LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Thank You thread to Harbaugh, Baalke, York and Gideon Yu

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I was numb after watching the 49ers beat the Green Bay Packers on Sunday. The team was dominant and balanced in all aspects of the game. Some of us have short memories, but watching the MNF game with the Raiders and the Chargers made me realize how far this team has progressed in the last few years.

Harbaugh- You have done it all, NFL qb, brought USD program to new heights, brought Stanford football to new heights, groomed several top draft picks, accepted the 49ers job when other NFL coaching jobs might have payed you more. You have performed above expectations and I want to Thank YOU for finally giving us an offense that is not as predictable as past regimes. I remember attending a home game, and the TE's shifted, causing an eruption of clapping, you waived yoru arms down to quite down, not big deal, but to us fans it was a milestone moment.

Baalke- You have also performed beyond expectations. The team lacked WR explosiveness, you addressed that in FA and the draft. The niners needed to increase offensive firepower, you took care of that. The 49ers in 2011 and 2012 have the best 3 qb's in over a decade ont their roster!! The defense returned intact, the team has depth, the PS is developing players that will probably be on the active roster in 2013. I almost need to pinch myself, you are the man.

York- The stadium is being built, (this is enough for a huge thank you), but most important you have hired the aforementioned experts and given them control. Also the new president and co owner gideon yu (everything he touches turns to gold) was brilliant. He will bring the niners into the new technology era and give you ample time to focus on the stadium.

Gideon Yu- You created or worked with several start up companies. You are the american dream, making it then buying into a dream job of president and co ownership of one of the most storied NFL franchises.

I have gone from being a cynical fan (in the dark days of Erickson, Nolan and Singletary) to a positive fan. I no longer feel the need to criticize, but look at the glass as 99% full. NFL is entertainment, and last Sundays game was great entertainment!!

Thank you one and all for bringing some respect back to the Bay Area.
Only two comments to add would be that Baalke has stockpiled draft picks for next year, which can be used to trade up or down next year, or keep stockpiling picks every year like NE

That way, if you do miss on a guy like Slowey (Cam Johnson and Fleming got hurt) it is not that big of a deal, especially when you are also excelling at FA

I'd also add Paraag and his cap magic
yup, everyone is doing GREAT!....but can we get the old Sourdough Sam back please???
Originally posted by Afrikan:
yup, everyone is doing GREAT!....but can we get the old Sourdough Sam back please???

lol
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by Afrikan:

lol

And they need to double the chearleading squad and have them wear sexier outfits once they move to warm Santa Clara.!!! Maybe they can work on one of the big screens being focused 100% on the cheerleaders the whole time. This would make TV time outs a lot more interesting.
I am thankful that I can watch a game and enjoy it as a fan and not try to analyze the game, rewind and figure out who is f**king up.
Especially good that York doesn't micro=manage like Al Davis. It will beat least 3 years before the Raiders can overcome his screwups. [Hee-hee - thanks for Crabtree Al]

Baalke is so good. Paraag [sp?] is hugely important and there must be many others behind the scenes that make significant contributions that we just don't know about.

I hope we can keep this FO/Coaching team together for a very long time.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I am thankful that I can watch a game and enjoy it as a fan and not try to analyze the game, rewind and figure out who is f**king up.

This for sure! Even my girlfriend has commented on how last season and this year so far I'm not screaming and slamming my stuffed 49ers football all over the place. Thank you so much to all involved in turning around the whole 49ers organization from top to bottom.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by Joecool:

This for sure! Even my girlfriend has commented on how last season and this year so far I'm not screaming and slamming my stuffed 49ers football all over the place. Thank you so much to all involved in turning around the whole 49ers organization from top to bottom.

So far this season, I haven't thrown my 49ers hat. Which is extremely weird. Everytime something bad happened, I would throw it and knock something over, spill a beer, etc. Even when things go bad this year (like Hunter's fumble on the kickoff return), I stay calm and collected because I know we'll overcome it.

Thanks to everyone in the organization.
[ Edited by ElDannMann on Sep 19, 2012 at 9:47 PM ]
Hurray for Everything!

Don't forget Paraag! That man is a salary cap genius!

Outside of his amazing manipulation of the cap, I remember his handling of the crabtree holdout. "You held out 3 games, thats one more year on your rookie contract, at the same price"

doesn't get enough credit
Last time I threw my Niners hat was in the NFCC game. I'll leave it at that. Thank God for HarBaalke, and this awesome team! Who could possibly have it better than us?!
The 2012 San Francisco 49ers have beaten Green Bay in Green Bay.

They have beaten New Orleans in New Orleans.

They have beaten the New England Patriots in New England.

How anyone could possibly say this team team is worse than the 2011 squad is beyond me.

Most importantly, they shored up the franchise quarterback situation for years to come.

Thank you Jim Harbaugh.

Thank you Jed York.

Thank you Trent Baalke.

And even thank you, Gideon Yu and Praag Marathe.

You've laid the foundation for a dynasty.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
The 2012 San Francisco 49ers have beaten Green Bay in Green Bay.

They have beaten New Orleans in New Orleans.

They have beaten the New England Patriots in New England.

How anyone could possibly say this team team is worse than the 2011 squad is beyond me.

Most importantly, they shored up the franchise quarterback situation for years to come.

Thank you Jim Harbaugh.

Thank you Jed York.

Thank you Trent Baalke.

And even thank you, Gideon Yu and Praag Marathe.

You've laid the foundation for a dynasty.

This year we've defeated Rodgers, Brees, and now Brady. Many would say those are the top 3 QB's in the league and we beat them all ON THE ROAD.

Thank you players, coaches, front office, and ownership. They all had a hand in these victories.
Share 49ersWebzone