LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Which receivers start first series?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Doesn't matter.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
@Eric_Branch #49ers list Michael Crabtree and Randy Moss as their starting WRs on Week 1 depth chart.
Originally posted by boast:
@Eric_Branch #49ers list Michael Crabtree and Randy Moss as their starting WRs on Week 1 depth chart.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Day 1 WR Depth Chart:
Crabs
Manninham
A.J.
Moss
Williams

Depth Chart by Mid-season:
Crabs
A.J.
Manningham
Williams
Moss

My Depth Chart Wish:
A.J.
Manningham
Crabs
Williams
Moss

I don't include Ginn because he's a WR in-name-only and won't be used as a WR unless we have a rash of injuries. Bring it!

Someone's gonna be upset when his boy doesnt even dress up for some games
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by jreff22:
I dont think the "film" on these guys really matters that much. Both are vets that have played long enough for teams to know what they can and cant do.

Well, they know what they did in the past, but they don't know how the niners will use them. Plus, I hope that people won't get disappointed when we don't open it up like they hope. One thing about JH way, I think, if possible they don't want to show the opponents everything if they don't have to. Keep it close, then in the second half open it up if you have to, the reason? It makes it harder to adjust. If you show everything, they can adjust at the half.

So Moss will be brought in for the red zone or 30 yards and in. Any other situation, maybe decoy, then if need to bust out the rest of the playbook.

This is true...because you still have 15 more games in the regular season after Green Bay. You have to save certain things for different opponents.
Hey, have we confirmed who even plays what position(s) yet? For instance, some guys will play all three WR positions, while some may play two and others may only play one.

What are your guesses or confirmations at this point? From MM's depth chart, it appears the SE/X is the all-world-speed WR and the FL/Z is the all-hands team (AJ is both).

Split end (X or SE): Moss/Mario Manningham/Ginn
Flanker (Z or FL): Crabtree/Williams/Jenkins/Manningham/Ginn
Slot receiver (Y or SL): Williams/Jenkins/Crabtree
Slot back: Jenkins (Throw in a little HaRoman magic here from the old WCO days)

From there, we can look at the possible packages we might run (this year) in year 2 of 3 of the WCO installation.

FYI: Naturally, it all starts with pass protection too so until this OL is consistent/reliable on their own, we may see a lot of jumbo/max-protection packages with very few (one or two) receiving options.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 4, 2012 at 1:31 PM ]
Taylor Jacobs and Marcus Maxwell.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Taylor Jacobs and Marcus Maxwell.

you mean TO v. 2! haha
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by jreff22:
I dont think the "film" on these guys really matters that much. Both are vets that have played long enough for teams to know what they can and cant do.

Well, they know what they did in the past, but they don't know how the niners will use them. Plus, I hope that people won't get disappointed when we don't open it up like they hope. One thing about JH way, I think, if possible they don't want to show the opponents everything if they don't have to. Keep it close, then in the second half open it up if you have to, the reason? It makes it harder to adjust. If you show everything, they can adjust at the half.

So Moss will be brought in for the red zone or 30 yards and in. Any other situation, maybe decoy, then if need to bust out the rest of the playbook.

One of my favorite parts of that last preseason game was our first drive when we ran the ball down there throats without passing. I want us to do that to GB.
We are going 4 wide

and check down to gore

You may be right. A.J. could be too low

Your depth chart is full of fail. Jenkins isnt going to suit up for a while
Originally posted by 99problems:
Day 1 WR Depth Chart:
Crabs
Manninham
A.J.
Moss
Williams

Depth Chart by Mid-season:
Crabs
A.J.
Manningham
Williams
Moss

My Depth Chart Wish:
A.J.
Manningham
Crabs
Williams
Moss

I don't include Ginn because he's a WR in-name-only and won't be used as a WR unless we have a rash of injuries. Bring it!

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Your depth chart is full of fail. Jenkins isnt going to suit up for a while

1st and foremost, I'm a 49ers fan - and the biggest in the world, thank you very much - so seeing my beloved 49ers win is more important to me than me being right about the depth chart., so lets keep this in perspective. I'm not upset at all, that much is for sure. I'm not afraid of being wrong, like I was wrong here. And, unlike many around here, I follow my mind and don't suck up behind the popular thought on the latest thread. I'm not the head coach, so I trust JH & Co. If A.J. don't dress. . . .oh well. Life goes on. Not the end of the world. Still won't stop me from putting my opinions out there. Won't be the 1st or last time I was wrong on something. I was told by a wise coach that "you can't become wise if you're afraid of being wrong".
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Sep 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM ]
Originally posted by 99problems:

BTW, I don't get mad at things like this
Crabs and Moss are starting. best possible lineup as far as im concerned, atleast for now til the rookie gets used to nfl starting cb's
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Crabs and Moss are starting. best possible lineup as far as im concerned, atleast for now til the rookie gets used to nfl starting cb's

when manningam comes in i hope crabtree moves to the slot
Share 49ersWebzone