LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Can Randy Moss & Alex Smith pull this off.....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
I don't know if Alex has the arm strength to "chuck it" to Moss. It's gonig to be interesting to see how all of this will work.

yah they should consider bringing in Kap for the deep plays.

Originally posted by ninertico:
I don't know if Alex has the arm strength to "chuck it" to Moss. It's gonig to be interesting to see how all of this will work.

have Kaep and Smith both in the back field

can go deep and short ..defenses will not know what to do !
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Sep 7, 2012 at 1:50 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

• fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Last season, Alex had one of the highest QBRs when blitzed in the NFL.

97.6 QBR when blitzed... 88.6 QBR when not blitzed

those stats are garbage, nfl AM still calling Alex a game manager earlier this morning

Im really hoping 10 tds for Moss this yr
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Personally I hope that Alex can pull it off this year. He knows Kaep is nipping at his heels so if he doesn't perform well then he just isn't very good like I anticipate. If we performs well than I'll surely dine on some salty crow but I don't think we stay injury free like last year, I don't see the +28 turnovers again so to win the NFC west the QB has to play very well this year IMO.

Not worried about Moss. I'm sure he can get open the question is will Alex learn to avoid a rush and get the ball out ala Kaep. The reason Smith is blitzed so often as Afrikan mentioned is he is poor at Making decisions on the fly and panics too quickly. He doesnt make You pay. I see the team struggling to pass again this year. 10-6 maybe if defense plays lights out

Alex had a pretty good year last year considering. Heck it was the 1st season in this new offense for the whole team with no offseason. He did good to get the group ready for camp so as to get off to the start that we did. When I heard they were bringing back Alex I was just hoping for winning year, but the team overachieved to 14 wins!! I think Alex did fine, but we need better this year. And anything less than 10 wins for this team would be a major letdown. There are other more proven QBs in this league, but Alex did fine with Jim last year. Let us see what happens this year. Hopefully better play from the position
Originally posted by kush:
And he likely took the most sacks as well but that won't be reflected in the QB rating.

True. I'm deliberating if I should elaborate on my agreement or not. I could have just as easliy said "so what?"...

'Cause you make me.

This insert Kaep to just throw down field is ludicrous to me, Sus. Now, if he's going in for a few plays on the "Read Option" and it happens, cool. Alex can and has thrown down field accurately. He just didn't do it often last year because the offense wasn't built for long balls. Instead, it's built to open the opportunity for one with play action like the one he threw to Crabtree against the Lambs.

Glad you are not Coach.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by fly15:

those stats are garbage, nfl AM still calling Alex a game manager earlier this morning

man when you only throw for 180 yds a game and 1 td a game you a mutha f**king game managa yo.

But thats okay because you is what you is.

man when you only throw for 180 yds a game and 1 td a game you a mutha f**king game managa yo.

If you call Trent Dilfer a game manager, then how can you put Alex in the same grouping? Despite having similiar yards per game, Alex was extremely efficient and his TD to INT ratio was as good as it gets and Dilfer was nearly 1 to 1...and please show me the game where Dilfer did something like Alex did against the Saints.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Sep 7, 2012 at 2:05 PM ]
Originally posted by kush:
And he likely took the most sacks as well but that won't be reflected in the QB rating.

Alex was credited with 6 of the 44 sacks... meaning that PFF felt he allowed himself to be sacked and couldn't place blame on an individual blocker. So as we saw, there were those times where a coverage sack does occur... and Alex said better to eat it.

So Alex is to feel badly and apologize for having great defense and STs... and playing "safe ball" under the direction of Jim Harbaugh? Your contributions to this site are epic, yo.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

If you call Trent Dilfer a game manager, then how can you put Alex in the same grouping? Despite having similiar yards per game, Alex was extremely efficient and his TD to INT ratio was as good as it gets and Dilfer was nearly 1 to 1...and please show me the game where Dilfer did something like Alex did against the Saints.

You know when I get a woman I like to look at her entire body the ass the tits the face the legs everything. You cant just focus on her tits and ignore the rest because her ass may be flat as a hole in the ground.

189.5 YPG, 18 TD, 13 INT

....Tom Brady 2001* stats

*year of the tuck rule

You know when I get a woman I like to look at her entire body the ass the tits the face the legs everything. You cant just focus on her tits and ignore the rest because her ass may be flat as a hole in the ground.

Okay...if Trent is the standard for "Game Manager" in what area does Alex suck so bad that he can be compared, considering what I just highlighted?

Aaron Rodgers Disagree's with Alex being a game manager, you don't throw for that many times he said and just manage the game, he's just a real smart guy who doesn't make costly int's! . I'll take a guy that plays the spot, rather than the arm chair qb!
Share 49ersWebzone