LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 365 users in the forums

It's officially time to stop the (49er) whining.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by NickSh49:

2. Criticism of Players Who Don't Deserve It - Let's be clear- I am not talking about Alex Smith so much. I'm talking about those on this board who are blasting the players who are not permanent, standout, Pro Bowl studs. Look, I get that the bar has been raised. Yes, a good amount of the team is really, really, really damn good. But every player on an NFL roster is not going to the Pro Bowl. Players who have gotten that treatment this week include Dashon Goldson, Delanie Walker, Joe Staley, and even some going after Patrick Willis and Navorro Bowman. And yes, I know I've been defending Walker a lot this year ever since that whole Coby-Fleener-movement happened (a lot of fans think he's the new Arnaz Battle a below-average holdover from a previous era).

Yet, the armchair, fan-coaching on this board is killing me so far this week. Not every player is going to be perfect all the time. They get tired, they get dinged, and they make mistakes like the rest of us. Please try to remember how awful some of the players used to be on the 49ers during the Nolan & Singletary eras (Kwame, Rumph, Sammy Davis, Mark Roman, etc) and keep things in perspective. Your take on Navorro Bowman's "lack-luster tackling efforts" or Randy Moss being "seemingly upset" about his role on offense are unfounded and uninformed. You are not Matt Maiocco. Stop looking for issues that aren't issues.

This is spot on

Moss did appear irritated as he was coming off the field a time or two.

Until I read about it being a problem from a credible source, I refuse to believe it is worth talking about.
I like it so much, I'm making it Officially official.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
All I know is if Kap started that game we would have won by 30 points easily.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I like it so much, I'm making it Officially official.

I feel special.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
The OP is correct.

Look, it's perfectly fine to have high standards and even point out things, but it's correct.....some of things people say on here have me shaking my head. I'm waiting for the sarcasm smiley or whatever, and when I don't see it, I have a hard time believing what I just wrote.

Just remember what our offense looked like against Seattle, Dallas, and Cincinnati to start 2011.....could anyone have predicted THEN that we would be THIS close to the super bowl?? That Bengals game might have been the worst offensive showing I've ever seen of the 2011 team....holy crap. If anything it just highlighted how awesome our defense was.

Green Bay may not have an all world defense, but I cannot recall a regular season game last year where Smith played this efficiently....Tampa maybe?

I fully expect better each week. A lot to be content about.

It's funny, the EXPERTS and even rival fanbases very quickly have given us top billing all over this one game. I was blown away by what I've been reading especially considering how different these opinions were only a week ago.

We are being our own worst enemy on here. The greatness is noticed first by our fans, but then we are the last to accept that we have overcome our limitations.

Thankfully the team's performance has very little correlation with what goes on here (e.g. Pittsburgh game after Arizona loss). It's just annoying to see whining.

Yeah other teams are scared. Lions message boards are pissing themselves having to come to SF and play us. And they are short handed.
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by NickSh49:

2. Criticism of Players Who Don't Deserve It - Let's be clear- I am not talking about Alex Smith so much. I'm talking about those on this board who are blasting the players who are not permanent, standout, Pro Bowl studs. Look, I get that the bar has been raised. Yes, a good amount of the team is really, really, really damn good. But every player on an NFL roster is not going to the Pro Bowl. Players who have gotten that treatment this week include Dashon Goldson, Delanie Walker, Joe Staley, and even some going after Patrick Willis and Navorro Bowman. And yes, I know I've been defending Walker a lot this year ever since that whole Coby-Fleener-movement happened (a lot of fans think he's the new Arnaz Battle a below-average holdover from a previous era).

Yet, the armchair, fan-coaching on this board is killing me so far this week. Not every player is going to be perfect all the time. They get tired, they get dinged, and they make mistakes like the rest of us. Please try to remember how awful some of the players used to be on the 49ers during the Nolan & Singletary eras (Kwame, Rumph, Sammy Davis, Mark Roman, etc) and keep things in perspective. Your take on Navorro Bowman's "lack-luster tackling efforts" or Randy Moss being "seemingly upset" about his role on offense are unfounded and uninformed. You are not Matt Maiocco. Stop looking for issues that aren't issues.

This is spot on

I don't. Goldson and Staley ARE pro bowlers

But as to your points, amen...get in here fans (group hug); it's been a LONG ride but the Niners are back!
Originally posted by susweel:

I'm frankly very disappointed, that it took you this long to write something negative.
I agree, but NT is gonna NT. Wait till the first loss. This board is gonna drown in Negative Nancy's and Debbie Downers. Just the way it is.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:

I'm frankly very disappointed, that it took you this long to write something negative.

haha yah all this winning is cramping my style.

Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:

haha yah all this winning is cramping my style.

Oh, the irony....

Creating a whiny thread about whinning....LOL
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Oh, the irony....

Creating a whiny thread about whinning....LOL

Oh, quit your whining about this whiny thread!
AWESOME
Originally posted by jreff22:
Doesn't this thread constitute whining?

Share 49ersWebzone