LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Surprised there is so little outrage that Akers lost NFC Special Teams Player of the Week

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Just sayin. It's not like I hope he gets it this week either. I want it to rain touchdowns on Detroit all first half so the second half is a tranquil Niner lovefest. I know the kid in Minnesota did good, but 63 yards dammit.
Would you rather have weekly awards or a superbowl? Because I think I know what Harbaugh's answer might be...just curious as to what yours is.
don't see why people curr so much about these lil "awards" anyway...
I think Akers deserved the award as well. But at the end of the day id rather be in the record book then have a weekly award. I'm sure hes got a few of thos under his belt already. GO NINERS
Akers got jobbed.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
He should have won it. Very impressive kick since the others were in mile high or in a dome. Aker's has to have the more impressive kick. He should've won it on that basis alone. Next up, HOF!
He should have won it, but it doesn't matter. Weekly awards are worthless. They are forgotten the next week.
Akers's 63 yard kick puts him as one of four to have ever done it. Another record for him.
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Akers got jobbed.

lol jobbed
Back when we were on the fringes of being a competing team, we could have the time to care about things as "Special Teams Player of the Week". It was our validation for believing that the play on the field was good enough to win, even if it wasn't. We don't need such trivialities now.
Originally posted by Chico:
He should have won it. Very impressive kick since the others were in mile high or in a dome. Aker's has to have the more impressive kick. He should've won it on that basis alone. Next up, HOF!

That other kick wasn't in a dome.

I call b******t to all these poster who say that they don't care about the awards or what the talking heads say. Yes you are right that it doesn't matter, but as fans the only thing we have is our team and the respect that they get. If they earn the respect it should be given. It at least irritates you a little bit when our team is flat out ignored or when they make up stats to make them look bad. I'll take a superbowl (if we get there) over the hype but at the same time, we should get both! :P
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
I call b******t to all these poster who say that they don't care about the awards or what the talking heads say. Yes you are right that it doesn't matter, but as fans the only thing we have is our team and the respect that they get. If they earn the respect it should be given. It at least irritates you a little bit when our team is flat out ignored or when they make up stats to make them look bad. I'll take a superbowl (if we get there) over the hype but at the same time, we should get both! :P

Ignorance irritates me... when people speak about things they don't really know about... that irritates me. Piddly lil awards from week to week don't mean jack-sh*t to me. That is truth.
it was the only way they could cover that horrible game without mentioning AP
Should he have won it? YEAH!

Am I upset? NO?

I'd be totally BUMMED if we lost the game - that's really counts.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Ignorance irritates me... when people speak about things they don't really know about... that irritates me. Piddly lil awards from week to week don't mean jack-sh*t to me. That is truth.

I'm a little different.

I don't care if they don't give the recognition, but I'm happy for the player if they do.

I know it really means nothing, but it's still kinda nice when they win.

At the end of the day, we all know that Akers is a bawse.
Share 49ersWebzone