There are 281 users in the forums

Which receivers start first series?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Crabtree and Moss.

Originally posted by natrone06:
Crabtree and Moss no doubt.

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I would say Crabtree and Moss. But like Roman said, it could be any combo through out the game depend on what they want to do on any given play. Will be interesting to see.

This
Dude you are wrong...so wrong. So far I haven't found anyone making a good point about Ginn not having a place in the offense as a receiver. I will make a case for him to be one --speed. Once his wheels are better he can clear out for others ..ahemm ...crabtree.... to have space behind/underneath. Contrary to popular opinions, he does know how to catch the ball thrown his way. No denying that he have had some boneheaded drops but he also had some good catches too and some of those for 3rd down conversions. Even in the latest 4 preseason games, there was a 3rd down catch that I remember. And the one that Smith forced to Moss, Ginn was open ...wide open...on a crossing. We need Ginn to stretch the defense. We missed what he provide last year against the Giants in the NFCCG.
If I'm wrong about any of this it isn't gonna be about Ginn. I hate to be the one to tell you this but Ginn is a horrible WR. Terrible rout running, inconsistent hands, and awful at the point of attack at the line of scrimmage. As a WR he has to be schemed open by the OC, even with his speed. Oh, and let us not forget his notorious lack of availability (injury prone). All of these are common themes throughout his NFL career going into his 6th season. Trust me, this coaching staff know exactly what they have in Ginn and it isn't WR. It's returner.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
If I'm wrong about any of this it isn't gonna be about Ginn. I hate to be the one to tell you this but Ginn is a horrible WR. Terrible rout running, inconsistent hands, and awful at the point of attack at the line of scrimmage. As a WR he has to be schemed open by the OC, even with his speed. Oh, and let us not forget his notorious lack of availability (injury prone). All of these are common themes throughout his NFL career going into his 6th season. Trust me, this coaching staff know exactly what they have in Ginn and it isn't WR. It's returner.

And as we all know, if a player doesn't reach his potential by year 6 he is worthless.....
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
It'll be Moss and Crabtree with Manningham being the 3rd wideout.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Jenkins won't see time over Moss or Manningham. Plus Ginn will be used throughout the year at WR as well
Sure, not in week one. But as the season progresses he'll begin to take reps from them both and by mid-season he'll be starting. And the only way Ginn see's the field as a WR is by way of injury.
Crabs and other
  • Jiks
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
crabs theonly receiver in a double te set

Yeah - that is a pretty high probability.

Honestly this...

I don't include Ginn because he's a WR in-name-only and won't be used as a WR unless we have a rash of injuries. Bring it!

Dude you are wrong...so wrong. So far I haven't found anyone making a good point about Ginn not having a place in the offense as a receiver. I will make a case for him to be one --speed. Once his wheels are better he can clear out for others ..ahemm ...crabtree.... to have space behind/underneath. Contrary to popular opinions, he does know how to catch the ball thrown his way. No denying that he have had some boneheaded drops but he also had some good catches too and some of those for 3rd down conversions. Even in the latest 4 preseason games, there was a 3rd down catch that I remember. And the one that Smith forced to Moss, Ginn was open ...wide open...on a crossing. We need Ginn to stretch the defense. We missed what he provide last year against the Giants in the NFCCG.

Thank you...pure ignorance. Ginn was THE man for Alex last year esp. on 3rd downs (even in this pre season) and his injury alone left us with only one viable receiving threat (Davis) in the NFCCG. Like Moss, his speed is so respected, DB's play 10-15 yards off him b/c at any minute he could go deep...that "threat" alone opened up holes all year for the RB's (Hunter) and VD and for Crabtree underneath. Granted we have more talent now but I would imagine he and Moss would play similar roles this year once he gets healthy; not to mention he was unstoppable on fly-sweeps too. This "case" alone is better than almost any WR still on our roster from last year. And like Roman said, there is no #1, 2, 3, etc...not "starter." It's a worthless phrase for us. ALL of these guys will be coming in on various packages so who "starts" is insignificant. Truly.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
crabs theonly receiver in a double te set

Yeah - that is a pretty high probability.

Honestly this...

Jumbo package with 3 TE's and a run up the middle with Gore. Crabtree, the only WR split out. No question this most likely with be the first play call. And the defense will stack 9 in the box and run blitz between the tackles for a modest 3 yard gain.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 3, 2012 at 11:54 AM ]
Crabs and Moss yet Gore leads team in receiving (200 yards)

LMJ might be inactive early on in the season. He's not as valuable on special teams as Dixon is.
Originally posted by DirtyP:
And as we all know, if a player doesn't reach his potential by year 6 he is worthless.....
Now that's straw-man action there. Nobody said anything about Ginn being worthless. If he were he certainly wouldn't be on this roster. However, as a WR, his usefulness is minimal at best. Last season, on a team starving for good consistent WR play Ginn was typical Ginn - unavailable, and unremarkable and unreliable when available (again, as a WR). What's there to make me think that Ginn, on a team with a drastically upgraded and deep WR corps, who also drafted a WR in the 1st round of the latest draft, will have a bigger role as WR than last season? Now, strictly as a returner, he's lethal , that is when available. But as a WR?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Day 1 WR Depth Chart:
Crabs
Manninham
A.J.
Moss
Williams

Depth Chart by Mid-season:
Crabs
A.J.
Manningham
Williams
Moss

My Depth Chart Wish:
A.J.
Manningham
Crabs
Williams
Moss

I don't include Ginn because he's a WR in-name-only and won't be used as a WR unless we have a rash of injuries. Bring it!

did you always hate Randy Moss?
none.....4 TE set.....they kept three TE's plus have been working dobbs there for a reason i think
I see Crabs and Moss starting this week because manningham missed time due to his grandpas passing. eventually itll be crabs and manningham as starters i think and jenkins will work himself intot he starting lineup sometime this year. not worried about our receiver situation at all. any combination of these guys starting is way better than what we had last year
Share 49ersWebzone