LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 297 users in the forums

Can Randy Moss & Alex Smith pull this off.....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Damn these haters are desperate! LOL. They watch too many novellas.

Been trying to stay away from the negative post, but it is difficult when they start infiltrating so many different threads! Novellas are about their speed...the negative nellies don't have the attention span for novels!
Again, not last year. I will look later on the others. Last year off the top of my head the niners and the rams were worse.
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Bootlegger:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I think Rogers thanks god that he was able to sit behind one of the all time greats and perfect his craft instead of being thrown to the wolves.

Aaron Rogers has the worst o-line in the league, and still managers to be the #1 player in the NFL as voted by his peers.

What do you base this on?

"Newhouse graded out as the worst tackle overall (-31.1) in our ratings for 2011. He also compiled the second-worst Pass Blocking Efficiency rating (92.2) among all tackles." https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/09/07/3tfo-49ers-packers-week-1/
That's their starting left tackle.

A few years ago, they led the league in sacks given up, 51. That was when Rogers was a good but not yet great player.
Now that they have the best QB in the league, their line still ranks in the bottom 3rd of the league in terms of adjusted sack rating. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol2011
It is almost unheard of to be ranked that low with an All-Pro quarterback.

You can quote them facts all day, they will still find a way to deny it.

Big difference between stats and facts.

Based on the chart you showed....Rogers's line is middle of the road. Just becaused they sucked 4 years ago does not mean they suck now. Maybe his play is better partly because the line is better....I have heard of stranger things.

>> (Wonder how many people woulD trade Chilo for Newhouse?)<<

Well, one is a left tackle and one is a right guard.
I didn't see a fan from another team around here all off season now they are coming out in droves. lol
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
I think Rogers thanks god that he was able to sit behind one of the all time greats and perfect his craft instead of being thrown to the wolves.

Aaron Rogers has the worst o-line in the league, and still managers to be the #1 player in the NFL as voted by his peers.

What do you base this on?

"Newhouse graded out as the worst tackle overall (-31.1) in our ratings for 2011. He also compiled the second-worst Pass Blocking Efficiency rating (92.2) among all tackles." https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/09/07/3tfo-49ers-packers-week-1/
That's their starting left tackle.

A few years ago, they led the league in sacks given up, 51. That was when Rogers was a good but not yet great player.
Now that they have the best QB in the league, their line still ranks in the bottom 3rd of the league in terms of adjusted sack rating. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol2011
It is almost unheard of to be ranked that low with an All-Pro quarterback.

You can quote them facts all day, they will still find a way to deny it.

Big difference between stats and facts.

Based on the chart you showed....Rogers's line is middle of the road. Just becaused they sucked 4 years ago does not mean they suck now. Maybe his play is better partly because the line is better....I have heard of stranger things.

>> (Wonder how many people woulD trade Chilo for Newhouse?)<<

Well, one is a left tackle and one is a right guard.

You are right. But as bad as Newhouse is you can cheat a little to the side....what do you do when your pocket implodes from the inside? I have to say I was shocked someone would even suggest that the niners have a better line than greenway regardless of any one stat that might suggest otherwise. Assuming they had watched both teams play.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Sep 8, 2012 at 4:34 PM ]
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/40484/179/2012-Offensive-Line-Rankings?pg=1

They are projecting GB lone as being the best this year based on last year and off season changes. 9ers at 20th. Not saying I agree with any experts...but that is quite discrepancy with what you are suggesting.
Phillip Rivers has been in the same system for years, he sucked and Alex did well year 1. Just saying
1 jump-ball TD in the RZ puuleeeezzzzz!!
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/40484/179/2012-Offensive-Line-Rankings?pg=1

They are projecting GB lone as being the best this year based on last year and off season changes. 9ers at 20th. Not saying I agree with any experts...but that is quite discrepancy with what you are suggesting.

The guy who wrote that article is outside of his mind.

Any casual statistical analysis, whether it's running, pass blocking, anything, puts Green Bay's line no better than the middle of the league. He quotes Football Outsiders and Pro Football Focus to support him when he needs it, but ignores them when it doesn't help him. He quotes rushing and pass blocking numbers when it makes sense, and again, ignores them when they don't support his ranking. He doesn't bring up a single statistic with Green Bay's line, because if he did, it would undermine his ranking.

The guy who wrote that article is outside of his mind.

Any casual statistical analysis, whether it's running, pass blocking, anything, puts Green Bay's line no better than the middle of the league. He quotes Football Outsiders and Pro Football Focus to support him when he needs it, but ignores them when it doesn't help him. He quotes rushing and pass blocking numbers when it makes sense, and again, ignores them when they don't support his ranking. He doesn't bring up a single statistic with Green Bay's line, because if he did, it would undermine his ranking.

Might be true! Then again, I don't know ANYTHING about GB's OL...but I do about SF and 20th sounds about right (right now) with room to climb up to 15th.

GB has two first round picks at OT and Sherrod may start soon...or Newhouse may not be as bad as his grade. At any rate, GBs line has been addressed by draft and FA over the past two years and they are stocked with big young linemen (most are in their early twenties). Would anyone take Goodwin over Saturday?

Noticed Newhouse is listed as a OG on the Packer website on the roster page but is listed as starting LT on the depth page. He missed all of his rookie season so last year was his first and he was pressed into playing LT due to need. With him competing with Sherrod I would think the line will be much better this year.
Don't need no stinkin Oline, RB or Defense Godgers and his receivers beat the crap out of 21 of the last 23 teams they played.
Originally posted by Dethcheez:
Don't need no stinkin Oline, RB or Defense Godgers and his receivers beat the crap out of 21 of the last 23 teams they played.

Two of those times he couldn't throw the ball because of the pass rush. 49ers will try and copy that.

Two of those times he couldn't throw the ball because of the pass rush. 49ers will try and copy that.

Exactly...hes gonna get f**ked up by Brooks, the Smiths, McDonald and our All-Pro ILBS.

If Rodgers gets pressured, its over.

Absolutely.
Share 49ersWebzone