree. They have good players this year to do so. People need to realized it's only the 3rd game of the season. And the offense actually did their job somewhat in the first 2 games.
Sucks that we lost but maybe it was needed because their heads were getting a little big.

agree with you on this.

Freddy P sneaks up on you. I must admit that I am still not too comfortable with all the media attention that we have been receiving ever since we defeated the Giants last regular season. They have not been here when we were losing but man are they here now whispering sweet nothings in our earlobes
Share 49ersWebzone