There are 211 users in the forums

Niners to sign Clark Haggans

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
I would rather have Shawne Merriman or Matt Roth to replace Haralson over Haggans.

And they probably will sign another one after week one, so that their contract isn't guaranteed.
[ Edited by KID9R on Sep 3, 2012 at 8:55 PM ]
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KID9R:
I would rather have Shawne Merriman or Matt Roth to replace Haralson over Haggans.

And they probably will sign another one after week one, so that their contract isn't guaranteed.

Is roth injured?
Originally posted by toeshawn:

Is roth injured?
The Jaguars showed no interest in re-signing Roth after he missed seven games due to concussion issues last season. Although he's been given a clean bill of health, Roth's only other known visit was to Cincinnati in late March. May 9 - 12:04 PM
travis laboy anyone?
Watch Dobbs become an all pro at OLB this year, now that'd be the day.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Well, I guess for now nobody is getting cut since Haralson is on IR which freed up a spot for Haggins. Wonder if we are set with those 3 or we bring back Alama-Francis or Rowe or Bakhtiari or an outsider?

still need a 4th OLB

how about this guy? 6'2" 255lbs

[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 3, 2012 at 11:06 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I doubt Shawne Merrimen would wanna be a back up player. Everette brown, Travis LaBoy, Ikaika Alama-Francis or even Kenny Rowe would've been my choice.
  • mod
  • Veteran
I'd bring back Alama-Francis
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by modninerfan:

In two games he did get some pretty good pressure, and no I'm not saying this cause hes from Hawaii, but if you've watch the games he did get good pressure.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

In two games he did get some pretty good pressure, and no I'm not saying this cause hes from Hawaii, but if you've watch the games he did get good pressure.

If he were a starter I don't think he'd get more than 3-4 sacks in a season... But he has some pass rush skills, better than Rowe I think, I think he's a better run stopper than LaBoy, and just overall enough experience to be a solid 1-2 year backup

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:

If he were a starter I don't think he'd get more than 3-4 sacks in a season... But he has some pass rush skills, better than Rowe I think, I think he's a better run stopper than LaBoy, and just overall enough experience to be a solid 1-2 year backup

Agreed, a solid bench player and situational pass rusher. It just doesn't make sense to me that they signed a player that could be possibly suspended the first 3 games. Haggans hasn't even been with the team this off-season, at least Rowe, Bahktiari and Alama-Francis have been.
A guy that has stuck around this league this long and started all of last year is bound to know what he is doing
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Sep 4, 2012 at 1:41 AM ]
As a #4 I was going to say Alama-Francis would be my 1st choice but look at his stats. I know stats don't tell the whole story but 1 sack in 5 years is not good.
http://www.nfl.com/player/ikaikaalama-francis/2507178/profile
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
A guy that has stuck around this league this long and started all of last year is bound to know what he is doing
Yeah, guy was pretty good with the Steelers and then the Cardinals so he is familiar with the 3-4. Question is how much does he have left in the tank? I think we will be ok but next year we definitely need to find a couple of pass rushing OLBs
They gotta be able to do better than this. Bump up a practice squad guy. Or raid somebody elses practice squad. Bring back some of the cut OLB's. I knew this OLB thing was going to hurt them. Kept 3. And one already hurt. So we are down to 2 with 1 old guy. This could potentially effect our defense big time....
Share 49ersWebzone