There are 216 users in the forums

Is Manningham Better Than Josh Morgan?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I actually liked Morgan, plays like the slant he took to the house against the eagles, he had soem ability, its too bad he was hurt last year, he could have done some things in the playoffs for us (maybe)
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by susweel:
Morgan will have a better season, but Manningham has more talent.

why will Morgan have a better season ?

He's a starter

MM is the starting slot WR
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I think Manningham is better, but more importantly Manningham is the better fit for us. He gets more separation down the field than Morgan.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

He's a starter

Sorry, to be more specific, Morgan is WR2 and Manningham is WR3. Morgan will definitely see more snaps, and the Redskins throw the ball a lot, even when it was Sexy Rexy and John Beck. I fully expect Morgan to have a better statistical year.

lol mario manningham has never played slot in nfl

he is not the slot WR in SF

He's a starter

Sorry, to be more specific, Morgan is WR2 and Manningham is WR3. Morgan will definitely see more snaps, and the Redskins throw the ball a lot, even when it was Sexy Rexy and John Beck. I fully expect Morgan to have a better statistical year.

i was just having fun with that..but Moss will not be on the field every play run or pass
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Didn't play slot at Michigan even. In 3 wideout sets I think Crabtree would move into the slot, with MM and Moss on the outsides.

in 2011

Fourth-year Giants wideout Mario Manningham (above) has spent training camp playing the slot, a position previously occupied by the injured -- and still unsigned -- Steve Smith. Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/here_the_catch_6mC3FPwLzAjbJp0k9BzR8O#ixzz25iV0MFA1

and he did get snaps in the reg season
I hope he is better at not getting hurt than Morgan...

in 2011

Fourth-year Giants wideout Mario Manningham (above) has spent training camp playing the slot, a position previously occupied by the injured -- and still unsigned -- Steve Smith. Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/here_the_catch_6mC3FPwLzAjbJp0k9BzR8O#ixzz25iV0MFA1

It has very little impact on this thread but during the regular season in three wide sets Cruz almost exclusively worked the slot for the giants.

Originally posted by natrone06:

in 2011

It has very little impact on this thread but during the regular season in three wide sets Cruz almost exclusively worked the slot for the giants.

After Cruz stepped up big time...but i think he and Ctree will split time in the slot when we are 3 wide
Morgan was leading reciever for us last year, before he got hurt.
Originally posted by natrone06:
Free agency tells all.

Morgan essentially two-year deal worth up to $12 million, with $7.5 million guaranteed

Manningham two-year, $7.375 million I think around 4 million guaranteed.

Some will say Washington overpaid. Either way you can see the free market sees them as similar level receivers.

yeah , but its Washington, the same team that shelled out big bucks for Albert Haynesworth and Adam Archuleta ...Dan Snyder is the perfect example that an owner can throw money around and still wind up with a crappy team
in 2011

yes but cruz took over in the slot once he emerged in preseason
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Sep 6, 2012 at 12:24 PM ]
Too early to tell.
Share 49ersWebzone