2012 Team Captains

49ers players select

Alex Smith
Frank Gore
Patrick Willis
Justin Smith

As captains. Harbaugh just announced 24 mins ago, per MM twitter

Solid picks, go niners
But do they get to wear the C's this year ?
Happy for Alex... I believe this is the first time he has been voted Team Caption by his peers.
Originally posted by susweel:
But do they get to wear the C's this year ?

doubt it.
Harbaugh thinks it looks like Hockey uniforms with the Cs
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Happy for Alex... I believe this is the first time he has been voted Team Caption by his peers.

I think so. I believe Coach Mike just gave it to him a few years ago and can't remember him getting it before that year.
Originally posted by ninertico:

Nice
cant wait to get this s**t started.
Happy for Alex. He needs to go out and prove he deserves it. Willis, Justin and Frank are obvious ones, also would of voted Vernon if a 5th could of been given out. Vernon was clutch for us.
Really? My picks would be:

Tolzien
Williams
Lee
Jennings
Good for you, Alex, good for you.

Alex has ALWAYS had the backing and respect of his teammates. It's simply the success and production was never there. After last season though, he's starting to prove he can go out there and be successful.
No C's on the jerseys according to Harbaughs press conference. He also said Patrick and Gore were left from last year. If you get voted it's for 2 years unless you aren't on the team anymore than they will pick a new person. So Alex and Justin are the new ones voted on by the players and he said the 1st and 2nd round rookies tallied the votes.
solid picks