There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners to sign Clark Haggans

Originally posted by susweel:
don't know why people are against questioning moves made by anyone. After all nobody is perfect even the great Bill Walsh made some bad moves it happens. I'm not saying to fire Baalke or anything but when something is not right he should be called out for it.

I agree with you. This situation is the first time I have questioned Harbaugh and the FO.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Baalke failed to address the position properly in the draft and free agency. Now we are paper thin at a vital position.

careful friend,, if you dare question this coach and front office, the wolves will circle you and the webzone is a lonely place when the wolves come out gee susweet,,,, i have this linebacker I know will be put on injured reserve plus i have two linebackers who are "working through something" so our plan is to sign a 35 year old who may get suspended for the first game against one of the top teams in the nfl at thier place but thats ok , because we are the 49ers and have everyone back on defense and have a new stadium going up and these cool little blue shirts, the hearing will go in our favor wednesday. holy f**king s**t

don't know why people are against questioning moves made by anyone. After all nobody is perfect even the great Bill Walsh made some bad moves it happens. I'm not saying to fire Baalke or anything but when something is not right he should be called out for it.
signing a player who you think will miss at least the first game is stupid in my opinion, especially when you knew the importance of this position before you signed him. you have seen enough posts around here to know that jh walks on water to some and if you question that, the mob will light the torches and try to drive you out of the village
Baalke failed to address the position properly in the draft and free agency. Now we are paper thin at a vital position.

careful friend,, if you dare question this coach and front office, the wolves will circle you and the webzone is a lonely place when the wolves come out gee susweet,,,, i have this linebacker I know will be put on injured reserve plus i have two linebackers who are "working through something" so our plan is to sign a 35 year old who may get suspended for the first game against one of the top teams in the nfl at thier place but thats ok , because we are the 49ers and have everyone back on defense and have a new stadium going up and these cool little blue shirts, the hearing will go in our favor wednesday. holy f**king s**t

I am with you bud. I am just trying to keep a level head about this mess and I would hope Baalke is also. I believe that each NFL season is dynamic and constantly evolving and that as a GM you have to be able to acknowledge and overcome any good or bad moves you may make. Let us say Baalke did mess this up. Well it is his job to fix this, on the fly, during the season, as situations present themselves. This type of thing can and will happen to most teams throughout this season. He just has to make adjustments if he can to fix this mess. I just am not ready to cave in just yet
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

I am with you bud. I am just trying to keep a level head about this mess and I would hope Baalke is also. I believe that each NFL season is dynamic and constantly evolving and that as a GM you have to be able to acknowledge and overcome any good or bad moves you may make. Let us say Baalke did mess this up. Well it is his job to fix this, on the fly, during the season, as situations present themselves. This type of thing can and will happen to most teams throughout this season. He just has to make adjustments if he can to fix this mess. I just am not ready to cave in just yet

Yah I hear ya, hopefully it works out well but I still think they sign some other dude.
Calm down...sheesh... Vic knows what he's doing. He got this.

Step 1 for a new NFL coach: Lock yourself in a film room and study every catch, cut, backpedal and buttonhook by each player you've inherited.
That's what Jim Harbaugh and his offensive staff did immediately after taking over the 49ers in January 2011. His counterpart on defense, however, played it cool. Vic Fangio wanted a close-up look at his new pupils that was unclouded by the defense their previous coaches had them playing. He wanted to take his time in picking out the top 11. And only when he had that group in mind would he settle on a scheme that suited them.

A case in point: When the rickety Candlestick Park elevator broke down during the 49ers' Aug. 10 exhibition game against Minnesota, Fangio didn't rush down flights of stairs (and back up again) to the locker room at halftime like his gasping and sweaty offensive counterparts. He stayed put.

"I had a hot dog," he said. "I've had better."

LINK
maybe they should think about bringing back that llama guy.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Yah I hear ya, hopefully it works out well but I still think they sign some other dude.

It's only Monday.

Plenty of time to make roster moves.

I'm not happy about the situation, but I fail to see how Baalke is responsible.

We had plenty of OLBs to start the preseason. Unfortunately, every single one of them got injured.

I'm not going to judge the decision to sign Haggans until I know more about his situation. Every report so far says he'll be able to play against Green Bay.
Originally posted by Wodwo:

It's only Monday.

We had plenty of OLBs to start the preseason. Unfortunately, every single one of them got injured.

I'm not going to judge the decision to sign Haggans until I know more about his situation. Every report so far says he'll be able to play against Green Bay.

Depending on a 5th and 7th pick for depth is insane. He should have brought in another vet or or used a higher pick on a OLB, probably shouldn't have take LMJ in the second round (although I liked the pick at the time) he should have used that pick on a OLB.

It's only Monday.

Depending on a 5th and 7th pick for depth is insane. He should have brought in another vet or or used a higher pick on a OLB, probably shouldn't have take LMJ in the second round (although I liked the pick at the time) he should have used that pick on a OLB.

If either Fleming or Johnson didn't get injured, there wouldn't be any complaining. Either of those guys would have filled in nicely. And we still have a chance to get Cam up to speed during the season.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Sep 3, 2012 at 2:44 PM ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:
If either Fleming or Johnson didn't get injured, there wouldn't be any complaining. Either of those guys would have filled in nicely. And we still have a chance to get Cam up to speed during the season.

I think this might be right and I am hoping Cam does work himself into the OLB picture this season. We need him to.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
If he's suspended we get a roster exemption. I read it on the twitter
Originally posted by toeshawn:
If he's suspended we get a roster exemption. I read it on the twitter

yah we get to use it as a write-off on our taxes also.
No way he should be suspended if that's the case. If Britt gets 1 game for his 8th arrest in a few years.

Anyways, they just approved the new IR rule where 1 player can come back off IR. It was along with the trade deadline going back from week 6 to 8. Wondering if you can bring the player back any time and if this is what we have up our sleeve.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/08/30/players-union-approves-changes-to-nfls-injured-reserve-rule-trade-deadline/
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

No... no it isn't. Parys Haralson was a fifth round pick.

Injuries were the problem, not draft position, not any failure to bring in enough depth.

We had plenty of OLBs. You really think we needed more than five?

Second guessing roster decisions because every player at a position got injured is silly.

No... no it isn't. Parys Haralson was a fifth round pick.

Injuries were the problem, not draft position, not any failure to bring in enough depth.

We had plenty of OLBs. You really think we needed more than five?

Second guessing roster decisions because every player at a position got injured is silly.

There were no guarantees that Flemming or Johnson could play in the NFL. Baalke should have brought in a vet to COMPETE with them.