There are 147 users in the forums

It's officially time to stop the (49er) whining.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
The 49ers are the unanimous #1 on the power rankings though?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000061073/article/nfl-power-rankings-robert-griffin-iiiled-redskins-shoot-up?module=HP11_hot_topics

Some sites have the Ravens or Patriots higher. OH NOES!!!

On what the bleacher report? lol

Actually, Matt Miller on Bleacher Report has us No. 1.

well than bleacher report is obviously credible, they know their s**t.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000061073/article/nfl-power-rankings-robert-griffin-iiiled-redskins-shoot-up?module=HP11_hot_topics

Actually, Matt Miller on Bleacher Report has us No. 1.

well than bleacher report is obviously credible, they know their s**t.

Yeah, a lot of writers on that site actually do.

2. Criticism of Players Who Don't Deserve It - Let's be clear- I am not talking about Alex Smith so much. I'm talking about those on this board who are blasting the players who are not permanent, standout, Pro Bowl studs. Look, I get that the bar has been raised. Yes, a good amount of the team is really, really, really damn good. But every player on an NFL roster is not going to the Pro Bowl. Players who have gotten that treatment this week include Dashon Goldson, Delanie Walker, Joe Staley, and even some going after Patrick Willis and Navorro Bowman. And yes, I know I've been defending Walker a lot this year ever since that whole Coby-Fleener-movement happened (a lot of fans think he's the new Arnaz Battle a below-average holdover from a previous era).

Yet, the armchair, fan-coaching on this board is killing me so far this week. Not every player is going to be perfect all the time. They get tired, they get dinged, and they make mistakes like the rest of us. Please try to remember how awful some of the players used to be on the 49ers during the Nolan & Singletary eras (Kwame, Rumph, Sammy Davis, Mark Roman, etc) and keep things in perspective. Your take on Navorro Bowman's "lack-luster tackling efforts" or Randy Moss being "seemingly upset" about his role on offense are unfounded and uninformed. You are not Matt Maiocco. Stop looking for issues that aren't issues.

This is spot on
Great post Nick, totally agreed. So much senseless whining I've seen around here. I think most of the 9er fans don't realize that with this ownership + coaching staff, we can be one of the top franchises in the NFL for years to come.
Originally posted by DirtyP:

2. Criticism of Players Who Don't Deserve It - Let's be clear- I am not talking about Alex Smith so much. I'm talking about those on this board who are blasting the players who are not permanent, standout, Pro Bowl studs. Look, I get that the bar has been raised. Yes, a good amount of the team is really, really, really damn good. But every player on an NFL roster is not going to the Pro Bowl. Players who have gotten that treatment this week include Dashon Goldson, Delanie Walker, Joe Staley, and even some going after Patrick Willis and Navorro Bowman. And yes, I know I've been defending Walker a lot this year ever since that whole Coby-Fleener-movement happened (a lot of fans think he's the new Arnaz Battle a below-average holdover from a previous era).

Yet, the armchair, fan-coaching on this board is killing me so far this week. Not every player is going to be perfect all the time. They get tired, they get dinged, and they make mistakes like the rest of us. Please try to remember how awful some of the players used to be on the 49ers during the Nolan & Singletary eras (Kwame, Rumph, Sammy Davis, Mark Roman, etc) and keep things in perspective. Your take on Navorro Bowman's "lack-luster tackling efforts" or Randy Moss being "seemingly upset" about his role on offense are unfounded and uninformed. You are not Matt Maiocco. Stop looking for issues that aren't issues.

This is spot on

Moss did appear irritated as he was coming off the field a time or two.

Great Post! Perfect POV and wholeheartedly agree.
We have had a sucky team and not much support from the NFL and the Media for over 10 years. I think our b***hing has a bit of momentum left...I am confident we can eck at least a couple of seasons out of it before we have to stop with the whole woe is me routine.
Found the OP to be entertaining, but yeah, not gonna happen. If you want every 49ers fan to not point out things that can and need to be improved upon? By doing what we do, we are not saying we know more than the coaches... we are simply saying we notice things and want them better.

But you prefer to sit around all week and only tell ghost stories, roast marsh-mellows, or sing bouts of Kumbaya?

Yeah, good luck with that, bro.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
then what will I do.

Originally posted by oldman9er:
Found the OP to be entertaining, but yeah, not gonna happen. If you want every 49ers fan to not point out things that can and need to be improved upon? By doing what we do, we are not saying we know more than the coaches... we are simply saying we notice things and want them better.

But you prefer to sit around all week and only tell ghost stories, roast marsh-mellows, or sing bouts of Kumbaya?

Difference between saying what we need to improve upon and saying moss looks like he's taking a s**t in his pants because he's so mad he's not getting passes his way in the first game of the season.

Originally posted by Method:

Difference between saying what we need to improve upon and saying moss looks like he's taking a s**t in his pants because he's so mad he's not getting passes his way in the first game of the season.

lol... don't know about dropping a load in his pants, but there's no question he looked a bit peeved while coming off the field at (I think) the 1:37 mark 3rd quarter.

I see nothing... nothing... wrong with noting this. I'm frankly surprised others take issue with it. No one ahould twist this into "OMGzzz Randy's gonna blow a gasket and become TEAM OBLITERATOR!!!!"
Originally posted by Method:

lol... don't know about dropping a load in his pants, but there's no question he looked a bit peeved while coming off the field at (I think) the 1:37 mark 3rd quarter.

I see nothing... nothing... wrong with noting this. I'm frankly surprised others take issue with it. No one ahould twist this into "OMGzzz Randy's gonna blow a gasket and become TEAM OBLITERATOR!!!!"

Yep
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
The second i get done reading this thread this pops up on my twitter feed:

49erswebzone ‏@49erswebzone

The Patriots top most power rankings today with the 49ers at number 2. Who do you think is better? #49ers

ESPN has the Pats #1. OH NOES!!!!!!!

I wouldn't have much to argue against that anyway. The Pats look just as good as they did on offense last season and look to have a much improved defense. Anybody being objective has us top 3 with the Pats and Ravens the order of the 3 is really insignificant.
The OP is correct.

Look, it's perfectly fine to have high standards and even point out things, but it's correct.....some of things people say on here have me shaking my head. I'm waiting for the sarcasm smiley or whatever, and when I don't see it, I have a hard time believing what I just wrote.

Just remember what our offense looked like against Seattle, Dallas, and Cincinnati to start 2011.....could anyone have predicted THEN that we would be THIS close to the super bowl?? That Bengals game might have been the worst offensive showing I've ever seen of the 2011 team....holy crap. If anything it just highlighted how awesome our defense was.

Green Bay may not have an all world defense, but I cannot recall a regular season game last year where Smith played this efficiently....Tampa maybe?

I fully expect better each week. A lot to be content about.

It's funny, the EXPERTS and even rival fanbases very quickly have given us top billing all over this one game. I was blown away by what I've been reading especially considering how different these opinions were only a week ago.

We are being our own worst enemy on here. The greatness is noticed first by our fans, but then we are the last to accept that we have overcome our limitations.

Thankfully the team's performance has very little correlation with what goes on here (e.g. Pittsburgh game after Arizona loss). It's just annoying to see whining.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Sep 11, 2012 at 1:43 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone