LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 305 users in the forums

It's officially time to stop the (49er) whining.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Great post man, I've been thinking of writing something similar myself. For all of us who were around through the near decade of ineptness this is heaven, this is what we've been clamoring for, this is greatness. Anybody who's complaining, imo, wasn't around for our 49er dark ages and doesn't realize how rare what we have is.

Cheers boys, let's enjoy
To me there is nothing wrong with re-watching a game or even not re-watching it and pointing out the good and the bad. You don't think the team re-watches the game and breaks down the film finding things they did well and not so well? Yeah, they don't watch the game... they just pretend like there was not one single flaw or mistake the entire game. If the coaches and players are trying to get better why can't we point out things that could be better? I think as long as you point out the good with the bad than it's fine. What would happen if the players had that mentality of well we won the game so we were perfect? What if the Eagles thought that way because they won the game.... by 1 point against the Browns. Players and coaches have that mentality that we can always get better. I agree though we should all cherish this but I'm not going to agree that there isn't room for improvement.

Edit: Although, I agree about the media/power rankings. Sure they are something to look at and it's nice to see where they are but I would agree but too many people take them too serious. No reason to get mad over it. Same with expert picks. Most just go with the favorites which any casual fan can do. Disagree, point them out but no need to get upset over it. Also, one thing I noticed is how it seems like everyone needs to post anything said good or bad about the media. Sure it was nice posting these things when we were a bad team and rarely got media attention but no days we get enough attention to the point where we don't need a new thread every time someone says something. That's just my opinion.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 11, 2012 at 3:34 PM ]
Great post, Nick! I was going to post on this topic yesterday and never got around to it. You definitely added some style and POP! to your post, but the message is clear. Our Niners are back and there is nothing to complain about at this point. Can't wait to see our boys b***h slap the Lions on Sunday night! GO NINERS!
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Oh, the irony....

Creating a whiny thread about whinning....LOL

Oh, quit your whining about this whiny thread!

Easy for you to say, you own Apple stock...
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by DirtyP:
<blockquote class="quote">
2. Criticism of Players Who Don't Deserve It - Let's be clear- I am not talking about Alex Smith so much. I'm talking about those on this board who are blasting the players who are not permanent, standout, Pro Bowl studs. Look, I get that the bar has been raised. Yes, a good amount of the team is really, really, really damn good. But every player on an NFL roster is not going to the Pro Bowl. Players who have gotten that treatment this week include Dashon Goldson, Delanie Walker, Joe Staley, and even some going after Patrick Willis and Navorro Bowman. And yes, I know I've been defending Walker a lot this year ever since that whole Coby-Fleener-movement happened (a lot of fans think he's the new Arnaz Battle a below-average holdover from a previous era).

Yet, the armchair, fan-coaching on this board is killing me so far this week. Not every player is going to be perfect all the time. They get tired, they get dinged, and they make mistakes like the rest of us. Please try to remember how awful some of the players used to be on the 49ers during the Nolan & Singletary eras (Kwame, Rumph, Sammy Davis, Mark Roman, etc) and keep things in perspective. Your take on Navorro Bowman's "lack-luster tackling efforts" or Randy Moss being "seemingly upset" about his role on offense are unfounded and uninformed. You are not Matt Maiocco. Stop looking for issues that aren't issues.

This is spot on

Moss did appear irritated as he was coming off the field a time or two.

Until I read about it being a problem from a credible source, I refuse to believe it is worth talking about.
All old man did was point out an observation. You made it a bigger deal than anybody else.
Whine bag!
2. Criticism of Players Who Don't Deserve It - Let's be clear- I am not talking about Alex Smith so much. I'm talking about those on this board who are blasting the players who are not permanent, standout, Pro Bowl studs. Look, I get that the bar has been raised. Yes, a good amount of the team is really, really, really damn good. But every player on an NFL roster is not going to the Pro Bowl. Players who have gotten that treatment this week include Dashon Goldson, Delanie Walker, Joe Staley, and even some going after Patrick Willis and Navorro Bowman. And yes, I know I've been defending Walker a lot this year ever since that whole Coby-Fleener-movement happened (a lot of fans think he's the new Arnaz Battle a below-average holdover from a previous era).

Yet, the armchair, fan-coaching on this board is killing me so far this week. Not every player is going to be perfect all the time. They get tired, they get dinged, and they make mistakes like the rest of us. Please try to remember how awful some of the players used to be on the 49ers during the Nolan & Singletary eras (Kwame, Rumph, Sammy Davis, Mark Roman, etc) and keep things in perspective. Your take on Navorro Bowman's "lack-luster tackling efforts" or Randy Moss being "seemingly upset" about his role on offense are unfounded and uninformed. You are not Matt Maiocco. Stop looking for issues that aren't issues.

This is spot on

Until I read about it being a problem from a credible source, I refuse to believe it is worth talking about.

All old man did was point out an observation. You made it a bigger deal than anybody else.
Whine bag!

Obviously
I thought the thread read '...time to stop the 49er winning'.

LOL @ going out of your way to compose this rant about whining on a message board. It's the Internet homie, it really shouldn't be that big of a deal to anyone. Let them whine. Who cares? (that question was obviously rhetorical because this thread proves that YOU care for some reason).

Remember, people do as they please on the Internet because they'll never have to deal with anybody else in real life. Your quest to stop the whining will end in disappointment. Get used to the fact that people need something to cry about at all times.
  • NONAME
  • Go Raiders
Good post! Read it all, and agree

Originally posted by 49erRider:
LOL @ going out of your way to compose this rant about whining on a message board. It's the Internet homie, it really shouldn't be that big of a deal to anyone. Let them whine. Who cares? (that question was obviously rhetorical because this thread proves that YOU care for some reason).

Remember, people do as they please on the Internet because they'll never have to deal with anybody else in real life. Your quest to stop the whining will end in disappointment. Get used to the fact that people need something to cry about at all times.

I'm never afraid to fight the good fight, as pointless as it may often be. You can agree with me or not... no biggie.
I have no idea what a game manager is, but if what Alex Smith is now is a game manager Im all for it. The fact is that Alex is an elite talent at QB.

This is spot on

Quote:

Whine bag!

• Garce
  • Veteran

Originally posted by Garcia:

My fantasy team this year is called Straight Ca$h Homie.
Share 49ersWebzone