LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 201 users in the forums

Where are the experts now?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
folks seriously complaining about this after week 1.
[ Edited by lamontb on Sep 10, 2012 at 1:18 PM ]
at work still getting paid to give predictions.
Originally posted by TlSSER:
NFL NETWORK = All experts chose GREEN BAY PACKERS
ESPN = All experts chose GREEN BAY PACKERS except for BOOMER & DIKTA
FOX = Does anyone know if any of them chose 49ers?
CBS = Does anyone know if any of them chose 49ers?

on first take last friday, skip bayless and steven a smith chose the 49ers
Originally posted by TlSSER:
oh and of course....don't forget.....

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000059291/Playbook-49ers-vs-Packers

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks/_/week/1/seasontype/2

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks

holy crap that playbook segment was absolutely hilarious
San Francisco 49ers top Green Bay Packers: Biggest takeaway?

LINK

Good read from these guys. The last one summed up the Packers perfectly. Benson was off the waiver wire to help their running game
As much as I love to blame the media for not giving us any respect, you have to look at it from the other side.

Their job is to talk about the NFL in its entirety, so they cant cover one specific team too in depth. So while we watch everything the Niners have done for years, most media members, or "experts" dont get a chance to see how legit this team really is.

One one hand they should get their head out of their east coast loving butts and maybe seen this coming much earlier, but when it comes to being a consistent, elite level team, you have to keep proving it over and over. Especially in the NFL, where even a full season of being great can turn out to be a fluke.

Most guys that get in front of a camera, or write things seen by millions have one goal; provide solid analysis of the NFL, and dont make any bold statements that will make you look dumb later. Since the 49ers were so bad for so long, nobody wanted to come out and crown them a new perrenial SB contender too early.

If you think about it, our complete 180 as a franchise is pretty hard to believe, especially if you arent paying close attention to the team. After a surprise season of being elite, were going to have to back it up before we get to just be mentioned as a default SB contender with New England, Green Bay, Baltimore, etc. We took a big step on a national stage on Sunday towards gaining that automatic respect back.

I guarantee that if we have another season like last year, even if we dont win it all, were going to start getting the benefit of the doubt again of just being a great team regardless of a win or a loss that week.

Its so nice to finally be taking our spot back among what I like to call "NFL catalog example" status. meaning there are like 4-5 examples on the front of any NFL merchandise catalog, or website store, and the 49ers are usually one.
Originally posted by Prospector:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2012/09/inside-the-49ers/the-curious-case-of-the-49ers-and-third-down/

anyone going blast cohn on twitter?

That would be feeding the trolls.

I just did.
Originally posted by Niners99:
As much as I love to blame the media for not giving us any respect, you have to look at it from the other side.

Their job is to talk about the NFL in its entirety, so they cant cover one specific team too in depth. So while we watch everything the Niners have done for years, most media members, or "experts" dont get a chance to see how legit this team really is.

One one hand they should get their head out of their east coast loving butts and maybe seen this coming much earlier, but when it comes to being a consistent, elite level team, you have to keep proving it over and over. Especially in the NFL, where even a full season of being great can turn out to be a fluke.

Most guys that get in front of a camera, or write things seen by millions have one goal; provide solid analysis of the NFL, and dont make any bold statements that will make you look dumb later. Since the 49ers were so bad for so long, nobody wanted to come out and crown them a new perrenial SB contender too early.

If you think about it, our complete 180 as a franchise is pretty hard to believe, especially if you arent paying close attention to the team. After a surprise season of being elite, were going to have to back it up before we get to just be mentioned as a default SB contender with New England, Green Bay, Baltimore, etc. We took a big step on a national stage on Sunday towards gaining that automatic respect back.

I guarantee that if we have another season like last year, even if we dont win it all, were going to start getting the benefit of the doubt again of just being a great team regardless of a win or a loss that week.

Its so nice to finally be taking our spot back among what I like to call "NFL catalog example" status. meaning there are like 4-5 examples on the front of any NFL merchandise catalog, or website store, and the 49ers are usually one.

If that was true then there wouldn't always be so much focus on the lowly Jets, who have not proven anything whatsoever in many years. They are a consistently mediocre team yet they receive the most attention by mainstream sports media.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
All the "experts" are raving about RG3 and Peyton Manning....

I think what have the 49ers the edge is we are a far more versatile and balanced team then the packers. Thats what makes the 49ers so scary this year, that we can ground pound the game with our RBs or line up 5 wide and put Alex in shotgun, as we did several times. We're not the best passing or rushing game, but we have a good balance with many different looks.

Then of course on D, every "expert" is now showering praise on our front 7. But I thought it was the secondary that played the best against the Packers, some REALLY amazing coverage was going on. Our safeties were flying to the ball and knocking the crap out of people and our corners were matching guys stride for stride. Rodgers can't be stopped, but he can be limited and we did exactly that.

Then Andy Lee has his bad ass punts (that was a BS return!!!! Major block in the back), and our kicker hit a 63 yard FG!!!

Every expert should be talking about how we are the most complete team in the league, able to execute in every aspect. Instead they talk about RG3....

Well RG3 was absolutely awesome. I watched a lot of that game. But yeah they ignore us as usual.
Colin Cowherd on Sports Nation on ESPN2 says Skeptical on Alex Smith. Because he isn't Rodgers like, and well guess what Colin, he beat and out dueled Aaron Rodgers and led us to the win. He may be just above game manager, but he proved he can get the redzone TDs, especially with Moss, Manningham, Crabtree and Vernon.

Eric Allen said Sold, he looked good, disagreed with Colin's comments.

I can't wait to see what Jason LaCand******d has to say.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Colin Cowherd on Sports Nation on ESPN2 says Skeptical on Alex Smith. Because he isn't Rodgers like, and well guess what Colin, he beat and out dueled Aaron Rodgers and led us to the win. He may be just above game manager, but he proved he can get the redzone TDs, especially with Moss, Manningham, Crabtree and Vernon.

Eric Allen said Sold, he looked good, disagreed with Colin's comments.

when your whole team plays football...the QB doesn't have to win it....

not one time in the game i was like WTF Alex ...he played solid
Originally posted by YungAce:

that piece of s#it got fired from NFL Network.............i wonder why???

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1328158-week-1-nfl-power-rankings-where-does-every-team-rank-after-sundays-games/page/33

I found that, nothing else yet. I know bleacher report, but they have us #1 in power rankings after yesterday. I understand it, NE beat a weak Tennessee team, and we beat a GB team, that is offensive heavy.

Doesn't make a whole lotta sense for power rankings to come out before 4 teams have played
Originally posted by YungAce:

lol does he still even work for them? haven't seen him in forever...
Share 49ersWebzone