There are 154 users in the forums

Where are the experts now?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by lordfangio:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1328158-week-1-nfl-power-rankings-where-does-every-team-rank-after-sundays-games/page/33

I found that, nothing else yet. I know bleacher report, but they have us #1 in power rankings after yesterday. I understand it, NE beat a weak Tennessee team, and we beat a GB team, that is offensive heavy.

Doesn't make a whole lotta sense for power rankings to come out before 4 teams have played

Agreed, just thought it was funny.
i don't give any of the Cohn's the time and day. He writes just to get a kick out of us. Not worth my time!
Originally posted by YungAce:
I can't wait to see what Jason LaCand******d has to say.

lol does he still even work for them? haven't seen him in forever...

I guess not apparently lol
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
that piece of s#it got fired from NFL Network.............i wonder why???

Because he's a huge douche. Ninertalk can come up with better power rankings (with explanations).
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I have to admit, while hopeful I wasn't confident in our chances to win in Lambeau, as even when the Packers aren't as good as us they have owned us for decades. The most amazing thing I saw was Gore looking more like 22 than 29. I expected our defense to rise to the challenge.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
What annoys me is that the GB vs 49ers matchup was the biggest game of the week, and it seems that they mainly want to talk about RG3 and Peyton Manning. Is it a bias thing? Or maybe they don't want to talk about a team, they want to talk about individuals (ie QB), and they don't think there is much to say about Alex Smith. Regardless, I think the 49er victor is being under-covered considering how big of a match it was.
I can't wait to see what Jason LaCand******d has to say.

lol does he still even work for them? haven't seen him in forever...

I guess not apparently lol
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
that piece of s#it got fired from NFL Network.............i wonder why???

Because he's a huge douche. Ninertalk can come up with better power rankings (with explanations).

that idiot works for cbs now, good thing i never watch cbs pre-game and the niners rarely have games on cbs
Originally posted by BobS:
I have to admit, while hopeful I wasn't confident in our chances to win in Lambeau, as even when the Packers aren't as good as us they have owned us for decades. The most amazing thing I saw was Gore looking more like 22 than 29. I expected our defense to rise to the challenge.

Gotta agree with you here Bob. I seriously believed San Fran was the better team, but GB just has had our number for soooooo long and in Lambeau it is even more pronounced.

After the phantom block in the back call on Lee's first punt and then Aldon getting called for that unsportsmanlike penalty, I was really getting worried about the refs and whatever "Lambeau magic" might be working against us. But the Niners, even after an even worse non-call on that punt return td, played like they belonged in the driver's seat. Without that bogus TD, the game might have ended 30-7 and I think that would have been a more accurate representation of how the game went.
Warren Sapp picked the 49ers.. He was the only guy on the NFL network that did as far as I know...

If it weren't for the debut of RGIII and return of Peyton, yesterdays win in GB would have been the talk of the league.
Originally posted by fryet:
What annoys me is that the GB vs 49ers matchup was the biggest game of the week, and it seems that they mainly want to talk about RG3 and Peyton Manning. Is it a bias thing? Or maybe they don't want to talk about a team, they want to talk about individuals (ie QB), and they don't think there is much to say about Alex Smith. Regardless, I think the 49er victor is being under-covered considering how big of a match it was.

I think this is exactly right. It's easier to talk about individual "heroes" than how a "team" plays. People like TV analysts don't think in "team" terms and can't explain why "teams," that synergistic quality. QBs are naturally heroes or schmucks. That's easy to describe. Since our QB (no matter who he is) isn't going to throw for 300-400 yards (because the defense is too good to need him to), the Niners are not going to get the RG3 and Peyton-type coverage.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1328158-week-1-nfl-power-rankings-where-does-every-team-rank-after-sundays-games/page/33

I found that, nothing else yet. I know bleacher report, but they have us #1 in power rankings after yesterday. I understand it, NE beat a weak Tennessee team, and we beat a GB team, that is offensive heavy.

Doesn't make a whole lotta sense for power rankings to come out before 4 teams have played

that's how awesome bleacher report is.

Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by Chico:
Last year all we heard about was how the 49ers weren't real. They play in the weak NFC West and aren't proven. Alex is a "game manager" and can't win us games when we needed it. Our team couldn't keep up with the powerful Saints or Packers offense...

Arron Rodgers and the Packers are SB favorites.

I guess we didn't really need to keep up with the Packers, they needed to try and keep up with the "MIGHTY POWERFUL 49ERS!!!" LMAO!!!

Truth is, the Pack played weak defenses last year which padded Rodgers stats!

I can't find one article from the experts about the 49ers...Can anyone find anything? if so, send me link please

ESPN was giving us plenty of love this morning...

For sure. You musta saw Mike and Mike too
  • gage
  • Veteran

I like how the only gripe they could find was our #4 cornerback. They probably could have mentioned DW and his stone hands.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Warren Sapp picked the 49ers.. He was the only guy on the NFL network that did as far as I know...

If it weren't for the debut of RGIII and return of Peyton, yesterdays win in GB would have been the talk of the league.

yeah because we play "Bucc Ball"
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
Fox has to be worst network. It's an insult to one's intelligent. The sports from Fox is harmless buffoonery.

I missed the first 6 minutes of the game due to the NO game being played over the SF game. Then while SF was driving down the field I had to watch 6(yes i counted in my crazy anticipation) Fox commercials before they finally turned it to the Niners game right after Akers kicked his first FG.

I was a little pissed to say the least.
i trumph you,,, we had a cable outage in iowa,, between that and the over run of the saints game i saw the last quarter, grrrrrr
Originally posted by cciowa:
i trumph you,,, we had a cable outage in iowa,, between that and the over run of the saints game i saw the last quarter, grrrrrr

I would have gone to a sports bar.
Share 49ersWebzone