There are 132 users in the forums

Where are the experts now?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
Fox has to be worst network. It's an insult to one's intelligent. The sports from Fox is harmless buffoonery.

I missed the first 6 minutes of the game due to the NO game being played over the SF game. Then while SF was driving down the field I had to watch 6(yes i counted in my crazy anticipation) Fox commercials before they finally turned it to the Niners game right after Akers kicked his first FG.

I was a little pissed to say the least.
i trumph you,,, we had a cable outage in iowa,, between that and the over run of the saints game i saw the last quarter, grrrrrr

Great thing about Sunday Ticket, is they opened it up from blackout areas since 1 PM games lasted longer. I saw beginning of game, whole thing of course, but was able to see from beginning.

I would be pissed if that happened and I didn't have Sunday Ticket and DirecTV, but won't happen.

And the talk of changing times helping didn't work well with that yesterday, hopefully it won't happen again, especially in New Orelans late in season, a 4:25 pm est start time.
  • Jiks
Fox has to be worst network. It's an insult to one's intelligent. The sports from Fox is harmless buffoonery.

I missed the first 6 minutes of the game due to the NO game being played over the SF game. Then while SF was driving down the field I had to watch 6(yes i counted in my crazy anticipation) Fox commercials before they finally turned it to the Niners game right after Akers kicked his first FG.

i trumph you,,, we had a cable outage in iowa,, between that and the over run of the saints game i saw the last quarter, grrrrrr

That way sucks!!! I was honestly pacing back and fourth, yelling at Fox as another, then another, then another commercial popped up. I at least was watching the game ticker on my phone. We were moving the ball well then the game popped on just to see a FG. All that frustration to watch a FG after watching us moving the ball on the ticker.

If I was you I would've probably had a stroke.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BayArea:

I would have gone to a sports bar.
when the niners are good i am not allowed into the sports bars in the town where i live
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

That way sucks!!! I was honestly pacing back and fourth, yelling at Fox as another, then another, then another commercial popped up. I at least was watching the game ticker on my phone. We were moving the ball well then the game popped on just to see a FG. All that frustration to watch a FG after watching us moving the ball on the ticker.

If I was you I would've probably had a stroke.
i blamed it on obama. on the other hand i never noticed how pretty the blue color is on my tv when it loses signal,,, then of course it had the no signal logo in the screen,, thank you captain obvious
I believe I remember Mark Schlereth using the word eviscerate when he was describing what Aaron Rodgers was going to do to us. Yeah, good job douchebag.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
I believe I remember Mark Schlereth using the word eviscerate when he was describing what Aaron Rodgers was going to do to us. Yeah, good job douchebag.

I wanted to punch him, when he said basically we had no chance in Green Bay.
when the niners are good i am not allowed into the sports bars in the town where i live

Damn that sucks.
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Originally posted by Niners99:
As much as I love to blame the media for not giving us any respect, you have to look at it from the other side.

Their job is to talk about the NFL in its entirety, so they cant cover one specific team too in depth. So while we watch everything the Niners have done for years, most media members, or "experts" dont get a chance to see how legit this team really is.

One one hand they should get their head out of their east coast loving butts and maybe seen this coming much earlier, but when it comes to being a consistent, elite level team, you have to keep proving it over and over. Especially in the NFL, where even a full season of being great can turn out to be a fluke.

Most guys that get in front of a camera, or write things seen by millions have one goal; provide solid analysis of the NFL, and dont make any bold statements that will make you look dumb later. Since the 49ers were so bad for so long, nobody wanted to come out and crown them a new perrenial SB contender too early.

If you think about it, our complete 180 as a franchise is pretty hard to believe, especially if you arent paying close attention to the team. After a surprise season of being elite, were going to have to back it up before we get to just be mentioned as a default SB contender with New England, Green Bay, Baltimore, etc. We took a big step on a national stage on Sunday towards gaining that automatic respect back.

I guarantee that if we have another season like last year, even if we dont win it all, were going to start getting the benefit of the doubt again of just being a great team regardless of a win or a loss that week.

Its so nice to finally be taking our spot back among what I like to call "NFL catalog example" status. meaning there are like 4-5 examples on the front of any NFL merchandise catalog, or website store, and the 49ers are usually one.

If that was true then there wouldn't always be so much focus on the lowly Jets, who have not proven anything whatsoever in many years. They are a consistently mediocre team yet they receive the most attention by mainstream sports media.

ALL teams in the NY media radius get tons of attention regardless.
Originally posted by YungAce:
I can't wait to see what Jason LaCand******d has to say.
Not alot a total of 4 tweets throughout the whole game

@JasonLaCanfora Akers from 63 yards off the crossbar and over at the half. 49ers lead by 9 at the half.
@JasonLaCanfora Alex Smith is balling ... and making me look like ann idiot again. Guess i have to start believing
@JasonLaCanfora Jim Harbaugh's head will explode in ...5 ...4...3...2...1
@JasonLaCanfora 49ers get the W, and they definitely deserved it. Also, for those asking if Blount (TB) was hurt - nope. Just wasnt put back in

Thats pretty much it..............
Not worried about the experts.

The Experts arent sayin much bout the Niners cause they know the WebZone has them covered...
Originally posted by TlSSER:

Big Up's to Boomer and Iron Mike
Originally posted by Niners99:
As much as I love to blame the media for not giving us any respect, you have to look at it from the other side.

Their job is to talk about the NFL in its entirety, so they cant cover one specific team too in depth. So while we watch everything the Niners have done for years, most media members, or "experts" dont get a chance to see how legit this team really is.

Disagree, respectfully! Their job is to know the NFL and all the teams. We are amateurs and can't be expected to watch all the games, but that IS their job. Some guys take their jobs seriously--Billick and Sapp--while there are many who seem to phone it in with little homework--Bradshaw (although he has worked harder since his Movie career fizzled). Then there are those who just demonstrate unreasonable bias--Dukes.

I feel very strongly about this because one of the biggest stories last year was Jim Harbaugh joining the niners and then winning. Any good pundit should have watched closely to see what he was doing and after watching the offense be so efficient last year they should have known it wasn't a fluke. If he had lost a bunch of assistant coaches there would have been a reason for predicting a let down. Even if you hated Smith as a QB it was obvious he could at least manage a game efficiently.

Many of these pundits also predicted the D could not possibly be as good this year...just a lack of logic here. Aldon may be much more effective this year and the rest of the D is very similar, young and powerful.

Looking at the map of NFL towns says it all...five teams in the west, spread out like crazy. The east is crowded with teams (and viewers/readers) so there is a reason for biased reporting...but not a good reason.
They're starting to come around.
Originally posted by putangina:
They're starting to come around.

wtf? LOL
Share 49ersWebzone