LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 191 users in the forums

Niners to sign Clark Haggans

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by jreff22:
and Parys proves useless again

Again??? So when he's healthy he's useless? We sure as hell could USE him right now.

we need a depth....dont care if its Parys or somebody else

Again??? So when he's healthy he's useless? We sure as hell could USE him right now.

Parys knows this defense inside and out. Clark Haggans most definitely does not. Parys is/was our depth.

Parys knows this defense inside and out. Clark Haggans most definitely does not. Parys is/was our depth.

his $$$ for return is crap, we should of cut him and brought in better options

I agree, but it is easier said than done. Talented OLB's are at a premium. We could have used a high pick on one I guess, instead of drafting WR and RB. We certainly could not have signed anybody better than Parys, unless you know of someone who would have been cheaper and better?
Originally posted by AmpLee:

Should of, could of, would of
true but at almost 2.5 mill....it was a very decision to keep him

I agree, but it is easier said than done. Talented OLB's are at a premium. We could have used a high pick on one I guess, instead of drafting WR and RB. We certainly could not have signed anybody better than Parys, unless you know of someone who would have been cheaper and better?

we dont need a super talented guy....just somebody who can be reliable under 1.5 mill.....very easily done
Originally posted by AmpLee:

Should of, could of, would of

Respectfully, it should be "have" instead of "of".

we dont need a super talented guy....just somebody who can be reliable under 1.5 mill.....very easily done

Ok. Who?

How much is Parys making anyway?
Ok. Who?

just about 2.5 this year and next.

at this point I cant find the list of all FA OLB's who were available...again we didn't need superstars
Ok. Who?

at this point I cant find the list of all FA OLB's who were available...again we didn't need superstars

I think it would have been tough to bring someone in as good as him. We could have saved some money but, it would have been a risky proposition to replace a former starter (on a good defense) with ageing free agents and journeymen who have little familiarity with our defense. Would have also been a big slap in the face to a well-respected player on the team.

I'm curious. Do you think Travis Laboy was as good as Parys?

Ok. Who?

I think it would have been tough to bring someone in as good as him. We could have saved some money but, it would have been a risky proposition to replace a former starter (on a good defense) with ageing free agents and journeymen who have little familiarity with our defense. Would have also been a big slap in the face to a well-respected player on the team.

I'm curious. Do you think Travis Laboy was as good as Parys?

You guys worry about this slap in the face crap, its a business. The money was better used in savings because we now have a serious cap problem. People love guys like him...Snyder, ronnie fields, MRob, Spencer...medicore players who some fight tooth and nail to keep.
You guys worry about this slap in the face crap, its a business. The money was better used in savings because we now have a serious cap problem. People love guys like him...Snyder, ronnie fields, MRob, Spencer...medicore players who some fight tooth and nail to keep.

It's fine to trash players and I'm all for it, but who do you REPLACE them with?

For example, which player would you rather have, Snyder or Rachal? I certainly would rather have Snyder.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran

You and SanDiego49er are the same person.
i jizzed myself.
Although a deal has been struck, I don't think it is signed yet. What is the time table rule for having to cut a player after signing another? This guy has a discipline hearing, so each he gets any suspension, the 49ers will be without his services, so the niners still would be in a quandry if something happens.

As for who the niners cut, I also don't get what the talk is about Dobbs cutting cut, not only is he valuable for his versatility, he has shown talent, it is just that Smith is in front of him. Celek well if we need a tight end and he gets picked up elsewhere well there are other options.
Share 49ersWebzone