There are 193 users in the forums

Surprised there is so little outrage that Akers lost NFC Special Teams Player of the Week

Shop Find 49ers gear online
well they did storm the embassy in egypt
Originally posted by oldman9er:
don't see why people curr so much about these lil "awards" anyway...

For the same reason people discuss power rankings, or resort to whining about details, or any of the other things that goes on during the week. The fact is that niners football really only lasts about 4 hours a week. So everyone gets excited and has nothing else to talk about after the great post-game threads have petered out.

At this point in the week, I will gladly read a two page thread about whether Akers should have won the stpow award. Its stupid and meaningless, but the Lions game is still 3 days away.
This is what I do while I wait for Sunday.........
Originally posted by nannite:

For the same reason people discuss power rankings, or resort to whining about details, or any of the other things that goes on during the week. The fact is that niners football really only lasts about 4 hours a week. So everyone gets excited and has nothing else to talk about after the great post-game threads have petered out.

At this point in the week, I will gladly read a two page thread about whether Akers should have won the stpow award. Its stupid and meaningless, but the Lions game is still 3 days away.

also don't curr about the power rankings or talking heads... but analyzing the details to plays is important to me.

If some wish to to twist and translate that analysis into whining, that's their choice... but I'd call it a cop-out and them preferring to stick their heads in the sand.
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Would you rather have weekly awards or a superbowl? Because I think I know what Harbaugh's answer might be...just curious as to what yours is.

It's not like you can only have one or the other.
he tied an nfl record, i'm sure he doesn't care lol
I got an idea! How about we make a thread of all the NFL players from each week, we have a vote on who makes the cut for that week, then we vote on only 49ers to win the weekly award!

It will be called REAL player of the week! Then everyone will be happy and plus it would be great fun.
[ Edited by Jesu80ncleats on Sep 13, 2012 at 10:44 AM ]

also don't curr about the power rankings or talking heads... but analyzing the details to plays is important to me.

If some wish to to twist and translate that analysis into whining, that's their choice... but I'd call it a cop-out and them preferring to stick their heads in the sand.

I love the post-game analysis you and marvin do (but wish they were in separate threads...). I wish those posts could last all week. But after a day or two, the big topics have been thoroughly analyzed. People still want to talk about the 49ers, but all the good topics are done. So the board resort to power rankings, awards, over-analyzing etc. over-analysis, impatience and boredom usually lead to whining.
I love the post-game analysis you and marvin do (but wish they were in separate threads...). I wish those posts could last all week. But after a day or two, the big topics have been thoroughly analyzed. People still want to talk about the 49ers, but all the good topics are done. So the board resort to power rankings, awards, over-analyzing etc. over-analysis, impatience and boredom usually lead to whining.

Ah... I now understand better what you meant. I'm still working on mine, but only two more offensive series left to do for GB. It just takes all week to find the time to complete. I hear ya though.. after a couple days, most people are just ready to move on to the next matchup or have rehashed the handful of truly controversial plays to death already.

Who won it?

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Who won it?

Travis Goethel Raiders long snapper
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Who won it?

Travis Goethel Raiders long snapper
Share 49ersWebzone